is everyone buying a new phone or so ?

Guest wimmme

Guest Spacecaker

You are a glad man if you don't have that crazy pixels;))

xD

i hope to

because i have like zero money to buy new phone and need to keep tgis one till 2 may 2015 then i can get new phone.

Guest Ivan69

xD

i hope to

because i have like zero money to buy new phone and need to keep tgis one till 2 may 2015 then i can get new phone.

I've them too, but sincerly it's really hard to see them, only (as above explained) with a totally black background in a totally dark room  :D

I discovered to have them after more than 6 month, during a reboot (they're visible on the boot screen, when "Acer" appear)

Btw, they don't affect in any way the phone usability

Guest Spacecaker

I've them too, but sincerly it's really hard to see them, only (as above explained) with a totally black background in a totally dark room :D

I discovered to have them after more than 6 month, during a reboot (they're visible on the boot screen, when "Acer" appear)

Btw, they don't affect in any way the phone usability

i downloaded pixel test

and i have dead pixels :/ in bottom part of screen

well fck lol

can this be due to dropping phone ? do i have warranty for this by acer ?

xD

i downloaded pixel test

and i have dead pixels :/ in bottom part of screen

well fck lol

can this be due to dropping phone ? do i have warranty for this by acer ?

xD

It's not due to your utilization... it happens and stop... and yes, it should be covered in warranty (or at least this is what many people obtained)

;)

Guest Spacecaker

It's not due to your utilization... it happens and stop... and yes, it should be covered in warranty (or at least this is what many people obtained)

;)

if i hard press on screen they move / disappear / appear so this can be a drop issue

might gonna get to store but my bootloader is unlocked so yeah xD

i also had dead pixels and it started spreading more and more. With it came also a black spot and some color lines on the corners. Then i sent it to acer and they fixed it ;)

Guest execpwd

The thing is they don't care if the telephone is rooted or has an unlocked bootloader or anything else... They will only look for any visible damage on the exterior of the phone, and if they send it to warranty ( to a specialized service ) they will check the pressure sensors and if everything is alright inside the phone... If everything is OK you will get a new device or a new display for the old one... ( I can't remember if the phone has the display attached to the motherboard... Does anyone know something about this? I read somewhere they also replace the motherboard if there are dead pixels, but I don't know exactly... ). So yeah, a trip to the service won't hurt anyone... If everything is alright , you have the chance of receiving a new phone... If not, they can't do anything but give you back the old phone, and also cancel your warranty contract...

The screen is not attached to the MB, so replacing it won't change IMEI, SN, data and so on... only the screen

...and regarding cancelling the contract, no, they cannot... the only thing they can do is to eventually charge you in case of software issues that makes mandatory to reinstall the original OS

Hardware issues are always covered by warranty, except when you burn a MB during a flash, root or similar (so really hard to verify also for them)

Guest execpwd

@Ivan69 ... so are you telling me the only thing they can do is to charge you extra money for reinstalling the original OS ? They won't cancel the warranty contract as long as you broke into the original OS ? I knew that if you change the standard parameters of the OS, the warranty is voided...

@Ivan69 ... so are you telling me the only thing they can do is to charge you extra money for reinstalling the original OS ? They won't cancel the warranty contract as long as you broke into the original OS ? I knew that if you change the standard parameters of the OS, the warranty is voided...

HW issues not dependent from SW are covered by warranty in all situations

They can charge you for reinstalling the OS if the phone i.e. won't boot due to custom ROM, but if they're unable to reflash the correct OS and they needs to replace the MB, you'll pay the cost of the new MB (if they can prove that is due to wrong flash... really hard to demonstrate)

In any case your warranty will be still valid for 1 or 2 years (depending by countries) and will continue to cover all HW issues