Current Y300 ROMS

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

I'm getting quite a few DMs about which ROM I recommend - probably because I try them all and try to give a genuine honest opinion of each. So here's my take on the situation.

With every ROM, I always root if needed, and apply the same set of apps. I always remove the default launcher, whatever it is, and install Nova. I always remove all Google apps except Play. I always install Swype keyboard and remove all others. I always use ROM Toolbox to remove any system apps I don;t want, like Movie Maker, Weather, default Music player, live wallpapers and so on. So my tests and views are based on a standard build on whichever rom.

At the moment, all Stock 196 based roms are fast and smooth. The ones on HTCmania are very good. Personally, I don;t like Xposed framework - it stops one of my apps that I use, ShareKM, from working at all, and if you look at the FusionX thread, there seem to be a lot of issues - this might be because it's the most popular ROM, but for me the additional tweaks add little benefit and cause more complications.

CM based roms are experimental - they have bugs. If you can't live with them, don't bother flashing! If you can live with them, then the ROMS are nce and clean, but even so, performance is not as good, in my opinion, as a stripped down 196-based ROM, and neither is battery life. Then there are a couple of others. Lewa is good, but not as fast as stock and needs a lot of tweaking. Likewise MIUI is not really a finished article yet. Of the roms currently available, Slim V1 is very good out of the box, and if you use it as a base and strip it down, it's even better.

This of course is all just opinion. A lot depends on your own skillset and how much you want to tweak. The only way to learn is to try, and don't just go by other people's opinions.

Edited by TangerineTractor

you do know that it is not actually required to "install" the xposed framework in FusionX, by default its not installed,

and everything works like stock (CM toggles, extended power menu, system tweaks, etc) the only things that wont work is statusbar settings and themes.

so, if it causes problems for people, and all the AOKP and CM features it offers are not of any benefit, just don't install the framework.

What would be the point in not installing Fusion X modules, you may has well flash a lighter stock like MeijaJB?

because everything included in FusionX is not a module, for example:

extended power menu (reboot & recovery) CyanogemMod power widgets, system tweaks, 

and the fact that it is mostly AOSP, (real stock android) has EmotionUI completely removed, full HWA, and at 154mb,

its actually much lighter than any other stock based rom on here. so without xposed there are still benefits and things people prefer over EMUI   ;)

but for people who actually like EmotionUI, i agree, you may as well use a different rom.

Guest TangerineTractor

Tillaz, you don't have to defend your rom mate. It is a fine piece of work. I do stand by my opinion that your enhancements, for some people, cause more issues that outweigh the benefits. For example, if I select the option to completely remove the xposed framework, then every time I uninstall an app I get a toast saying the xposed white list cannot be found - so there is something still running related to the framework, and it's affecting my device. Like I said initially, it's all about opinions. Fusion x is an immensely popular rom... it's probably the best all round rom out there as balance of features, frills and performance for most people.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Tillaz, you don't have to defend your rom mate. It is a fine piece of work. I do stand by my opinion that your enhancements, for some people, cause more issues that outweigh the benefits. For example, if I select the option to completely remove the xposed framework, then every time I uninstall an app I get a toast saying the xposed white list cannot be found - so there is something still running related to the framework, and it's affecting my device. Like I said initially, it's all about opinions. Fusion x is an immensely popular rom... it's probably the best all round rom out there as balance of features, frills and performance for most people.

not exactly sure how i am defending anything...

i'm merely explaining that it does not need to be installed and what you will and wont loose for people having problems, and how to avoid them.

and answering a question what the point in not installing the the xposed framework in fusionX actually is... over just flashing a different stock based rom.

after all this thread is supposed to be to help people with "currant roms" so just making sure people who read it properly understand the things mentioned. 

@tillaz I have to admit I like fusionX a hell of a lot but some reason how do I get AM/PM to show near clock on statusbar is this possible ?

you cant on AOSP for some reason, the best you can do is turn on 24 hour clock from date and time settings.