[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest predragiPredrag

Hey guys! Thanks for the ROM, works really well for me. The only question that I have is, how can I activate the NFC? Are there any future plans for that? I have the u8815n model and would be cool to try that.

U8815 or any budget Huawei does not have hardware support for NFC.

Guest oldfella

this is the first 4.3 rom with a battery life anything like ICS

only issue is the default to sdcard0 - the internal 2 Gig

had to move files from the sd card because some apps expect them on sdcard0

otherwise seems excellent

Guest george109

I know this may be wrong to ask but if possible please could you try bring this to Y300 Huawei even if a lot of stuff don't work I just wanted to try 4.3

You are asking this in the wrong place really, this forum is for the G300. You would be better off asking here: http://www.modaco.com/forum/736-huawei-ascend-g510-orange-daytona-y300/

It is quite hard to build CM. The Y300 and G300 are completely different - they use a different chipset

BTW (according to GSMArena) the G300 uses the MSM7227A

while the Y300 uses the MSM8225

They're incredibly similar. The Y300 is essentially a dual core G300. The Y300 kernel has been running on the G300 for some time and the project is actually worth continuing now.

That said, right now, I'm not the person to ask. There's the possibility that the stuff used to build both devices could be almost identical, but it's no where near there yet. Maybe in the future.

Guest fussyfella

the u8815n is the G300 with NFC.

interesting "test" on the part of Huawei -- the u8815n is not available in all markets,

and the G600 big sister doesn't have NFC

-- fair enough at the time, since Apple didn't have it many business firms didn't provide the option to use it

but now that Apple has NFC ???? Game changer!!

Guest Tiago Casal Ribeiro

Flashed today's nightly and got stuck at the cyanogenmod boot round logo. Flashed back to yesterday's and applied a backup and all returned to normal.

Guest wbrambley

Flashed today's nightly and got stuck at the cyanogenmod boot round logo. Flashed back to yesterday's and applied a backup and all returned to normal.

I have just had the same thing using cm-10.2-20130920-NIGHTLY-u8815.zip

Fresh wipe/format and same deal. Sorry can't do logcat as i need to boot the phone before i authorize my pc for adb.

me too.. reverted to 20130919 build.. btw, can you hack a call speaker to be a bit louder on gsm calls? in voip (skype) the in-call volume is 2 times louder on max than ordinary calls

also, anyone having a bug in viber with calls? dunno is it because of rom or viber issue

anyway, rom is working great! :)

Thanks for this new ROM, I'm having a huge increase in battery life with the CM10.2.

But I'm havig a problem with the SD card, and I haven't find any solution. My movile (even recovery) now recongnises /storage/sdcard0 as an external sd card, and it saves all media data (like photos) on there, instead of the actual sd card, that now is in /storage/sdcard1. In Settings-->Storage, I have an Internal Storage graph, the external sd card (with the option of deactivating) and then, an Internal Storage but with the option of deleting sd card.

I tried a complete wipe out from CWM, and even reinstalling CWN through adb, but the sdcard0 is still there.

Someone else have this problem?

That's not a bug, it's intentional and mandatory now.

There's a feature waiting to be merged that lets you switch them.

Is any chance to get link to this feature? my daughter would like to play the sims but it need 899mb and now i cannot install this game on sd card. Or which rom to install to have sdcard avalible to apps?

Your rom is really great and thank you so much for this, I just need sdcard for apps, otherwise my daughter will never speak to me again :)

Guest oldfella

I wouldnt use his version because it swaps the storage, which this rom has already done

you could try the normal version from playstore as this might let you choose whether to use internal, 2Gig, or SDcard

Guest joandrade

interesting "test" on the part of Huawei -- the u8815n is not available in all markets,

and the G600 big sister doesn't have NFC

-- fair enough at the time, since Apple didn't have it many business firms didn't provide the option to use it

but now that Apple has NFC ???? Game changer!!

this isn't the place to discuss it, but the 5S doesn't have NFC.

I have a question... Cyda's version of Link2SD will work in this rom? 

Thanks!  :)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but:

Probably not. Cyda's version handles the storages the way pre 4.2 was handled: /emmc was the internal storage, /sdcard the SD card. These mount points have changed and I'm pretty sure I tried it, but didn't work.

However, as the internal storage is the default external storage, you can just use Link2SD normally and move apps to the SD Card (not creating a link), which will actually move them to the 2.1 GB partition.

Guest fussyfella

this isn't the place to discuss it, but the 5S doesn't have NFC.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but:

Probably not. Cyda's version handles the storages the way pre 4.2 was handled: /emmc was the internal storage, /sdcard the SD card. These mount points have changed and I'm pretty sure I tried it, but didn't work.

However, as the internal storage is the default external storage, you can just use Link2SD normally and move apps to the SD Card (not creating a link), which will actually move them to the 2.1 GB partition.

Guest edwardecl

The only problem I'm having with the 19/09/2013 build (first of the CM10.2 I've tried) is google text to speech does not work keeps sayig "Unfortunately, Google-Text-to-speech engine has stopped." when you go into Google maps or the settings in language & input for Text-to-speech output.

Or am I missing something?

Edited by edwardecl

The only problem I'm having with the 19/09/2013 build (first of the CM10.2 I've tried) is google text to speech does not work keeps sayig "Unfortunately, Google-Text-to-speech engine has stopped." when you go into Google maps or the settings in language & input for Text-to-speech output.

Or am I missing something?

Could it have anything to do with the issue below i.e. If you update using the Goo.im gapps might it fix it?

Issues:

• Bluetooth tethering currently doesn't work
  • No overclocking on the 109808 baseband yet
  • Google+ crashes until you update it from the Play Store using Goo.im gapps... O_O