[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Aware of the OTA issue, for some reason its attempting to install from the wrong SD card.

Edit: okay, so this issue is caused by bad assumptions that both recovery and CM Updater are making, this is such a mess :|

Aware of the OTA issue, for some reason its attempting to install from the wrong SD card.

Edit: okay, so this issue is caused by bad assumptions that both recovery and CM Updater are making, this is such a mess :|

For me that's not a big issue since installing it manually takes just 10 seconds more :)

This is by far the best rom I have in my phone.

Thank you so much Dazzozo. Hoping you can continue to contribute to this community as you are. You are keeping my phone alive :D

Guest Oscar10ag

Then, from what nightly is recommended to update via OTA?

Still I have the first nightly of CM 10.2 because is very fast, but I would like to update because I see that the last nightly weighs more and I guess that it will be better.

Thank you so much.

Edited by Oscar10ag

Guest PTlunaTIC

the performance in games with this last update dropped i dont know if it's only me but when a play temple run2 with the early nightlys it was playable but now with this last update it lags a lot, by the way its's not possibily to have the ics performance in games(really good) in this rom,

i just want to thank every person that woks on this rom for doing such a great job keeping the G300 alive!

Then, from what nightly is recommended to update via OTA?

Still I have the first nightly of CM 10.2 because is very fast, but I would like to update because I see that the last nightly weighs more and I guess that it will be better.

Thank you so much.

None of them will install OTA. You'll have to flash them manually. I could hack recovery to work the way we want it, but that's not a very good long term solution. I'll should probably explain the problem a bit more.

When CMUpdater is ready to flash, it needs to construct a path to the downloaded ROM that will work in recovery in every possible case. Pre-CM10 devices had their internal storage at /emmc and the external storage at /sdcard, with the primary storage being the external storage. We still do this because we love it dearly. People tend to have SD cards bigger than 2gb, but mostly because I wasn't aware it was actually mandatory to change. After CM10, devices have their internal storage at /sdcard, and the external storage at /external_sd, with the primary storage being the internal storage.

The genius here is in both cases the primary storage is at /sdcard, so CMUpdater constructs a path to the ROM using the legacy /sdcard/ location which works on everything, since older recoveries are not aware of the /storage/sdcard# standard and newer recoveries provide links to the new locations, and there's also a guarantee that it's the primary storage... unless you're using a G300. :D

When recovery boots, it makes the assumption that the primary storage is at /storage/sdcard0 (the internal storage, as it should be). For us currently it's actually /storage/sdcard1, the external SD card. Recovery creates a link to /storage/sdcard0 at /sdcard and starts running the install based on the path provided... the file obviously doesn't exist on the internal storage because it wasn't primary in Android, and that's where the error happens.

So now I have to switch the primary and secondary storage on every ROM version since CM10 and push out new builds. Obviously this means that Android is going to ignore any data on the external SD card and create all those lovely directories again on the internal SD card, nightlies will start downloading to the internal card, you get the idea. It would only be really worth having media on the external SD card. I believe it works this way in stock ROMs? The feature that CM9 had (where you could switch the SD cards to your heart's content) is on the CM gerrit right now, it should be merged pretty soon and apparently that shouldn't break OTAs.

You will get the same error upgrading to these builds, but any upgrades after these builds should work fine.

Guest Oscar10ag

None of them will install OTA. You'll have to flash them manually. I could hack recovery to work the way we want it, but that's not a very good long term solution. I'll should probably explain the problem a bit more.

When CMUpdater is ready to flash, it needs to construct a path to the downloaded ROM that will work in recovery in every possible case. Pre-CM10 devices had their internal storage at /emmc and the external storage at /sdcard, with the primary storage being the external storage. We still do this because we love it dearly. People tend to have SD cards bigger than 2gb, but mostly because I wasn't aware it was actually mandatory to change. After CM10, devices have their internal storage at /sdcard, and the external storage at /external_sd, with the primary storage being the internal storage.

The genius here is in both cases the primary storage is at /sdcard, so CMUpdater constructs a path to the ROM using the legacy /sdcard/ location which works on everything, since older recoveries are not aware of the /storage/sdcard# standard and newer recoveries provide links to the new locations, and there's also a guarantee that it's the primary storage... unless you're using a G300. :D

When recovery boots, it makes the assumption that the primary storage is at /storage/sdcard0 (the internal storage, as it should be). For us currently it's actually /storage/sdcard1, the external SD card. Recovery creates a link to /storage/sdcard0 at /sdcard and starts running the install based on the path provided... the file obviously doesn't exist on the internal storage because it wasn't primary in Android, and that's where the error happens.

