[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest tcpaulh

Mine is SJS00M.

Can i do OTA from 20131017?

The problem isn't 100% understood yet. What we can say is that so far we know of two devices dying with hynix nand flash and we know of zero devices dying with other nand flash. Daz is going through the mill on this. His device which has worked fine for a year on a 3.4 kernel has SJS00M nand flash so it looks promising...

Mine is XINYH and all seems good.

Version 10.2-20131016

TWRP 2.6.3.0

OC 1267 MHz

I did only full wipe (include system) and install via TWRP. Never OTA.

Version 10.2-20131016

TWRP 2.6.3.0

OC 1267 MHz

That build appears not have problems. Is only the recent ones, with the kernel 3.4.

Guest tcpaulh

Version 10.2-20131016

TWRP 2.6.3.0

OC 1267 MHz

You may have dodged a bullet.

Guest BorowikSzatanski

So what people who are not experiencing any problem with new kernel and recovery do? Revert back to old builds? Wait for new one?

I have:

SJS00M,

6.0.4.4. recovery (cant find info why it's no longer available).

10.2.20131020 nightly

Guest Dazzozo

We may have found the issue. :|

I have XINYN and no problems...From first build to second, and third with OTA...But I use Twrp, and now I use B952...

Interesting...

It looks like the new recovery happend something bad, because I have used CM10.2 since new kernel was added and have no problem until I updated to CWM 6.0.4.4 R4 today. And there it starts freezing.

It looks like the new recovery happend something bad, because I have used CM10.2 since new kernel was added and have no problem until I updated to CWM 6.0.4.4 R4 today. And there it starts freezing.

What's your mmc type?

Run cat /sys/class/block/mmcblk0/device/name in terminal emulator.

I think it's hynix, because it's maybe-dead. I have flashned b937 by Vodafone and then 6.0.4.0 recovery. If I try to format /sdcard 0, after that phone has black screen and freeze. Also it keeps freezing in system. Is there any other way, how to try to rescue it?

Edited by LivArt

Guest Manodragon

I didn't brick my phone with the 21 oct update. But it's still running on 3.4 kernel. Should I go back to 19 with the 3.0.8 kernel or will the 22 oct nightly go back to that? 

Guest maddemon1900

Sorry if this is a stupid question but i cannot access mmcblk0 via Android Terminal Emulator. I get

cat /sys/class/                          is a directory

cat/sys/class/mmcblk0             no such file or directoy

I have set my 16GB SD Card as internal (Sd0), CWM Recovery 6.0.4.0 R3 recognizes it as (Sd1) when in recovery. How do I find out which version i am on?

I'm runnig Build 10/21, as mentioned CWM Recovery 6.0.4.0 R3, and the bootloader is officially unlocked. So far I've had zero problems and my last full backup

and afterwards wipe was on/after Build 10/16.

Again, sorry if this seems stupid. thx

Sorry if this is a stupid question but i cannot access mmcblk0 via Android Terminal Emulator. I get

cat /sys/class/                          is a directory

cat/sys/class/mmcblk0             no such file or directoy

I have set my 16GB SD Card as internal (Sd0), CWM Recovery 6.0.4.0 R3 recognizes it as (Sd1) when in recovery. How do I find out which version i am on?

I'm runnig Build 10/21, as mentioned CWM Recovery 6.0.4.0 R3, and the bootloader is officially unlocked. So far I've had zero problems and my last full backup

and afterwards wipe was on/after Build 10/16.

Again, sorry if this seems stupid. thx

cat /sys/class/block/mmcblk0/device/name not just /sys/class/mmcblk0

Guest Dellboy2012

Btw, dead phone gets lit for milisec when attached to PC and Windows7 sees it as unknown device and Windows XP as USB device. Both can't find drivers for it.

Guest maddemon1900

You must write everything - cat /sys/class/block/mmcblk0/device/name

Must have made a really stupid typo or something, I tried that first (a couple of times), and it wouldn't show up. Then I tried to trace it back to mmcblk0 and it wouldn't find it. Then I went the complicated route and tried to manually show all booted partitions in the file system...

Long story short: SJS00M

now I am further embarrassed, but thanks for your help guys...

Guest diogo_rs_oliveira

I have cwm  6.0.4.0 R3 and 210131021 build with the 3.4.0 kernel and everything works great! 
Not having any kind of freezes...

Guest ferreiradanielf

hi, so my phone is dead. I flashed the CM10.2 clean install and it all went great until I restored a backup from CM10.1, after that it just went to sleep to never wake up.

So my guess for the problem with all the phones dying is the backup from previous firmware versions.

will be taking a trip to vodafone tomorrow... 

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work Dazz

Thanks for the rom :) its great
cyanogenmod 10.2-20131021-nightly-u8815
kernel - 3.4.0-gc74366b

i used infusion and slimbean, but this one... its realy perfect :)

with the supercharge tweaks is the best rom i ever tested...