[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest fiona_stargatefan

Hi,

I've installed a number of the nightlies now and still having problems (6/12, 7/12, 8/12 and now 11/12). I can't access Play store - every time it says "No connection" when I'm connected vi wi-fi.  Before I updated to 11/12 I flashed clockwork mod, then installed 11/12 and google apps, wiped delvik cache, user settings & cache. I get lots of errors about google location, google apps, google + stopping so I disabled google+ and as per other posts I've reinstalled google apps. Still no joy. At the moment I've only got the preinstalled apps. I'm going to revert to CM 10.0 tomorrow night unless anyone has other suggestions?

One other problem, I can't run the g300.exe and unlockbootloader because USB debugging no longer works so my installs had to be done without running these - does this matter?

Really appreciate all the work folk do and will appreciate if even more if I can get 10.2 to work!

Ta,

Fiona

Edited by fiona_stargatefan

Guest u8815-15

Hi,

I've installed a number of the nightlies now and still having problems (6/12, 7/12, 8/12 and now 11/12). I can't access Play store - every time it says "No connection" when I'm connected vi wi-fi.  Before I updated to 11/12 I flashed clockwork mod, then installed 11/12 and google apps, wiped delvik cache, user settings & cache. I get lots of errors about google location, google apps, google + stopping so I disabled google+ and as per other posts I've reinstalled google apps. Still no joy. At the moment I've only got the preinstalled apps. I'm going to revert to CM 10.0 tomorrow night unless anyone has other suggestions?

One other problem, I can't run the g300.exe and unlockbootloader because USB debugging no longer works so my installs had to be done without running these - does this matter?

Really appreciate all the work folk do and will appreciate if even more if I can get 10.2 to work!

Ta,

Fiona

Are you sure you have the correct google apps zip file :http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

Guest Ngiulett

I believe its in

Settings ---> Storage

I tryed but it seems that app and games that i installed results not installed

If i want install game on sd card can you suggest me how to do correctly?

Guest u8815-15

I tryed but it seems that app and games that i installed results not installed

If i want install game on sd card can you suggest me how to do correctly?

If you have enabled SD as primary then SDCard0 should be your SDCard.

Theres a script on the forum but I'm not sure what it's called. somethinglike links2sd. I think it allows you to install most of the app on the SDCard. Another Modaco user more experienced on this could help.

Edited by u8815-15

Guest u8815-15

Yes, that is the file I've used.

From your previous post. You must officially unlock your bootloader to prevent 3G reboots and other problems. (meaning don't use the g300.exe unlockbootloader method).See my signature on how to do this. And give +1 to George for his effort on the tutorial! This should sort somethings out if you follow the process.

Guest white_rabbbit

Smartphone sometimes turns off when using integrated client SIP VoIP (in "Phone" app). Possible to turn it on after disconnecting and connecting battery only.

Memory - Samsung (SJS00M). Installed cm-10.2-20131207-NIGHTLY-u8815, CWM 6.0.4.4 R7, bootloader unlocked officially. Same problem was on the cm-10.2-20131019-NIGHTLY-u8815 and CWM 6.0.1.9 R4 on this phone.

In other - good. New version works smoother then 20131019 and of course stock.

Sorry for my English.

Edited by white_rabbbit

Guest Johneboy

I'm considering using this ROM on the phone for a family member, but it does need to be fairly robust.

Would people consider the last nightly build for 10.2 to be stable and bug free enough to be used as a daily driver on a phone? Or is it worth waiting for CM11 to be more developed?

This is a EXPERIMENTAL ROM. Don't use it for someone who doesn't understand that.

This has bugs and is still under development.

If you want a stable rom use any stock ICS or the CM 9 ;)

This is a EXPERIMENTAL ROM. Don't use it for someone who doesn't understand that.

This has bugs and is still under development.

If you want a stable rom use any stock ICS or the CM 9 ;)

Or GB - e.g. CM7, superslim, slim, AtomicMod...

Guest hthompson

Trying to follow instructions (http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/) to officially unlock my boatloader to stop reboots, but can't find any UPDATE.APP that will flash successfully on top of this ROM (I have nightly from Dec. 6).  I've tried various clean GB versions, and various so-called Middle versions, without joy -- they all hang part-way through install.

Advice welcome!

