[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM] [ALL]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest biopuerto

Dazzozo, can you do something with the FM RADIO?(i know cyanogen don't include radio on the releases,but would be interesting for everybody)

There is a working FM radio in the next topic:

http://www.modaco.co...rking-fm-radio/

Is there any possibility to apply the working CM10.1 FM radio to the CM10.2?

I'm not an expert and i haven't the knowledge to try this.

Thank you.

Guest Dazzozo

It's not a huge concern of mine - it depends how clean the implementation can be. A lot of people choose to not support the FM Radio because there is no real standard implementation of it for Android.

If he ends up releasing code for it, it doesn't break anything else and it's trivial to use, sure, I'd probably apply it. I'm not going to spend a ton of time working on it though. I'm more interested in getting NFC working properly on the devices that support it (but I don't actually have one).

Guest biopuerto

It's not a huge concern of mine - it depends how clean the implementation can be. A lot of people choose to not support the FM Radio because there is no real standard implementation of it for Android.

If he ends up releasing code for it, it doesn't break anything else and it's trivial to use, sure, I'd probably apply it. I'm not going to spend a ton of time working on it though. I'm more interested in getting NFC working properly on the devices that support it (but I don't actually have one).

Understood,can i extract the FM.apk from CM10.1 and apply it to CM10.2?Am i saying an incoherence?Is not an easy job?

Thanks for the great job and your time.

Guest Dazzozo

Any info about the omx codecs you planned to remade for 4.4 and also use on CM 10.2 ? :D

Weird series of events about this actually. I forward ported the legacy OMX stuff for Omni since no one else had done it yet, and I can't get the colour separation to happen anymore, with the old blobs.

So yes, it's fixed, no idea how though since I didn't actually do anything. It would be nice to have some closure about the issue but hey I'll take a freebie. It's actually a hilariously small issue holding back release now.

@Dazzoso, you can solve the problem of TV programs that are not seen with your rom?

Is this stuff like TVCatchup etc. that broke when we switched blobs to workaround the colour separation? Then yes, that's fixed too because I'm using the old blobs again.

Guest SaurabhRCk

So yes, it's fixed, no idea how though since I didn't actually do anything. It would be nice to have some closure about the issue but hey I'll take a freebie. It's actually a hilariously small issue holding back release now.

So what are the current bugs now! If I did understand what you are saying is omx codecs are fixed. please do correct me if I am wrong! 

Anyone using this rom on y300-0151?

I'm getting 2g like speeds on 3g connection and am wondering

if networking is for y300-0100 only?

3G Network

HSDPA 900 / 2100 - Y300-0100 model  

HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 - Y300-0151 model

Edited by jloch

Guest theVenerable

Hi all.
I have the Huwaei Y300

I followed the instructions here:

http://huawei-y300.tumblr.com/post/47366836617/how-to-unlock-and-root-huawei-ascend-y300-all

Then I installed the latest nightly rom from your list.

It seems to be working but there is no google play app?!?!?

Surely this cant be right?

please advise

Edited by theVenerable

Is this stuff like TVCatchup etc. that broke when we switched blobs to workaround the colour separation? Then yes, that's fixed too because I'm using the old blobs again.
There are apk that allow you to watch TV (in Italy we rai tv, SkyGo) but with this rom is yes sound and no pictures. The screen black head Edited by bixio2

Guest Aeriksen

Hi all.

I have the Huwaei Y300

http://huawei-y300.tumblr.com/post/47366836617/how-to-unlock-and-root-huawei-ascend-y300-all

please advise

You have to install gapps to get the playstore

Guest theVenerable

You have to install gapps to get the playstore

Any clues as to how i do that please?

It's ok, I found it on the main page here

I'll to install it, 

thanks

Edited by theVenerable

Guest danyal.manzar

Hey first of thanks for this rom. This is the only reason I picked up this device. I mean it was cheap but I knew the battery wasent that good and the emotion ui was slow. I also new that cm was ready thanks to developers such as you. I would like to report a bug I dont know if you already know this I am on the nightly build I think 17th. I was copying some data over from my laptop to the sd card and the phone just randomly rebooted. I dont know if you are aware of it or not.

Guest danyal.manzar

Any clues as to how i do that please?

It's ok, I found it on the main page here

I'll to install it, 

thanks

Just look on the first page. A link to gapps is posted there download that and reboot to recovery and just install from sd card option to flash it.

Guest danyal.manzar

Don`t know, but it`s more likely to do with the rom itself and the apps than the amount of free memory

I am not quite sold on your theory. zram and swap is enabled in this rom and miui I think and when you have less ram and extra apps running you dont have a place to put them in the ram therefore the cpu has to work extra in copying stuff to and from ram which should decrease the preformace of the phone. Yes maybe having like 1gb of free ram might be a problem but now days having 256 free is good to have. The reason I say is that on the avg even for me if I am not gaming I have the following apps running:

The phone

hangouts

whatsapp

viber

and a few others. These themselevs take up reasonable memory if you dont have enough your cpu will be busy working on copying stuff from memory and queueing it up which will inturn make the phone lag.

Guest tomtruckie

Hi all.

I have the Huwaei Y300

please advise

You need to install the gapps zip. Links early in this thread. Google don't allow putting it in the ROM.

Hi guys i'm new here, but i've been watching this thread for a while. Today i installed this rom and for now it is fine, if i encounter any bug i'll post it here. Thanx for good work.

Guest Dazzozo

There are apk that allow you to watch TV (in Italy we rai tv, SkyGo) but with this rom is yes sound and no pictures. The screen black head

It's probably fixed. That's identical to another app which someone asked me to test.

Guest theVenerable

Hi.

I'm having a bit of trouble with two issues.

1. It wont let me install apps onto my external SD card. I 'moved applications to sd card' but they just went into the internal sd card - no use at all.

2. Even with USB debugging enabled, my computer wont pick up my device when I plug it in.

Any ideas?

Thanks v much

Plus...  I spend about 5 hours getting all my apps installed (in the wrong place),  then because my phone wont communicate via usb to my computer, I remove the sd card, put some films on it , put it back in my phone. But now my apps wont work 'app isnt installed'  , 'app isnt installed'...

I reset my phone and looked at my apps, then looked at what apps are onmy sd card. It says my sd card is only 1 gb. its not. its 8 gb.
I think its putting things in the wrong place. 

I'd actually love to know why android and sd cards and so unreliable.  most of my devices have had similar problems.

I'll reset my phone back to factory settings and I hope someone can tell me where the hell im going wrong.

It would be great to own an android device that DOESNT keep screwing up when I put things onto external SD card.

Thanks, any ideas would be appreciated.

Edited by theVenerable

Guest TheKisama

Hi.

I'm having a bit of trouble with two issues.

1. It wont let me install apps onto my external SD card. I 'moved applications to sd card' but they just went into the internal sd card - no use at all.

2. Even with USB debugging enabled, my computer wont pick up my device when I plug it in.

any ideas?

thanks v much

1. Just go to settings-->storage-->use external sd as primary, reboot and done.

2.Again, go to settings-->storage-->press the MENU button(right next to the HOME button)-->USB computer connection will pop up, then tick Mass storage.

:)