[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Roeloff

Edit: The October build didn't had any problems either.

Is there still a link for that build? I don't fancy messing with the zip to delete apps.

Thanks dreis911 for that inof. About the installation of the ROM, did I guessed right about CWM?

@KonstaT: It would be awesome if you port the 4.4.2 to the blade. I know it must be alot of work and I understand if you don´t do it for such an old phone. I am just a user and I am not into that android programming/porting stuff. Just an hint for you, that some people may happy about that =) I think KitKat should run more smooth, coz it is programmed for devices with 512MB of RAM.

Guest dreis911

Is there still a link for that build? I don't fancy messing with the zip to delete apps.

Why not? For me, the fun in all this is: what can I do to improve my Blade? Even if we're talking about just 1 bit...

You can trim the ROM and still have everything the ROM has!

There are lots of Apps inside the ROM that you can install later and thus increase /data space by reducing /system size.

For me, messing around with the ROM, GApps and all the phone is where the fun lies.

Thanks dreis911 for that inof. About the installation of the ROM, did I guessed right about CWM?

@KonstaT: It would be awesome if you port the 4.4.2 to the blade. I know it must be alot of work and I understand if you don´t do it for such an old phone. I am just a user and I am not into that android programming/porting stuff. Just an hint for you, that some people may happy about that =) I think KitKat should run more smooth, coz it is programmed for devices with 512MB of RAM.

Yes, you guessed right. Of course, you'll have to install all the Apps again since you're changing Android version...

Guest shabahat

I'm having trouble with this rom. I don't know why it sometimes get struck on the boot screen after 3 or 4 shutdown and than it can't start and I have to either install another rom or I have to wipe all the things from the recovery menu . I'm only satisfied with the performance of cm9 eco stable. I have tried this rom before also but I got same problem and after using it for some hours I've to remove it every time.

Guest dreis911

can anyone share the latest vending apk for this rom? Mine was broken

You can extract it from this ROM.

I quite sure it's not the latest but it will upgrade...

Guest Fizziebaunz

This truly is a final update.... It's more smooth than the Oct... and minor changes in the buttons section.... am loving it.... The graphics... improved.... And the kitkat wallpaper is amazing... Great work KonstaT and those who devoted their time for this rom

If you did not change the ROM the bootanimation should be there, unless you checked the "Disable boot animation" in the "Performance" menu.

If you want another bootanimation just copy the "bootanimation.zip" to the /system partition inside "media" directory.

You'll have to have a root explorer with write capability.

Before that, just check if the file you're copying will fit... because /system is very limited.

Hei dreis911,

I can´t find the folder for the bootanimation. I used ASTRO Filemanager (assuming that I have root rights, coz CWM is installed) but I just find "SDCAR0" and if I go one level in the filestructure up there are just some other folders (system and so on) but no media folder. SDCARD0 is my extra SDcard (8GB) but not the internal memory space.

Other thing: How much of the internal space can I use for installing apps? Can I partition the whole internal space for it, or is it not wise? I have the problem that the internal space is too small to install apps (to then move them to the extra SDCARD). Can I use ROM Manager from CWM for it?

Thanks!

Guest dreis911

Hei dreis911,

I can´t find the folder for the bootanimation. I used ASTRO Filemanager (assuming that I have root rights, coz CWM is installed) but I just find "SDCAR0" and if I go one level in the filestructure up there are just some other folders (system and so on) but no media folder. SDCARD0 is my extra SDcard (8GB) but not the internal memory space.

Other thing: How much of the internal space can I use for installing apps? Can I partition the whole internal space for it, or is it not wise? I have the problem that the internal space is too small to install apps (to then move them to the extra SDCARD). Can I use ROM Manager from CWM for it?

Thanks!

I think Astro Filemanager won't do. You'll have to get access to /system partition. It's not in /sdcard.

I use Root Explorer. But you can try this, I think it does the same: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree&hl=en-EN

If you want to know what I mean:

open the ROM.zip and explore it. You'll find a "system" folder, inside there's a "media", open it... voilá!

About internal disk....  in our BLADE:

You have a partition called "/system" of ???MB size (mine is 160MB) which is "Read Only". That's where the ROM & GApps will be installed.

And you have "/data" partition - with the size of the memory left (mine 294MB) - which is where the Apps you install will be installed.

Forget the "/cache" partition of about 2MB.

The "/data" partition is the one you complain about being small!!!!

What you can do is use a script to fool the OS and make some of the SDcard an "extension" of that /data partition.

For that, you'll have to:

1. backup your SDcard

2. make 2 parttitions:     1st partition FAT32

2nd partition ext3 (don't use too much mem because it won't be able to use it)

3. restore your backup to FAT32 partition

4. Install a Apps2SDcard App (I use Mounts2SD)

5. run it and config

6. reboot

Anyone else feel free to fill the gaps...

