[GB] B895-SuperSlim-V1

Guest Dovahpig

Guest dalyer

You need to figure out what's causing the battery drain. 

I find the likes of CPU Spy, Better Battery Stats (XDA free version), Wake Lock Detector etc. useful for pinpointing apps that are draining the battery - especially due to wake locks and alarms/wakeups.

If these tools or terms are not familiar to you then Google them as there are useful tutorials on this sort of diagnosis out there already.

Hope this helps.

I get 2 days out of this ROM. About the same as I was getting on Stock+ ICS. I expected/hoped for much better battery life on GB but haven't managed to get it.

I'm on 2G most of the time as 3G is a real battery killer in my experience.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

I've been running this ROM for a couple of weeks now and it's great. Nice and smooth and stable. As mentioned above I get about 2 days battery (on 2G, wifi on/off during sleep, light enough calls/texts/browsing/other apps) - I was hoping for better but maybe that's all my phone is capable of as it was the same on other ROMs. Having tuned a few things and ditched a few settings/apps that were draining the battery I can't see any other obvious optimization that I can do. But the main thing is that the ROM is very stable, smooth and responsive. And going back to GB wasn't as traumatic as I had expected. :D Thanks a lot jsevi83 and dovahpig for this ROM. :)

Guest mikemarques

I've installed this ROM on my huawei and it works really great!

I would like to know if it is possible to change the menu type... insted of going down is it possible to go like the homescreen? To the left and to the right? Is there any way to change this config? I've searched all over the phone and i cant manage to do so.

Thank you.

I've installed this ROM on my huawei and it works really great!

I would like to know if it is possible to change the menu type... insted of going down is it possible to go like the homescreen? To the left and to the right? Is there any way to change this config? I've searched all over the phone and i cant manage to do so.

Thank you.

I don't really understand what you want. Maybe you can explain it more clearly?

Guest hippy dave

I think he means the app drawer - in Launcher Pro the drawer scrolls vertically, but he wants it to change pages horizontally like the home screen. I guess ADW Launcher would be a good bet?

Ah - OK. I use Holo Launcher (as suggested by somebody else on this or the GB slim thread) and it allows for both:

Menu key > Launcher settings > Drawer settings > Drawer style = Horizontal paginated or Vertical continuous

Speaking of which - since I use Holo Launcher can I use something like RootAppDelete to delete Launcher Pro or do I still need to retain the "default" launcher that comes with this ROM just in case? And if so what might that case be? :) E.g. would it revert back to the default launcher when Launcher Pro is updated from Play Store and if it's not there there might be a problem? I currently have Launcher Pro disabled/frozen with no ill effects so far...

Thanks.

Edited by dalyer

With this ROM when my battery gets to about 20% any screen on time rapidly drops it down to single digit percentages. I did not have this with Stock+. With most ROMs the battery seems to drop from 100% to c. 80% rapidly as well but I think that others have reported this?

Anybody else notice the rapid c. 20% downward drop with GB slim/superslim (or is it more dependent on the underlying kernel rather than the ROM per se?)?

There are no guarantees when it comes to overclocking.

Some SoCs/chips may not work with any overclocking.

If yours restarts on 1.19GHz then it may simply not be able to oc at all.

If you do manage to oc then StabilityTester is a useful tool for checking stability.

Guest Gabriel94

Could you please add this to the ROM?

SC20130712_105404.png

I need to turn the proximity sensor off during calls because the screen will always stay off when someone calls me.

Oh and btw can someone give me a link for a good Kernel so i can OC. Thanks :)

Edited by Gabriel94

Could you please add this to the ROM?

SC20130712_105404.png

I need to turn the proximity sensor off during calls because the screen will always stay off when someone calls me.

Oh and btw can someone give me a link for a good Kernel so i can OC. Thanks :)

Whatever about somebody creating a flashable mod that does that (assuming one does not already exist?) I'm not sure that it makes sense to add it to a "slim" ROM such as this whose key purpose is to be, er, slim... :)

Edit: is this of any use by any chance? 

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362952-icsb960-%CF%9Ftesla-rom-for-the-huawei-ascend-g300%CF%9F-%E2%9C%B031052013%E2%9C%B0/#entry2129652

You can overclock this ROM on the GB baseband.

Edit 2: have you tried the usual tips for gentle vacuuming of dust to see if that helps with the proximity sensor issue?

Edit 3!: Any use: http://www.modaco.com/topic/356536-proximity-sensor-help/

Edited by dalyer

Guest lexim79

Hi.

From now on I am using this ROM. It is stable and fast.
I have one question?
I set screen blanking after 1 minute and still turns off after 15 seconds.
Can it be changed?

I can't imagine that it matters but I am using Holo Launcher and No Lock to get rid of the lock screen.

Edit: are you running any power saving app such as Juice Defender, Screebl or the like? 

Edited by dalyer

Guest lexim79
There is no power saving app. But I have no problem with that.
I can not change it but I still have this ROM.
Although several programs: Facebook, Waze GPS and other
ROM is stable and fast.
Well done.
Thank you.
Edited by lexim79

Almost certainly not specific to this ROM but I found that with auto brightness enabled I was getting about 2 days battery life but with it off and brightness fixed at 11% (if absolutely necessary I toggle to higher brightness and back using Power Toggles) I am getting closer to 3 days. (As ever the usual caveats about my own specific use patterns apply - and your own mileage may vary... :)). No surprise that there would be a difference here but I'm surprised  that it's so significant...

No matter what ROM I have run I have always found the G300 auto brightness to be odd - it often seems to spontaneously go brighter or darker for no obvious reason. Particularly under fluorescent lights - but maybe that's a known issue with the G300's sensor or ambient light sensors in general?

Edited by dalyer

I normally stick on 2G as 3G kills my battery but I use Power Toggles to toggle to 3G when needed and I just tried it there and it works fine for me.

I get HSDPA in Settings > About phone > Status and can browse etc. I'm on the 109808 baseband in case that matters (maybe not?). 

My IMEI SV is 93 which may should indicate the last official update.app applied and maybe the RIL that is installed.

What problems do you get? Just doesn't work or something more subtle...?