[GB][2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 - Updated 18/11/13

Guest Garnt

Guest Salamin1

Updated 18/11/13

Updated rom in first post

I have rebuild the rom to use the stock GB kernel.  You should be able to install another kernel if you wish, but this is untested so you do so at your own risk (make a backup first).

As a result, the kernel settings will no longer work, but I have included No Frills so you can configure Governor & Scheduler.

There is no over-clocking with this kernel, but I have found the performance and battery life to be much better with this kernel than the previous one.

Rom file will only work on 109808 Baseband, so also flash the patch file if using 2030.

Given the number of changes there is no update patch this time, It's best to do all the wipes before flashing this rom.

Latest Changes:

Now based on stock GB Kernel, should also work with other kernels.

Added No Frills CPU Control as the Kernel Settings will no longer work

Thanks for your work! I have 2030 baseband. So, how should I flash the patch? Should I do the wipes, flash the rom and, immediately after, the patch?

Thanks for your work! I have 2030 baseband. So, how should I flash the patch? Should I do the wipes, flash the rom and, immediately after, the patch?

Yes, wipes, rom, patch then gapps and reboot will be fine

How much better is the battery life? I'm getting almost 48h of usage with the previous build and really can't complain about performance, I'm curious as to how much both aspects can be improved...

How much better is the battery life? I'm getting almost 48h of usage with the previous build and really can't complain about performance, I'm curious as to how much both aspects can be improved...

Well that depends on how people use there phones but I've gone from 30-36 hours battery life to approx 48 hours. Antutu benchmarks and fps with this kernel at 1000 are comparable to the old kernel clocked at 1190

Guest Salamin1

@ Salamin1: I've noticed that too, but it's very strange, at first it won't connect, but when I enter wifi settings it connects right away.

Have you got the wifi set to turn off when the screens off?  Because I found that it does take a while to reconnect if the wifi shuts down.  If you have try to set wifi to allways on and see if that helps

Still cannot solve this. The settings is "always on", but it doesn't reconnect if I leave home and get back. Any clue?

Well might still be a bit early to tell but right now battery life does seem a bit improved... Can't help but wonder that it could be related that I'm back from 1.114Ghz to the stock clock. Performance seems the same which is good, so I guess this is a good update. Thanks man! :)

Guest phyllocrania

Brilliant ROM! Runs butter smooth. No lags and all CM 7 features. Everything works.

USB tethering, portable WiFi hotspot and Bluetooth screws up sometimes. As suggested, a reboot often resolves these issues.

Edited by phyllocrania

Guest Salamin1

Still cannot solve this. The settings is "always on", but it doesn't reconnect if I leave home and get back. Any clue?

Still cannot solve the wifi thing, it won't reconnect... The rest works perfectly for me!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dinamo1975

I install the ROM and after that i put the PIN and apear incorect PIN !??? WTF!!! I tried all combination!

Edited by dinamo1975

I install the ROM and after that i put the PIN and apear incorect PIN !??? WTF!!! I tried all combination!

Check the OP, SIM pin is temperamental

Edited by smweb

Guest dinamo1975

Check the OP, SIM pin is tempermental

OK... i got it !

The sound in Poweramp it's awful even when i use DSP Manager. To repair this, it's possible to replace respective files, taken from others ROMs? Tnx!

Edited by dinamo1975

Finally got around to switching from superslim to this CM7.

Looks very good so far.

As usual I stuck Holo Launcher, NoLock and TouchPal/X (built-in keyboard seemed very small but I didn't try to tweak it) on as a personal preference.

Thanks a lot Garnt (and any other contributors to this ROM).  :)

Edit: oh - just realised that there's no need for NoLock - System Settings > CM Settings > Tablet Tweaks > Disable lockscreen does the same thing (and maybe with less penalty - e.g. alarms/wakeups).

And having run this ROM since Saturday I am very happy with it and comfortable about handing it over to a non techie user who needs a stable and smooth ROM.

Edited by dalyer

Only one minor glitch so far - I went to System settings > About phone > Status to check battery level and then immediately after went to System settings > About phone > Battery use and this force closed then and every time thereafter until I rebooted. Seems odd... Also the battery discharge graph shows quite a few spikes as if the battery recovers charge spontaneously. But I guess that's just the usual temperamental G300 battery/meter logic? I'm getting battery lifetime comparable to my previous ROMs (Stock+ and superslim) maybe slightly better and definitely without having to manually tweak things as much - c. 2 days on 2G (3G really kills the battery for me), calls, texts, some maps, browsing, GPS, other apps, 30 min email (K9 Mail) sync etc. I like it!  :)

Edited by dalyer

Has anyone managed to get native USB tethering working? I just switched to this, and I've been trying many times to get a connection but nothing seems to work. CWM Tether works however, but the speeds are much slower.

When you say "native USB tether" do you mean "USB storage" whereby you connect the device running CM7 to the PC using a USB cable and can enable USB storage for copying files to/from the device?

That works fine for me. I get both the internal 2GB "sdcard" and my 16GB external sdcard appearing as drives in Windows.

If it doesn't work for you what actually happens?

USB storage in CWM also works fine for me.

Edited by dalyer

When you say "native USB tether" do you mean "USB storage" whereby you connect the device running CM7 to the PC using a USB cable and can enable USB storage for copying files to/from the device?

That works fine for me. I get both the internal 2GB "sdcard" and my 16GB external sdcard appearing as drives in Windows.

If it doesn't work for you what actually happens?

USB storage in CWM also works fine for me.

No, USB tethering for internet. Sharing your phone internet connection to your PC.

Dont get CWM Tether confused with CWM recovery, they are two different things. Search ClockworkMod tether on the play store for more information.

Edited by kyan31