I think Astro Filemanager won't do. You'll have to get access to /system partition. It's not in /sdcard.

I use Root Explorer. But you can try this, I think it does the same: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree&hl=en-EN

If you want to know what I mean:

open the ROM.zip and explore it. You'll find a "system" folder, inside there's a "media", open it... voilá!

You have a partition called "/system" of ???MB size (mine is 160MB) which is "Read Only". That's where the ROM & GApps will be installed.

And you have "/data" partition - with the size of the memory left (mine 294MB) - which is where the Apps you install will be installed.

What you can do is use a script to fool the OS and make some of the SDcard an "extension" of that /data partition.

1. backup your SDcard

5. run it and config

6. reboot

This file manager works too

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhmsoft.fm&hl=nl

to enable the rights to write to /system, go to settings and tick the options to have root acces and to be able to write to the system (something with mount system to write on it)

you can make partitions with CMW or with a pc

good luck!

where is the fix man!!

you can remove the beep tone you hear from the rom, then you arn't going to hear it anymore ;)

it is here since android 4.1.2 (or sooner) and for me it is usefull

Guest xxtrakerxx

Hi i have problem I do a full wipe and cache partition and when the phone screen is not working me what is? I'm doing something wrong? the phone is in gen 2 original rom is 2.2.2 phone RBM ONE

Guest shabahat

I'm having trouble with this rom. I don't know why it sometimes get struck on the boot screen after 3 or 4 shutdown and than it can't start and I have to either install another rom or I have to wipe all the things using the recovery menu . I'm only satisfied with the performance of cm9 eco stable. I have tried this rom before also but I got same problem on every update that it can't boot and is struck on the boot screen after using it for some hours I've to remove it every time. 

I'm no developer but plz if anyone can help me with this problem. I'm posting it twice .  

I'm having trouble with this rom. I don't know why it sometimes get struck on the boot screen after 3 or 4 shutdown and than it can't start and I have to either install another rom or I have to wipe all the things using the recovery menu . I'm only satisfied with the performance of cm9 eco stable. I have tried this rom before also but I got same problem on every update that it can't boot and is struck on the boot screen after using it for some hours I've to remove it every time. 

I'm no developer but plz if anyone can help me with this problem. I'm posting it twice .  

happens with me too...

but instead of getting stuck...i lose my apps...

do u use int2ext/s2e or link2sd

1. backup your SDcard

5. run it and config

6. reboot

What do think how big I can make the ext3 partition?

Guest dreis911

What do think how big I can make the ext3 partition?

I think 500MB is enough!

Right now I have 170MB occupied of 294MB in internal /data and 185MB occupied of 1.79GB in external /sd-ext.

So, it's about 45% to 55% balance.

So there's no point in having too much /sd-ext.... but, "just in case" you can make a 1GB partition.

I think 500MB is enough!

Right now I have 170MB occupied of 294MB in internal /data and 185MB occupied of 1.79GB in external /sd-ext.

So, it's about 45% to 55% balance.

So there's no point in having too much /sd-ext.... but, "just in case" you can make a 1GB partition.

I now used 2,5GB of my 8GB SD card. The ROM is now very, very slow... I don´t know if it will be fast, if I will set it up smaller size. Could it be? Also I got msgs that some services/apllications are stopping (after waiting a long time for reaction of the blade).

thx

Guest dreis911

I now used 2,5GB of my 8GB SD card. The ROM is now very, very slow... I don´t know if it will be fast, if I will set it up smaller size. Could it be? Also I got msgs that some services/apllications are stopping (after waiting a long time for reaction of the blade).

thx

Maybe you SDcard is too slow!... or it may have problems.

It's supposed to be a bit (very little) slower, because access to SDcard always slows down the Blade... but just a little bit.

Try to reduce /sd-ext to about 1GB.

What's your partition settings in the Blade and SDcard?

thx

did you moved applicationdata to sd-ext? don't do ;)

// Rant // + micro-blog

Today my phone just random rebooted when i went to sleep in my bed..so i just left it as i was sleepy..got up in the morning to find it still in boot screen  :blink:

so removed battery ...the phone restarted to find the 'message android is upgrading' the classic cm10.2 bug...which is the sd-ext partition gets lost temporarily ..which is regained but after rebooting again...

but this time the phone was still stuck in boot-screen ...maybe it was rebuilding dalvik...but i wasnt patient enough as i had to go to work..

i was so badword' angry :angry2:  :angry2:  :angry2: that i almost threw my mobile against a wall :P

in short

tldr;

have to change from cm10.2 to either rootbox or cm11..

but the int2ext isnt working for me for these rom...

now im gonna change the sd-card with my bros' let me see if the issue is resolved