Tesco unveil the £119 Hudl - a low cost, Archos built tablet

Guest Simon O

HI folks, new to the forum... I too have a Hudl. Was just on a whim as I could get it cheap through clubcard voucher thing. Very impressed. 

I do need to root it however. Any news on that? I don't want to break it 

Multiple ways of doing it. I used some dodgy Chinese program to root it on windows. Few ways to do it though. Totally worth it if you have the vouchers.

Guest glossywhite

HI folks, new to the forum... I too have a Hudl. Was just on a whim as I could get it cheap through clubcard voucher thing. Very impressed. 

I do need to root it however. Any news on that? I don't want to break it 

You won't "break" it - man up! :P

Guest glossywhite

if just never done it before without a specific ROM etc... i'm a generic virgin :-p

Contrary to what others may say, I recommend jumping in the deep end; it teaches you how not to drown, sharpish!

Don't be scared by the experiences of other people or by their opinions - people are wimps these days - break things if you have to - just have fun, and remember... you can always flash the stock image and start again if you get too stuck.

if just never done it before without a specific ROM etc... i'm a generic virgin :-p

if you're really worrying, CWM will be out pretty soon, anyway. Can't get much more of a safety net, haha.

Guest Supersnorker

I've set up a new forum for the Hudl here: www.hudlforums.com

Hopefully it will be a useful resource for Hudl users and those thinking of buying a Hudl.

Take a look!

Guest glossywhite

I've set up a new forum for the Hudl here: www.hudlforums.com

Hopefully it will be a useful resource for Hudl users and those thinking of buying a Hudl.

Take a look!

That's great... but this is also a hudl forum, and has a long history and a good reputation for ROMs and hacking. I wish you all the best, but I'll stay here :)

Guest Supersnorker

No probs, totally understand. You never know, my forum might even help bring some new users here :)

That's great... but this is also a hudl forum, and has a long history and a good reputation for ROMs and hacking. I wish you all the best, but I'll stay here :)