Solved this eventually.  I had to follow https://docs.google.com/a/snco.org.uk/document/d/1fHCqgv3Erj-IOAHssv20sxVMaphQJiVr3hebq9oQHNo/edit?pli=1 to enable the downgrade to 952 (no middle package was needed once I followed those IMEI-reset instructions, I was able to install HUAWEI_Ascend_G300_firmware(U8815,Android_4.0,V100R001C00B952,Normal,05011CPT) directly.

Restoring my own IMEI (step 4 of the above linked instructions), so I could use the official unlock code I got from Huawei, was tricky.  What worked eventually was rooting using http://huaweig300.com/how-to-root-the-huawei-g300/check-baseband-root/ , then back to the IMEI instructions.

Edited by hthompson

Anyone else having problems with CM OTA updates? I download the update, run it, but always get a message saying that "signature can't be verified" (or something like that) and the update aborts... after that the ROM still works as before, so no harm done... and no update done as well.

Guest bananas33

Anyone else having problems with CM OTA updates? I download the update, run it, but always get a message saying that "signature can't be verified" (or something like that) and the update aborts... after that the ROM still works as before, so no harm done... and no update done as well.

Did you make the external SD primary?

Guest bananas33

Yes

Then I think you have the problem I had: the updater and recovery both use sdcard0/cmupdater for the new version zip files, but this is the external SD card when the phone is booted and the internal when in CWM. The recovery thus can't find the file to flash and gives you the error you're seeing.

I couldn't find any way to change where the updater saves its downloads so I gave up and reverted to using the internal SD as primary, and all the hassle that entailed. I can update with one click now though, so it was worth the time.

Guest AMFerreira
After about a week and an half using this ROM I can now say that I've already have some problems, some of them very annoying...

1. Phone reboots randomly. Once a day, sometimes once in two days, but it reboots randomly.
2. The most annoying one: sometimes I check my phone to see if I have new notifications or something else and what I see is that the phone have no signal, none, zero. The workaround that I've been using is to reeboot ... when it boots again it is ok. With this problem I don't receive SMS's and calls despite the phone is working ...
3. Sometimes, even having signal, I can't do a call. What happens is that when I tap on a contact to start a call, the on-call screen is shown, but the thing is that nothing happens, the phone don't dials to the contact. A reboot also workarounds this problem.

Anyone having problems like these?

Sorry for my English but I think it's understandable :)

Guest AMFerreira

"3G reboots" due to unofficially unlocked bootloader perhaps?

Hello dalyer, thanks for your tip! How can I check if that is the cause for this problem?

PS: Right now one of the problems that I've mentioned just happened. I sent a message to a contact, I received the notification that it was not possible to send the message. I rebooted it. When it finished booting I started receiving notifications of sms's, missed calls, etc. People trying to contact me when the phone was in this error state. What is more stupid is that the phone have signal and is not freezed when these situations happen. I only know of this because I tried to send an sms and it failed, otherwise I would be unreachable all day.  -_-

_________

EDIT: This is getting worse ... the problem described on the PS above just happend again. Two times in 5 minutes ... I like this ROM but I'll have to change to a stable one. Hope the problems that I mentioned help on the development of the ROM. ;)
Edited by AMFerreira

Hello dalyer, thanks for your tip! How can I check if that is the cause for this problem?

How did you unlock the bootloader?

If you did it the unofficial way using this tutorial then you may be getting "3G reboots":

http://www.modaco.com/topic/357243-explained-like-youre-5-install-custom-roms-from-scratch-install-the-official-ics-update-root-more/

In that case you need to unlock it officially:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/page-17#entry2168479

One way to check is to enable 2G only for a while and see if you get any reboots.

Then reenable 3G and see what happens.

But the 3G reboots on the unofficially unlocked bootloader can be sporadic and random so this is not a failsafe test.

Guest AMFerreira

How did you unlock the bootloader?

If you did it the unofficial way using this tutorial then you may be getting "3G reboots":

http://www.modaco.com/topic/357243-explained-like-youre-5-install-custom-roms-from-scratch-install-the-official-ics-update-root-more/

In that case you need to unlock it officially:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/page-17#entry2168479

One way to check is to enable 2G only for a while and see if you get any reboots.

Then reenable 3G and see what happens.

But the 3G reboots on the unofficially unlocked bootloader can be sporadic and random so this is not a failsafe test.

I'll check this later, thanks a lot.