[TWEAK] Supercharge the G300

Guest DJPRMF

Guest dadi11

I've installed it on CM10.2 latest nightly successfully, and I think it works :P

of course I need to flash this tweak after each installing next nightlies?

Edited by dadi11

Guest DJPRMF

I've installed it on CM10.2 latest nightly successfully, and I think it works :P

of course I need to flash this tweak after each installing next nightlies?

Great! Thanks for the initial feedback.

Yes.

After flash the ROM is needed to re-flash the files.

I've installed it on stock b895 slim v1 successfully, but I do not feel the changes =)

Test it for a few days and see if the system stays fluid and smoother... :)

Also try check your score at benchmarks.

I think the default for new installs is internal, but you can change that.

i tried this option, but it doesn't work even after reboot. Internal storage is always used by apps. Did someone try this option ?

i tried this option, but it doesn't work even after reboot. Internal storage is always used by apps. Did someone try this option ?

I have the latest nightly from CM 9.1 and i can change just fine.

But i think is better ask in the CM 9.1 topic...

I have the latest nightly from CM 9.1 and i can change just fine.

But i think is better ask in the CM 9.1 topic...

you can change : ok , but does it work for you ?

Is see the option, i can check the box, but nothing changes even after a reeboot. Maybe i had to change this option before installing any app ?

you can change : ok , but does it work for you ?

Is see the option, i can check the box, but nothing changes even after a reeboot. Maybe i had to change this option before installing any app ?

As i said, yes...

But this is not the topic to talk about it. Check the CM 9.1 topic... ;)

Guest madsam106

I installed the performance and graphic files last night and have seen a drop in performance according to benchmark

Before  4080

After     4036

I'm running a rooted stock rom V2.3.6

Any ideas?

Basband 109808

I installed the performance and graphic files last night and have seen a drop in performance according to benchmark

Before  4080

After     4036

I'm running a rooted stock rom V2.3.6

Any ideas?

Basband 109808

Is normal every benchmark done have diffrent results... If you do 3-4 tests in a row or in diffrent times, all of them should have diffrent results.

(Besides, your results seem pretty much the same. A diffrence of only ~50 points...)

Doesn't use only benchmarks results as final feedback.

See the system, check the apps, the games,etc... Test a game before and after.. :)

The score is only one way to see, and not always reliable.

Edited by DJPRMF

Guest denzele

"And if you use the G300 with GB, ICS or JB to any heavy game or app let me said that your doing it wrong. :P

G300 is NOT for big games (not even with the best rom in the world)... This is not a Galaxy S4 guys. :D

The G300 is a entryline smartphone, not for big games or apps. :) Of course, you never will be able to playa  big game in G300, no mather what you tweak..."

Well said mate..luckily Xperia S is  :P ..anyway going to try this let you know.. :D

Edited by denzele

Hope that you enjoy ;)

As i said before, and as a personal opinion, i think some users not realize that G300 is a entryline phone. They search (and sometimes demand) a ROM that is capable of running big games at "full speed". Or have a performence like a Galaxy S4 or iPhone :P

Yes, is important select a good rom that have a good performance. And is also important tweak a little, like what i have shared, do it from your own (like editing the build.prop), or use a already tweaked ROM...

But if your looking for a smartphone to play games or use with "big" apps/multitasking, you have buyed the wrong phone...

That said, the tweak that i have shared here is to improve a little the system behavior. It will give (depending of the rom) a increase in the performance (sometimes more, sometimes less), what will also give a little "boost" in games and big apps.

But this DON'T convert the G300 in a high end smartphone. And NONE of the ROMs, even the best ROM build so far (dazzozo builds? :) ) will change that.

Edited by DJPRMF

Guest between3and26characters

I flashed it on 4.3 and I guess it's working? Animations are disabled ATM which I don't like at all but I guess that's because I have 35% battery left. Audio quality seems to be amazing but I'm not sure if it's any better than before because I use my phone to listen to music etc. only rarely. It does seem a bit faster maybe, it could be a placebo or just the fact that there are no animations going on. 

Thanks for the feedback.

Animations are a wast of resources. The system will be a little faster with them disable...

But is possible activate them in the Developers Settings. ;)

Whether you disagree or not, it's a fact.

A 1GHz processor is NOT for gaming. 

More: A single core 1GHz processor, 512Mb of Ram (200-300 Mb or less usuable) and a Adreno 200 GPU is NOT a smartphone for gaming. :D

Guest between3and26characters

Thanks for the feedback.

Animations are a wast of resources. The system will be a little faster with them disable...

But is possible activate them in the Developers Settings. ;)

Thanks

What bidzapfc said isn't complete rubbish guys, he said that the games he played DID work on GB, but not on ICS/JB. You guys are acting like they would never work at all no matter what, and he is just crazy.

And as I said before, I do genuinely believe this mod doesn't do much as the benchmarks are only different by a few points, and scores also vary after every test. Afterall, Antutu isn't really the most accurate benchmarking tool.

If someone can give me an average (add the results, divide by amount of tests taken) and it has a difference of at least 300 points or more, I'll agree that this mod actually works. Nipples.

kyan31, check close the messages of @bidzapfc :)

Anyways, yes, it was that i was talking.

It should be tested more that once and compared the results ina  long term. but NOT ONLY the score of Antutu matters...

The score could still be low, but what matters is the general performance of the Android over daily time, not only based in a few numbers. :)

The score could still be low, but what matters is the general performance of the Android over daily time, not only based in a few numbers. :)

"General performance" sounds pretty vague and subjective. Surely there is some way to objectively and systematically measure things so prove or disprove that these tweaks do what is claimed of them? In the absence of anything else surely a benchmark result (averaged over several iterations) is the best measure available? Anything else is purely anecdotal.

Guest Alkapton

Well whatever else these mods do they have solved a long standing memory problem I was having with stock plus ROM. I now can actually use internal storage when its less than 95m. Big thumbs up.

dalyer, check the "Features" section on the first topic to see exactly what is change/done. ;)

Just because the tweak claims to do something, doesn't mean it actually does do that. Most of these tweaks are device specific for popular phones so the majority of the scripts might not even be working.

Just because the tweak claims to do something, doesn't mean it actually does do that. Most of these tweaks are device specific for popular phones so the majority of the scripts might not even be working.

Yes - and my point is that if tweaks like these do something then there should be some way to measure the result objectively and not just depend on anecdotal, subjective and possibly placebo reports of "general performance" improvements. If the results cannot be measured objectively then some skepticism about the claims involved is understandable. Just saying like...