[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest phyllocrania
Another question regarding KitKat: What is the default launcher Trebuchet or Google Experience Launcher?
The launcher in this ROM is called Launcher 3. I don't know if that is what the Google Experience Launcher is. Edited by phyllocrania

Guest qwertyu123

Just installed, so smooth, and quite less laggy than 10.2. Thanks Daz!

The only problem I have, is some Google account sync issues. It looks like my device can't be restored from google information. I'm having to reconfigure everything from scratch, wifi networks passwords not restored, apps are not downloaded automatically, Calendar cannot be synced, etc... only contacts were restored. Not sure if it's a google servers problem.

Guest DuneDweller

Just installed, so smooth, and quite less laggy than 10.2. Thanks Daz!

The only problem I have, is some Google account sync issues. It looks like my device can't be restored from google information. I'm having to reconfigure everything from scratch, wifi networks passwords not restored, apps are not downloaded automatically, Calendar cannot be synced, etc... only contacts were restored. Not sure if it's a google servers problem.

Indeed, unlike a previous post saying that there were "no problems" this seems far from the case -- at the time, lack of ability to wifi tether was noted  -- not knocking a great achievement, just trying to keep facts straight for those who DO read the posts

on a different matter, how's video on the new "4.4" ROM?  this was "supposed to be" fixed for this version,

and then later incorporated into the 10.2 ROM

Guest phyllocrania

I had absolutely zero problems with Google account sync and restore. And the post where I mentioned it's smooth and everything except WiFi tethering works was my "first impressions" of Daz's CM 11 after just an hour of use. Been using it for 8 hours or so now and I'm loving this ROM. Faced no major issues. Dazzozo did an absolutely fantastic job! :D

Edited by phyllocrania

Guest qwertyu123

I had absolutely zero problems with Google account sync and restore. And the post where I mentioned it's smooth and everything except WiFi tethering works was my "first impressions" of Daz's CM 11 after just an hour of use. Been using it for 8 hours or so now and I'm loving this ROM. Faced no major issues. Dazzozo did an absolutely fantastic job! :D

Did you install the google apps recommended by daz? or some other? I still can't sync.

On the other side CM11 is not finished by Cyanogenmod team, and there are quite a lot of features missing from 10.2. CM11 is still quite unpolished but this is not Daz fault.

I just love to try new hot stuff, but it is my responsability if anything goes wrong. It clearly says Experimental, so you cannot expect everything is finished! In any case it is already usable.

Guest phyllocrania

Did you install the google apps recommended by daz? or some other? I still can't sync.

On the other side CM11 is not finished by Cyanogenmod team, and there are quite a lot of features missing from 10.2. CM11 is still quite unpolished but this is not Daz fault.

I just love to try new hot stuff, but it is my responsability if anything goes wrong. It clearly says Experimental, so you cannot expect everything is finished! In any case it is already usable.

I used the Google apps Daz recommended. It is a stripped down version of gapps.

Guest Balerion

I used the Google apps Daz recommended. It is a stripped down version of gapps.

Could you post a link? (I'm lazy I know, but I want to know that I'm flashing something that won't cause problems.)

Guest Balerion
android.thebronasium.com/pa_gapps-stripped-4.4-20131114-signed.zip
Thank you! I will flash it later today. EDIT: Thank you too etikmat! Edited by Balerion

Guest dinamo1975

i have problems with google sync and restore... "There was a problem communicating with Google servers!" < something like that!

Edited by dinamo1975