[ROM][TW5]JB 4.1.2][18.10]

Guest peetu20

Guest peetu20

This is my CyanogenMod 10 based Samsung Touchwiz 5 port. Actually this rom doesnt have nothing to do with word "port", because this rom is actually just hardly modified cm10, which looks and works like TW5 ;). Because Samsung has closed TW5 source, we cannot bring real TW5 to the table, we can just hack stock CyanogenMod, and maybe port some apps.

This rom is under hard developement, so theres the most important part: I am not responsible of any problems you have with this rom but will do my best to fix them. Because I do not own any samsung device, even with TW5, I really do not know what does something like or doesnt like. Thats why I need yours help. You need to tell me whats not looking right, or doesnt work at all. BUG REPORTS AND IDEAS ARE BADLY NEEDED!

At this moment this ROM is in beta stage, but I will update this as soon I can :).

Working:

• RIL (mobile network & data)
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Camera (photos, camcorder & panorama)
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • 'Project Butter'
  • SDcard
  • USB-storage (on external sdcard) & adb
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi-tethering
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • Sensors
  • LEDs
  • FM Radio

Not working:

• ???
  • TW5 launcher doesnt let you access to app drawer without patience and brains :P

ROM: http://www.mediafire.com/?7fgfcmh3ok0pji7

Gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Features:

• TW5 UI
  • TW5 launcher and weather widget
  • Smooth UI(Actually caused by lighter UI, than in stock Cm10)
  • TW5 Task Manager
  • TW5 alarms, ringtones and UI sounds
  • TW5 style MMS, Browser, Dialer, Contacts, Settings
  • Much more coming

Installation:

1. Copy ROM+Gapps to sdcard
  2. Reboot to recovery
  3. If you come rom Cm10 just flash ROM.
  4. If you come from other rom, Wipe data/Factory reset+Format system. Then Install ROM+Gapps.
  5. Reboot and follow guide after installation.

After installation:

• Go to Settings>System>Notification drawer and enable all notification widgets. Otherwises toggles will look ugly.
  • Go to Settings>System>Notification drawer and tick Hide scrollbar. Otherwises toggles will look ugly.
  • Touchwiz launcher seems to have some bug: While you try to access to app drawer after starting launcher, it just will crash. To avoid that, tick many times the app drawer icon QUICKLY. Then you will access to app drawer. You just need to do that while launcher has been started.

Screenshots:

post-983783-0-79112800-1382088125_thumb.post-983783-0-79265600-1382088131_thumb.post-983783-0-79706400-1382088132_thumb.post-983783-0-65741600-1382088133_thumb.post-983783-0-22846900-1382088138_thumb.post-983783-0-16601900-1382088139_thumb.post-983783-0-09891700-1382088140_thumb.

Guest peetu20

install this rom but say always keyboard (aosp) close..

appear and dissapears the same message..

Did you do necessary wipes? I have installed this rom by wiping everything necessary(reads in OP), and I havent had any problems with AOSP-keyboard.

This rom uses exactly the same keyboard as cm10 uses, so theres nothing wrong with it ;).

Guest merc1800k

i wipe all again and make format system...work ok now but when i press apps at bottom bar nothing happend..i cant see apps...

am i doing something wrong??

Guest peetu20

i wipe all again and make format system...work ok now but when i press apps at bottom bar nothing happend..i cant see apps...

am i doing something wrong??

Reading OP might help ;). Tw launcher is bit buggy at this moment. So you need to tick app drawer shortcut many times quickly. Then it works. Fortunately you just need to do that after boot :).

Guest Something Wierd

Just installed it.It does feel more fluid the the trebuch. Strangely i didnt get the app drawer bug, but maybe i was just lucky.Ill be testing it through the weekend and report if i find any bugs.

Guest peetu20

ok thanks

how can i change things at tw launcher??

Its pure TW-launcher, so theres nothing kind of options to customize, like in 3rd party launchers.

If you are satisfied to TW-launcer, just switch to Nova or something.

Just installed it.It does feel more fluid the the trebuch. Strangely i didnt get the app drawer bug, but maybe i was just lucky.Ill be testing it through the weekend and report if i find any bugs.

