[Recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.3.6 for ZTE Blade V

Guest KonstaT

Could you put it in s zip so I can flash through cwm as. I AM LAZY.

Also easier for me cheers J.

Would it be easier if I came to your house and tested it myself? :P

All I am getting is installation aborted (bad zip) don't know if it has anything to do with me running targetsp external to internal zip but tried 3 times and always the same answer. Sorry J.

That makes no sense what so ever. It's not a zip, follow instructions in the first post.

Here's a CWM image that should have support for both internal and external sdcards. Could someone test and report back? Does USB mass storage work on both/either sdcards?

recovery-cwm6036-8225-v2.img
md5:cd0a200baf4fe24e57805ee576e6ad4a

Hey, KonstaT. I signed up just to thank you for your incredible work on this!

I've tested v2 on my Blade V - It works like a charm for internal SD, both for installation from zip and for USB mass storage. Unfortunately I haven't yet had a chance to check that external SDs work in this version as I currently don't have a microSD card lying spare. I'll update you if I get the chance before someone else does.

Thanks once again, you rock.

Guest KonstaT

I've tested v2 on my Blade V - It works like a charm for internal SD, both for installation from zip and for USB mass storage. Unfortunately I haven't yet had a chance to check that external SDs work in this version as I currently don't have a microSD card lying spare. I'll update you if I get the chance before someone else does.

Great, I'd still need someone to verify that external sdcard is working and USB mass storage is working on both sdcards.

Guest KonstaT

Right. Can install from ZIP from both internal and external cards. However, only the internal seems to mount as a USB drive.

Thanks, I guess it's also safe to assume that backing up/restoring works from the external sdcard. I'm not sure if you even should be able to mount the secondary sdcard as mass storage, so I guess that was expected. At least you can mount some storage to push files which can be useful in case of a soft brick (and you should be still able to adb push to external sdcard anyway). Both version are now linked in the OP.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AloneInTheDark19

KonstanT, you definitely rock man^^ this cwm recovery successfully work on my Blade III Pro even and Mount USB Storage works fine :) only problem is Volume Up don't works but that isn't so important, so i try stock recovery from Blade V and that was working fine :) that's why i was searching for boot.img from Blade V, to try to boot on my phone and yap boot was successfully but only power button works,touch screen and others keys dont works.Thank you bro, god bless you!

Edited by AloneInTheDark19

Guest KonstaT

KonstanT, you definitely rock man^^ this cwm recovery successfully work on my Blade III Pro even and Mount USB Storage works fine :) only problem is Volume Up don't works but that isn't so important, so i try stock recovery from Blade V and that was working fine :) that's why i was searching for boot.img from Blade V, to try to boot on my phone and yap boot was successfully but only power button works,touch screen and others keys dont works.Thank you bro, god bless you!

Wait, what? You are using this recovery image unmodified on a Blade III Pro? Blade III Pro and Blade V don't even have the same chipset (msm8225 vs. msm8225q) so it's a small miracle this would work in any way. :o I'd strongly advise against using this on any other device. At least don't wonder why if you device crashes/burns/explodes.

Guest AloneInTheDark19

Yes, cwm works like a charm! I don't know how it happen bro, ofc im not gonna use it, i was only booting,by the way you can get lun file location from Blade V its the same as Blade III Pro or you can try to build totally new cwm recovery for Blade III Pro, i'm gonna be main tester :).Let's start from the beginning.Let just work together.I can give you graphics.c file that i used to make it with online cwm builder? ofc if you need it :D

Edited by AloneInTheDark19

Guest ChewyAC

Hi there, so like many people I recently got the Blade V but I'm having a problem with step 6 so I change directory into the directory I created using CMD I put in "adb reboot bootloader" and enter it, it then tells me daemon etc and my phone boots into recovery mode. It looks like the android guy just standing there, right? Then a sound that's similar to the connection of a usb is sounded except it plays twice and is so cheerful sounds more like a error of some sorts. I've installed the USB drivers from the link on this webpage and from the link to the android tools. I feel I'm doing something wrong, I just want to root it so I can get rid of the crap that the phone came with it's taken to much space up on the internal drive or maybe there's an alternative I should do instead of this one? 

Most appreciate the help!

Guest targetbsp

Removing the built in stuff won't massively help you as its occupying system, not data partition.  You can just uninstall any updates to them and then go to  settings -> apps -> manage apps.  Swipe along to the far right, click the apps you don't want and disable them

If you do still want root though, I wrote a more detailed set of instructions here that may help? http://forums.thedigitalfix.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9908955&postcount=91

Guest ChewyAC

Thanks! I'm aware of the important apps, it's just apps like Amazons Kindle and Kingsoft office that are few annoying apps plus they're big in size. I'll check it tomorrow as it's late and I will reply if I was successful or not. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest jlakshmi

Is there any CM ROM available for blade V.  I want to root my blade v it frequently resets as full memory is occupied by the junk provided by ZTE.
Is there any CyanogenMod version available for blade V.

Thanks in advance Experts :)

Edited by jlakshmi

Guest targetbsp

No there isn't. But you won't need it to solve your problem.  It just depends what your problem is exactly.  So the first question is: are you have trouble with memory as in RAM or storage?  Phones use the term memory for both inconveniently.

As the phone has 1GB of ram I presume you are mostly concerned with storage.  ZTE's pre-installed stuff won't affect that much as their apps are in the system partition and your apps are in data.  The main problem on that front will be updates from the play store for system apps you are not using.  The easiest solution to that is to uninstall the updates from the play store then go to settings -> apps -> manage apps.  Scroll along to the all tab, click the app you don't want and hit disable.

If you want a more permanent solution to removing the apps, then root the phone (which is covered in post one of this thread), install titanium or similar and consult this list for apps you can delete: http://www.modaco.com/topic/367854-app-list-blade-v/

If you still don't have enough data space then it's your user apps that are giving you trouble so consult this post: http://www.modaco.com/topic/367782-help-blade-v-memory/

If you need more sd card space then consult this post: http://www.modaco.com/topic/365360-how-to-swapping-the-internal-and-external-sd-cards/

If you need further help or were talking about RAM then let us know :)

Guest jlakshmi

Thanks for the detailed answer,

I am using the clean master app and it frequently pops a message saying memory full and some times the phone restarts.

I believe if I remove the unncessary apps as mentioned in the links, may solve the problem.

I kind of feel that by buying this phone I am stuck with 4.1 version of android.

Thanks Targetbsp :)

Regards

Lakshmi

Guest targetbsp

There's no real difference between 4.1 through 4.3 (I've used all three on another phone) so its no big deal being stuck on 4.1.

I've yet to try 4.4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest youtubismify

I don't think anyone has confirmed this categorically yet so I can confirm that both internal and external SD are mounting correctly as mass storage using the CWM v2 file.

Guest shiftyc

If you're referring to "mount USB storage", then v2 on mine just mounts internal.

However, I can backup, restore or install zips from internal or external.

Guest youtubismify

I am able to mount both the 'internal sd card' (1.5gb) and external card (16gb) on xp / osx / linux as external mass storage via a usb cable.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I had already applied the sd card swap zip file from this post before I tried mounting via usb.