Hudl Successfully rooted via MAC OSX

Guest BASS4V

Guest BASS4V

Glad to say guys, through the priceless help of member learntofly, I have successfully rooted my Hudl only using OSX. learntofly literally spent the other day with me chewing through terminal codes and problem solving of the original root tool provided by, the man himself, PaulOBrien. I will be shortly posting the method and tools needed to PaulOBrien and learntofly who will then trim the fat and upload it for the Hudl public !!! B-)

Guest PaulOBrien

Awesome.

I did build rkflashtools for OSX, but it had a dependency on libusb installed via Brew, so it seems like a faff when better options will be coming along...

P

Glad to say guys, through the priceless help of member learntofly, I have successfully rooted my Hudl only using OSX. learntofly literally spent the other day with me chewing through terminal codes and problem solving of the original root tool provided by, the man himself, PaulOBrien. I will be shortly posting the method and tools needed to PaulOBrien and learntofly who will then trim the fat and upload it for the Hudl public !!! B-)

--

Thank you for your very kind words BASS4V!

Whilst I will gracefully accept your thanks for assisting you with setting up the dependencies on OSX, the terminal work, and the OSX compiled rkflashtool, I must make it clear that all credits for the method of rooting the hudl remain with Paul O'Brien.

A guide for others on how to root their hudl from a "stock" OSX build would be extremely welcome however I suggest we leave the releasing of the OSX rkflashtool to Paul O'Brien, who i know has this in hand, for the sake of continuity :)

Look forward to the guide...

Regards

Ltf