[ GB ] B895-slim-v7 Multibaseband

Guest Dovahpig

Guest lejkabasz

Wow, I forgot how fast GB can be!

Just have problem with 2gb int storage. TB and RE can't see it but in memory settings it is available.

Any idea?

I'm on 2030 radio + 3 mods ( circle, disable volume keys, disable ip calls ).

Voulume down pressed together with power button use to capture screen shots is that disabled dude to GB baesband? . :blink:

Isn't that an Android 4.x+ feature and not available before that - in particular not available in GB or earlier?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history#Android_4.0.E2.80.934.0.2_Ice_Cream_Sandwich_.28API_level_14.29

• Integrated screenshot capture (accomplished by holding down the Power and Volume-Down buttons)
Edited by dalyer

Guest lejkabasz

No, try it now + "mount emmc". Still nothing.

I guess I need to flash it again?

I usually wipe partition cache, system, data, cust and factory reset.

Is this correct?

Cheers

Guest Dovahpig

No its not. This is correct procedure for downgrade.

1. Download downgrade zip ics to gb

http://www.solidfile...m/d/e208f49ff9/

2. Put it on your sd card and boot to cwm

3. Install downgrade zip and reboot back to cwm

4. -WIPE DATA/ FACTORY RESET

-WIPE CACHE PARTITION

-GO TO ADVANCED AND WIPE DALVIK CACHE

-GO TO MOUNTS AND STORAGE AND FORMAT SYSTEM, DATA, CUST, SD CARD 1 (INTERNAL-EMMC), SD CARD 2(EXTERNAL)

5. NOW YOUR PHONE SHOULD BE COMPLETELY BLANK INCLUDING YOUR SD CARD

6. Download b985 slim rom and then go to mounts and storage and select mount usb option to copy that zip you downloaded to sd.

7. Install zip and reboot. Good luck

I change baseband to 109808 and CWM from latest to 5. Did full wipes and still can't access to internal sd.

Anyone?

By internal sd card I presume you mean the 2GB partition which is unused if you have an external micro sd card installed? Otherwise it's used like a "virtual" micro sd card.

What do you mean you cannot access it? From where?

I installed the ICS to GB downgrade and superslim-v1 this week and in EsFileExplorer can see the internal sd 2GB partition as /HWUserData.

And when I connect the phone to my computer and enable USB file sharing I can see the external sd card and the internal sd 2GB partition appear as drive letters.

I'm not using it for anything right now. If Link2Int works with superslim-v1 (i.e. the kernel has init.d support or this can be added) then I may use it for that eventually.

Edited by dalyer

Guest lejkabasz

Just did it, step by step. Nothig changed. Tb cant see int.   :(

Edit:

I'm gonna set up everything and check 'HWUserData' cuz was looking only for "emmc" or 'sdcard0'.

Edited by lejkabasz

It's mounted as /HWUserData under superslim-v1 and Stock+ anyway so maybe on any stock based GB or ICS ROM?

Maybe it's mounted somewhere else on other ROMS? In particular CM ROMs?

I can see it as /HWUserData in ES File Explorer and in the mount list in a terminal.

Just to clarify I am looking at things here while running the ROM and not in CWM or TWRP or anything like that..

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

Guest lejkabasz

This memory was available at all times, lads. I got used to "sd card0" in RE and preview of this memory in TB when using CM ROMs. Sorry for that and thanks for help. Anyway, big brush and this ROM brought refreshment on my device.

No bugs. I hope finally after 1 year travelling thought Laggy lands I found what I expect from this device.

Tomorrow I'll try link2int, anyone tries?

Have a tasty gingerbread this weekend!

:-)

Glad you got sorted.

I asked earlier if link2int worked with this ROM/kernel but I'm still not sure. I think the key issue is init.d support in the kernel. I think it's there but haven't tried as I still have plenty of internal storage space.

I'm very happy with superslim-v1 (like this but with some additional tweaks and stuff removed). It lagged a little bit today but probably something that I installed. And I'm still trying to gauge and optimize battery usage. Unfortunately so far it seems a bit less than with Stock+ but then I'm probably using the phone more while I still tweak/mess with it! :D

Guest lejkabasz

I delete unused system apps, control autorun in Autostarts and turned off unnecessary process in Disable Service. Gently OC and works very well so far.

