RAM usage on Huawei Y300

Guest newestuser

Guest newestuser

I was wondering, is it normal to have most of the time 40-80 free ram? ive tried to do most what i can to make less ram usage by using as less as possible background programs. So far basicly only google play and whatsapp are using something in the background and giving notifications. My firmware version is B178, according to system update its the latest version.

this device has 512 RAM right?

Guest ZolaIII

Yes bat only 398 Mb are usable! I have around 130~150 - 180 Mb after killing background apps.

The 64 Mb block is reserved for GPU. Where did

the rest go i don't have idea!? I em on B194 & disabled apps that I don't use.

Guest ZolaIII

I disabled most of Google services that I don't use like maps & talk (I used to) & I don't use widgets. I do use costume stuff like Viber, Multi lingo keyboard (only one active keyboard) ViPER4Android...

Guest newestuser

Seing overal the specs of the phone its kinda sad that huawei did not optimise so well. For example alternative is HTC Desire X wich is almost identical in specifications, but runs so much more smoother :)

Guest ZolaIII

O bat my rom is flying! I did adjust some things like cash for two partitions that represent SD cards (to 1024 from 128 KB), changed VM Heap size (48 from 128 MB), set default IO scheduler to Noop from Cfq & adjust the smoothness of essential system processes. I didn't touched the OMM & Cynic killers default values. After I em done with optimizations I will share them ... bat I still have much things to do!

Guest newestuser

It's actually updated firmware for me B178 upgraded to B194 rooted.

But in huawei website latest firwmare is B175. Where do you get higher firmwares? why they arent available for example to me? :)

I tried to check via system update online, but they show my Huawei has latest version.