So now I have to switch the primary and secondary storage on every ROM version since CM10 and push out new builds. Obviously this means that Android is going to ignore any data on the external SD card and create all those lovely directories again on the internal SD card, nightlies will start downloading to the internal card, you get the idea. It would only be really worth having media on the external SD card. I believe it works this way in stock ROMs? The feature that CM9 had (where you could switch the SD cards to your heart's content) is on the CM gerrit right now, it should be merged pretty soon and apparently that shouldn't break OTAs.

You will get the same error upgrading to these builds, but any upgrades after these builds should work fine.

WooW!! First of all, thank you for this great explanation. I do not speak English very well but I understood everything you said.

Really the manually installation is not a problem for me, obviously OTA is more comfortable, but, anyway, I like to be aware in case it causes an error.

As we can not upgrade by OTA, I would like to install CWM 6.0.2.7 because it is touch and, therefore, more comfortable, but, CWM 6.0.2.7 works well with CM 10.2?

On the other hand, Can I continue installing the new nightlies over which I have installed, right? But after, is it necessary to install the google apps again?

It's amazing the work you do, thanks again for all your time. :) :) :) :)

For me that's not a big issue since installing it manually takes just 10 seconds more :)

This is by far the best rom I have in my phone.

Thank you so much Dazzozo. Hoping you can continue to contribute to this community as you are. You are keeping my phone alive :D

It's what I do, too :P

And I totally agree with Owl93! Since I installed it, my phone is faster and useful. Hope you keep doing your good work :D Thanks!

WooW!! First of all, thank you for this great explanation. I do not speak English very well but I understood everything you said.

Really the manually installation is not a problem for me, obviously OTA is more comfortable, but, anyway, I like to be aware in case it causes an error.

As we can not upgrade by OTA, I would like to install CWM 6.0.2.7 because it is touch and, therefore, more comfortable, but, CWM 6.0.2.7 works well with CM 10.2?

On the other hand, Can I continue installing the new nightlies over which I have installed, right? But after, is it necessary to install the google apps again?

It's amazing the work you do, thanks again for all your time. :) :) :) :)

No, older versions of CWM don't handle SELinux.

You don't have to reinstall gapps if you upgrade to a new build.

Okay, the nightly has gone out. As above, the internal SD is now the primary storage instead of the external SD. There might be some stuff that people need to move to the internal SD as a result but it depends on the apps you use. OTA updates will work from this build and beyond (but you will get the error OTA updating to this build). The OTA system will no longer work on older recoveries but this is the lesser of two evils.

Everything has been tested on previous versions of CM and I'll push new builds for those tomorrow.

ok, but is there any way to change default storage in settings? I have a lot of apps moved on sd card

Not yet, that's the change I was talking about on gerrit.

http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/48894/

http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/48390/

So the new nightly rom I install it manually?

You can try to OTA to it but you'll get the same error. Any OTAs after the 20130911 build will work.

Hi, so do we need to do factory reset and wipe data to upgrade to the latest nightly (with switched storages)?

No. You might need to move some data from one SD card to the other though if apps aren't seeing it.

No, older versions of CWM don't handle SELinux.

You don't have to reinstall gapps if you upgrade to a new build.

What's SELinux, or what does it mean in this rom? I installed using 6.0.2.7 since other users were reporting problems using the latest version, and it's working perfectly fine here. In fact, I haven't used CM 10.1 in a long time, but this is by far the best JB rom I've used.

Guest shadygad

i have a problem in voip audio :( was working in 10/9 build and not working in the build released in 11/9 .. AND today too 12/9 ..

also after trying vopi like viber and no sound (hear or recieve) i must restart my phone to can make normal calls and unlock the mic

but in general i like your work .. smooth and fast . great work

Edited by shadygad

Trying to update on dailies I read in CWM recovery that E:signature failed. If I attempt install what is described as an "untrusted zip" the installation aborts? Can anyone help?thanks.

I'm still getting this. Looks like my phone is no longer rooted but when I try to re-root that fails claiming that the device is offline when I connect to my PC. I've requested the bootloader unlock code from Huawei in the hope that this will sort stuff out.

Guest shadygad

I'm still getting this. Looks like my phone is no longer rooted but when I try to re-root that fails claiming that the device is offline when I connect to my PC. I've requested the bootloader unlock code from Huawei in the hope that this will sort stuff out.

It happened to me first time I tried to upgrade, then I played and tried "fix permission" and the setup worked great