Miss a bit JB futures but battery life and ease of use in multi-tasking makes me very happy so far.

I'll have some bike and hike tomorrow so GPS will be tested.

Only sliding to unlock device make me nut. I delete "potter unlock" but still I need to palpate the screen. Power button is gd enough as a lock imo. Is there any solution to get rid of it completely?

Only sliding to unlock device make me nut. I delete "potter unlock" but still I need to palpate the screen. Power button is gd enough as a lock imo. Is there any solution to get rid of it completely?

According to this if you freeze/remove potter then you get the default GB lock screen?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/353627-changing-lock-screen/#entry1941037

http://www.modaco.com/topic/353860-help-im-new-and-i-cant-do/page-11#entry1985673

But if you freeze/remove it and get back to the stock lock screen then you might be able to use an app to disable that? e.g. (there are others)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jraf.android.nolock

Hope this helps.

Edit: yeah - the above worked for me on superslim-v1. But with no lock screen you might also want to disable the volume key screen activation by flashing the mod in the first post of this thread? It's funny - the lock screen is just one of those things that I never thought about (http://pocketnow.com/2013/02/12/no-more-lock-screens) and just took for granted but as you say there might be situations in which it's not really needed. I think I'll stick without it for now too... :)

Edited by dalyer

Cool, works! Thx

I enabled init.d thought Pimp my ROM and install Cydas mod and link2int works as well, so multicool!

Great. Does anybody know if init.d is already included in the ROM/kernel?

I may look at that if/when I ever put a dent in the default internal storage for apps.

I also went with no lock screen (removed Holo Locker, disabled default locker with No Lock) and it works well for me too. Power button screen of/on is fine for me. Might not suit everybody.

I may be wrong but it seems snappier without Holo Locker.

I also think that some of my battery drain was down to having My Location > Use wireless network enabled so I've disabled it.

I'm watching things with CPU Spy Plus and Better Battery Stats to check for things that are draining the battery and using wakelocks.

Guest DarioGTI

Today I had two situations/problems - I couldn't call anyone, and nobody couldn't call me, also no SMS messaging, I try to send, but when the message "gets out", a fail message appers. When I try to call, the regular screen appers, but there is no dialing tone. After rebooting the phone, everything is OK, calls and SMS sending/receiving are OK.

Does anybody had this problem?

Guest lejkabasz

I enabled init.d thought Pimp my ROM and install Cydas mod and link2int works as well, so multicool!

Sorry, after reboot the apps who was moved to int are shown as a uninstalled.

Guest lejkabasz

Pimp my ROM showed no init.d so I used PMR to enabled. After installation link2int apps was moving properly, all went grand.

After reboot when I tried run moved app I got info that app isn't installed. The moved content of app was still in int sd and link2int works properly as well, meaning I still could move new apps. So don't have a clue what's the story.

Anyway, I stopped using this mod cuz internal sd is seen, RE for example and I can move anything manually.

No bugs, no laggs.

Perfect calls, Jsevi is the Boss!

Yo

Yeah - I'm using superslim-v1 which is like this but with some additional tweaks and removals and it's nice at last to have something with little or no lag running on the G300.

Guest lejkabasz

I disabled volume keys as a screen unlocker in Recovery but..i still can wake it when No Lock work in "Locking disabled" mode. If I change to "Locking enabled" then volume keys don't activate the screen.

Is there a chance that this be reconciled? That is, the keys do not work with the active No Lock?

Thanks for any help.

Guest dalyer

I disabled volume keys as a screen unlocker in Recovery but..i still can wake it when No Lock work in "Locking disabled" mode. If I change to "Locking enabled" then volume keys don't activate the screen.

Is there a chance that this be reconciled? That is, the keys do not work with the active No Lock?

Thanks for any help.

See the No Lock app's help screen. It says that volume keys cannot be disabled. Tap on the No Lock icon in the app drawer, tap the menu key and choose Help. I only noticed that now when I had the same "problem" as you! :o

Edited by dalyer

Guest lejkabasz

I also found a bug with this app when screen is in subzero mode ( Lux Autobrightnes ). Every 20-25 seconds it splash stock lock screen for a while and gone. I get through it a tic tic...