[Kernel] CeXstel v0.62 (Y300/G510) [Stock/CM] [29/03/14]

Guest Ceastel

Guest thetonyxx

Here 62 for stock is stable in FusionX. No battery drain noticed so far. Good work.

for me is not the most stable, few random reboot, but probably caused by restore rom or swap on sd or app

Guest flash75

@Up 2

Why? :huh:

There is a repack of chil's kernel for CM11 which have everything as same as this kernel (i think)

Then why?

Does this cm11 kernel increase Battery Life? When i tested CM11 i Always had awful battery life.

Guest Victod

Because the chli360 kernel in some kk ROM doesn't work

It's to CM 11! <_< 

For "others" KK roms the kernel need be repacked!

Guest SH3H1

Because the chli360 kernel in some kk ROM doesn't work

So you want him to make kernel for every kitkat variant?

I think the problem is kitkat not the kernek :huh:

Guest SH3H1

@Fonz93

You didn't get me well broi :)

I was telling that in all 4.2.2 ROMs we can flash Cextel kernel without any problem

But since kitkat kernels needs to be repacked

I think you get me :P

Guest ZolaIII

@Fonz93

You didn't get me well broi :)

I was telling that in all 4.2.2 ROMs we can flash Cextel kernel without any problem

But since kitkat kernels needs to be repacked

I think you get me :P

Ram disc in image needs to be repackaged with individual init files for every individual ROM distribution kernel is never the less the same.

Guest H3ROS

On a stock ROM v0.62 seems to get some random reboots when low on memory where as v0.61 works fine, but there's another issue. The 400MB versions of the kernel can only run Twitch at medium quality, but the 393MB version can run it at high. The new Synopsis kernel can do high quality by default but it doesn't overclock the GPU, CPU or have the LowMemoryKiller management. These are all things I like about this kernel, so please try to update the kernel again and do whatever you've got to to bring the RAM usage down. The more the better.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest ZolaIII

On a stock ROM v0.62 seems to get some random reboots when low on memory where as v0.61 works fine, but there's another issue. The 400MB versions of the kernel can only run Twitch at medium quality, but the 393MB version can run it at high. The new Synopsis kernel can do high quality by default but it doesn't overclock the GPU, CPU or have the LowMemoryKiller management. These are all things I like about this kernel, so please try to update the kernel again and do whatever you've got to to bring the RAM usage down. The more the better.

Can run what?

Synopsis is still slower than 0.62 I only had one reboot in 20+ days. All do it shows the synopsis developed is experienced he still lacks the strong theoretical base grounds. Synopsis uses newer source from huawei... they are trying to do everything (every patch) to improve IO handling issuing & a buss transfer, reducing the overheads and improving response time, bat it will never be on a BSD level. The hard float abi is not working on Synopsis. This will be the next big performance jump see able even to nobs!

Guest H3ROS

@ Zola

Twitch. It's what many YouTubers now use to stream games over and then upload footage of.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.twitch.android.viewer

What I'm saying is that Synopsis has only been released 3 days ago and it's not in bad shape at all, yet it's able to do almost everything that this kernel can do and even has things fixed e.g. zram. It trims the fat well enough that there's more free RAM so that video apps can run at higher quality. This kernel used to do that, but it's gone from 393MB to 400MB and then to 407MB and as of v0.62 there's random reboots when the device is pushed in terms of performance and/or memory.

407MB = Can't run Twitch at high quality or medium

400MB = Can't run Twitch at high quality

393MB = Can use all quality settings

Not to be rude but I developed a kernel and ROM's for a different device myself, so I don't need it explaining to me. Thanks for trying to though. Many kernels even use a scheduler that I created (SmartassH3), although it puzzles me as to why they do because it's a tuned version of SmartassV2 designed for my H3 series of ROM's on the ZTE Skate (it's a 800MHz ARMv6 device).

Synopsis is likely going to improve, because like I said it was only released 3 days ago. I favour this kernel currently though because of it's performance tweaks, but it'd be nice to see this upgraded back to 3.4.4+ and to have the fat trimmed to get 393MB or more free RAM.

Edited by H3ROS

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Taiji2078

Hello.

This post is about emoji fonts.

I was trying to read everything here, but it's really too much. The search doesn't help ... so I'll just ask: what is the better version to use with CM 11.0 ? Stock isn't allowing me to see emoji fonts in games (storm8 games), where I actually want to see them. In Palringo it works, but that isn't the point. I guess it has something to do with the font pack used for 2D rendering ... anyway, does your kernel fully support the emoji ?

Thank you !