Phone screen remains sensitive when phone is in call and in proximity to face.

Guest seanspotatobusiness

My old phone (Huawei Ascene G300) would turn the screen off when the phone was moved in proximity to the face during a call. This prevented unwanted input (e.g. triggering call disconnect) by touching the phone against the skin of an ear or cheek. This phone does not appear to have this function (at all/activated). If the function exists, can someone explain how to activate it?

Edit: I have been unable to replicate this problem so it must have been either a fluke or something else entirely (I couldn't see whether the screen stayed on at the time because it was against my face!)

Edited by seanspotatobusiness

Guest chevychase

Hi first you need to check if the sensor is working dial *#26***# and the proximity sensor values will be visible. Cover the area to the left of the ear piece with your had and the value should change far / near. Press the change button and the light sensor is able to be tested for varying function. If these are. Non functional you can try and download a proximity sensor calibration app from play. If that won't work its a return to virgin.

Guest targetbsp

I presume yours works then? That's re-assuring. I was worrying its a rom bug as ZTE are not the best at rom updates I seem to recall from my time with the Blade 1!

I appreciate it's not as handy for Sean if his has a fault. Sorry! :(

Not sure what the change button is supposed to be doing but anyway the proximity sensor seems to be working fine. I'll have to try a few test calls to see whether the problem is repeatable. Thanks a lot for your help.

I have been unable to replicate this problem so it must have been either a fluke or something else entirely (I couldn't see whether the screen stayed on at the time because it was against my face!). Sorry for the false alarm, guys.

(included in edit of first post)