[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

Guest KonstaT

Guest sidbali

Voice Search doesn't seem to be working. Get error message stating that Google Search has stopped working whenever the MIC button is clicked on Google Now (Long Press Menu), Google Search Bar (Home-screen) & Google Search (App Drawer). Voice Search app icon not showing up in the app drawer as well.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?? Any workarounds??

Cheers.

Edited by sidbali

Guest sidbali

afaik voice search won't work on ARMv6

Well thats strange cause I was using it on CM-10.1-KonstaKANG-blade(JB-4.2.2).....which was Konsta's last project..... :wacko:

If anyone wants to know, if you remove Apollo, CM File manager and Email from the ROM and trim the LatinIME to just the english dictionary, the ROM fits on a 160 MB system partition.

Come on guys. Who can give me a hint please. I am coming straight from Sir Paul's r12 Modaco Froyo and did not follow the massive change of the world order that was happening meanwhile. I did search for update and build though in a number of topics. But I did not come across a definite answer. So again please: Can I simply update the build 4.3.1 over 4.3? Or do I have to wipe? Thank you.
You may be able to install over a recent build that is Android 4.2 or 4.3, but I think you need a complete format and start from fresh if upgrading from Froyo. Edited by Stu C

Guest Moldova

What applications (not useful) can be deleted without affecting stable work ?

Bluetooth.apk delete BluetoothExt.apk delete Email.apk delete VoiceDialer.apk delete VoicePlus.apk delete Apollo.apk   ApplicationsProvider.apk   BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk   BasicDreams.apk   BladeParts.apk   Browser.apk   Calculator.apk   Calendar.apk   CalendarProvider.apk   CellBroadcastReceiver.apk   CertInstaller.apk   CMAccount.apk   CMFileManager.apk   Contacts.apk   ContactsProvider.apk   DefaultContainerService.apk   DeskClock.apk   Development.apk   Dialer.apk   DownloadProvider.apk   DownloadProviderUi.apk   DrmProvider.apk   DSPManager.apk   Effem.apk   Exchange2.apk   FusedLocation.apk   Gallery2.apk   HTMLViewer.apk   InputDevices.apk   KeyChain.apk   LatinIME.apk   LiveWallpapersPicker.apk   LockClock.apk   MediaProvider.apk   Mms.apk   OneTimeInitializer.apk   PackageInstaller.apk   Phone.apk   PicoTts.apk   Provision.apk   QuickSearchBox.apk   Settings.apk   SettingsProvider.apk   SharedStorageBackup.apk   Shell.apk   SoundRecorder.apk   Stk.apk   SystemUI.apk   TelephonyProvider.apk   Term.apk   ThemeChooser.apk   ThemeManager.apk   Trebuchet.apk   UserDictionaryProvider.apk   VpnDialogs.apk   WAPPushManager.apk   webaudiores.apk  

Had to wipe everything. It becomes unresponsive. Every reboot takes longer- starting apps- cm logo.... statring apps- cm logo, few times.... Couldn't start some apps tried to reinstall them and system said no space , even I had plenty. Was using Mounts2sd now installed simple2ext flashable zip from this forum which I was using before on cm9 cm10 and 10.1 without a problem. Will see.

I am no developer so... Testing and testing ..... and testing- this all I can do for this ROM.

Is S2E working? I'm running 4.2 happily with S2E, and would like to update without having to do a full wipe.

Does anyone else have problems with TTS (text to speech)? Pico TTS force closes for me, and also SVOX when I installed it.

edit: eSpeak TTS also force closes.

Edited by sharix

You may be able to install over a recent build that is Android 4.2 or 4.3, but I think you need a complete format and start from fresh if upgrading from Froyo.

Thanks Stu C!

I wouldn't dare flashing over Froyo. I was already happily running 4.3. Now I didn't take any risks and made a full wipe before moving to 4.3.1 (I did wipe and I did whine cause I don't trust TB).

Though I did ask this particular question because I wanted to learn what the common practice is when making "small" updates as when flashing new builds.

For small updates:

Wipe cache

Wipe dalvik cache

Format /system

You don't need to do any of the above.

tried to update. first reboot ok but on the second the zte didnt pass the spining logo... im back on 4.3

after install rom and google apps i can't find google play and i can't make link from my phone with my google account

& what about the cyanogenmod acc. ?

any help

Guest Fizziebaunz

after install rom and google apps i can't find google play and i can't make link from my phone with my google account

any help

Check your system partition size..... making a clean install.... wipe everything..... no wipe..... no need to whine.

Easy..... no wipe, no whine......

Fizzibaunz, I appreciate your comments, particularly since you were the first to respond to my initial question. Thank you!

But honestly I'm not entirely certain what you mean by "no wipe, no whine". Do you mean like "no woman, no cry "? If I don't wipe I don't whine? Makes no sense to me. I'd rather say: "Wipe, or whine! ".

Anyway, I suppose what KonstaT meant to say is simply that wiping should always be done prior to any flashing. Probably because it's still actually a complete system install, even for a minor build update. Otherwise it would be possible to provide incremental updates like the <10MB Nexus OTA updates. But I'm just wildly guessing here.

Guest Fizziebaunz

Fizzibaunz, I appreciate your comments, particularly since you were the first to respond to my initial question. Thank you!

But honestly I'm not entirely certain what you mean by "no wipe, no whine". Do you mean like "no woman, no cry "? If I don't wipe I don't whine? Makes no sense to me. I'd rather say: "Wipe, or whine! ".

Anyway, I suppose what KonstaT meant to say is simply that wiping should always be done prior to any flashing. Probably because it's still actually a complete system install, even for a minor build update. Otherwise it would be possible to provide incremental updates like the <10MB Nexus OTA updates. But I'm just wildly guessing here.

Guest keyboardshortcut

any help

Sign in to your account: gmail account... after successful sign in, usually google play will eventually appear...

Can be found in Settings => accounts => Add Account choose Google

I tried many roms and some of them wanted to have a sign in first so that google play will appear. ^_^

Edited by keyboardshortcut

Check your system partition size..... making a clean install.... wipe everything..... no wipe..... no need to whine.

same problem after wipe :(

Sign in to your account: gmail account... after successful sign in, usually google play will eventually appear...

Can be found in Settings => accounts => Add Account choose Google

I tried many roms and some of them wanted to have a sign in first so that google play will appear. ^_^

i can't found Google account in accounts ??

i just found cyanogenmod acc. :wacko:

i think i'll destroy my mobile ;)

Easy..... no wipe, no whine......

I know. just to answer to the "no wipe needed" statement. i

n my case i think its the l2sd that is creating the problem...

Edited by chorao

Guest Fizziebaunz

same problem after wipe :(

i can't found Google account in accounts ??

i just found cyanogenmod acc. :wacko:

i think i'll destroy my mobile ;)

what's your partition size..... and do you have the latest cmw...