All custom roms for Huawei Ascend Y300/G510

Guest Ducsidu

Guest H3ROS

That's kind of just the way it is. You've got 512 MB of RAM, but the GPU takes a large chunk of it which leaves less than 350 MB free. If you then install apps that run in the background e.g. Facebook, Viber, Skype etc. then you'll have very little memory free and the phone will run slower because it's constantly needing to close apps and free up memory for new stuff. I got tired of it so bought a new phone with 2 GB of RAM, problem solved.

The only way your Y300 or G510 will run smooth is if you don't install GAPPS. Things like Google Play Services take up too much RAM on these phones.

Guest shayan4shayan

That's kind of just the way it is. You've got 512 MB of RAM, but the GPU takes a large chunk of it which leaves less than 350 MB free. If you then install apps that run in the background e.g. Facebook, Viber, Skype etc. then you'll have very little memory free and the phone will run slower because it's constantly needing to close apps and free up memory for new stuff. I got tired of it so bought a new phone with 2 GB of RAM, problem solved.

The only way your Y300 or G510 will run smooth is if you don't install GAPPS. Things like Google Play Services take up too much RAM on these phones.

I planned to buy z3c or m4 aqua but for 3 month later 

thanks a lot

Guest Ducsidu

I have an Elephone G2, which has the same SoC (well, the "M" version which is a bit underclocked) with the same amount of RAM, and it's pretty fast, had no performance issues so far. The only problem is that the E4g is running 4.4, which doesn't support 64 bit AFAIK, so it might be a bit slower.

Edited by Ducsidu

Guest krux3r

I have an Elephone G2, which has the same SoC (well, the "M" version which is a bit underclocked) with the same amount of RAM, and it's pretty fast, had no performance issues so far. The only problem is that the E4g is running 4.4, which doesn't support 64 bit AFAIK, so it might be a bit slower.

Hmm, this E4G is not out for sale yet in my country, but what about E4?

Guest Ducsidu

The regular E4 has an MTK 6582, right? That is an upgrade from the Y300 for sure, but it's still pretty weak, I would not recommend it. The 4 Cortex-A7 cores aren't that bad, it'S enough for most tasks, but the Mali 400 MP2 is really old and weak. If you don't play on the phone I think it would be fine, but this SoC is so old I wouldn't buy any phone with it

Guest krux3r

The regular E4 has an MTK 6582, right? That is an upgrade from the Y300 for sure, but it's still pretty weak, I would not recommend it. The 4 Cortex-A7 cores aren't that bad, it'S enough for most tasks, but the Mali 400 MP2 is really old and weak. If you don't play on the phone I think it would be fine, but this SoC is so old I wouldn't buy any phone with it

Oh, thx for pointing that out.

I want a phone, where I can, chat on messenger or whatsapp with music playing in background, but that everything works smooth in the meantime.

Could you suggest some phone for that, Sony, Huawei, Lg or something.

Guest Ducsidu

Oh, thx for pointing that out.

I want a phone, where I can, chat on messenger or whatsapp with music playing in background, but that everything works smooth in the meantime.

Could you suggest some phone for that, Sony, Huawei, Lg or something.

Well, for that kind of use the E4 would be enough.

I would also need a max. price to be able to recommend.

And we should probably continue this in PMs because it's really off-topic

Guest shayan4shayan

Guys, I am maybe buying this phone: http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_e4g-7059.php

What do you say about it?

Is it good for about 120€ more or less?

if you want to flash custom roms and other thing like this buy this phone(FXP will support all sony phones) but if you want to have a fast device but windows phone devices because  they are fast and they give update all time.

Guest Sakuraji917

It has been the first ROM I've tried. it is smooth but games like Asphalt 8 do not rotate . I am disappointed if this is considered the best . but changing kernel you can do something ? this ROM I noticed that you do not leave much free RAM might be ?

Guest krux3r

And the kernel ? The driver, mod, gapps a

Nd tweak ?

You cant expect to run those high end games on this phone expecting them to run flawlessly, this phone isnt that good.

About the kernel, it can improve some things but the stock kernel does its job best I suppose.

Guest krux3r

therefore you advice you to install only the rom ?

As @killadroid says, some tweaks just make the system run worse.

In Aosp Mod you have all needed tweaks that actually work, nothing more to do. Just install the rom and there you go, enjoy the maximum smoothness on this phone.

Guest Sakuraji917

I'm not an expert.

the maximum to do to get the most out of this device.

what rom that you have ?

because for those who do not understand how I tweak some kernel mod rom recovery there is what can make the most of the phone? I ask you that you will definitely tried everything

this procedure in this video to get more RAM and to run games that require more ram on this phone is not good ?

Guest krux3r

I'm not an expert.

the maximum to do to get the most out of this device.

what rom that you have ?

because for those who do not understand how I tweak some kernel mod rom recovery there is what can make the most of the phone? I ask you that you will definitely tried everything

this procedure in this video to get more RAM and to run games that require more ram on this phone is not good ?

I am using Aosp Mod atm, using it for solid 6 7 months now. I will transfer to Lollipop when it becomes more stable.

About that video, try it, it is up to you.

Guest Sakuraji917

I do not understand the procedure is not good and is not useful for everyone to have more RAM for your device ?