Thanks. Feedback and ideas are really needed :). Yep, I have noticed too that the bug doesnt exists always. Bug itself seems to be our device problem too, in my other devices, TW5 launcher works just fine.

Edited by peetu20

Guest aleksandar069

First bug: After second reboot of the phone launcher wont start up. Good thing is that the FM Radio work great. Lock/Unlock sound is not too much clear for me. For now i'm surprised with the speed and UI. Nice work. Keep working good.  ;)  ;)

Guest peetu20

I forgot how better cm10 is compered to cm10.2 in terms of performance.Konstat really did a nice job on his ROM.

Yep, I never used Cm10.1 or Cm10.2 as daily, these feels like a piece of crap compared to cm10, with smoothness. Especially Cm10.2 is after latest update really laggy :(.

First bug: After second reboot of the phone launcher wont start up. Good thing is that the FM Radio work great. Lock/Unlock sound is not too much clear for me. For now i'm surprised with the speed and UI. Nice work. Keep working good.  ;)  ;)

You mean the whole launcher, or cannot you just access to app drawer? Propably just something went wrong itself, I havent had any probs with TW-launcher, as I have now used it about two days.

The lockscreen lock/unlock sound will be fixed in next update, I will replace those .ogg files pulled from Sgs3 system dump with some alternative ogss.

Seems that TW-ui is really lighter than Cm10 stock, I have noticed that too. I think I should start using this rom...

THANKS

why no clock at widget??

What you mean? There should be Cm10 default clock widget. Correct if I am wrong, I am too lazy to check now :).

Edited by peetu20

Thanks alot for the rom. Its working pretty good and i cant believe how fast it is. If you can fix that app drawer issue that would be awesome.

EDIT: After playing with the rom for a while the launcher got messed up and repeated message touchwiz home has stopped working and i had to pull of the battery. That happened after i tried to organize the home screens. I first deleted 3 home screens and was left with 3 tried to move icon to another home screen and it bugged out completely. After that i got bootloop?? Had to factory wipe it from cwm and now its working again. Launcher definitely needs some work but if you can get that sorted out ill def use this rom alot. 

Edited by aaooee

Guest aleksandar069

Thanks alot for the rom. Its working pretty good and i cant believe how fast it is. If you can fix that app drawer issue that would be awesome.

EDIT: After playing with the rom for a while the launcher got messed up and repeated message touchwiz home has stopped working and i had to pull of the battery. That happened after i tried to organize the home screens. I first deleted 3 home screens and was left with 3 tried to move icon to another home screen and it bugged out completely. After that i got bootloop?? Had to factory wipe it from cwm and now its working again. Launcher definitely needs some work but if you can get that sorted out ill def use this rom alot. 

I got the same problem...  :(  :(  :wacko:

Guest peetu20

I dont know, I have never got any bootloops with CyanogenMod. If you have too much bootloops, you can just relfash the zip, you will lose anything, and you will propably solve problem.

I will try to find another TW5 launcher port soon.

Guest peetu20

Seems that we are really stuck with launcher. I tried all TW5 port launchers, each of them has the same bug :(.

Btw: Has anyone ever managed to install fully working TW5 launcher port to cm10?

Tried today to install it to older cm10 build, but this didnt help.

Guest razjaren

Last night I installed this rom, nice and fast work
the installation KonstaT fix (CM10) for Viber .... and Viber works
When restarting a cell phone, it should wait for a few minutes before it starts to use and it works without problems then (like miu need more time to all loaded after repeated strata
very nice work Peetu20

Guest peetu20

Did you try consulting with XDA

Yep, seems that launcher bug has almost been fixed. App drawer bug seems to exist in all devices, but thats not big problem luckily :).

Last night I installed this rom, nice and fast work

the installation KonstaT fix (CM10) for Viber .... and Viber works

When restarting a cell phone, it should wait for a few minutes before it starts to use and it works without problems then (like miu need more time to all loaded after repeated strata

very nice work Peetu20

Thanks. This rom is based on cm10, so everything should work, including viber patches.