[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM] [ALL]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Recovery is up.

Guys, if there's G510 issues you need to tell me what I need to do. I'm working blind here. :P

Edit: I would recommend formatting all of the EXT4 partitions with the new recovery (system, userdata, cache) before installing.

Guest Silencer96

Dazzozo, I still can't isntall cm10.2, you have screen shot here of error that I get when I try to install it, thanks for your effort :D

img20131020154909.jpg

Wipe Dalvik/Data/Cache -> Install New CWM -> Install Dazzozo's Experimental Build (Oct 18th) -> Install the New Nightly Build Overtop (Oct 20th)

That did the trick for me! :)

Guest Silencer96

Ok to flash the new CWM using TWRP?

Yes, that should work just fine. Well, at least it did for me. But to be brutally honest, I'd stick with TWRP since you could flash the ROM via TW and still maintain the touch functionality. 

Guest nirmalbalaji

Request: 1.2Ghz Overclocking and TWRP by default. 

Other than that, these early builds are (seemingly) perfect!

Overclocking should be an option not by default. I prefer it to be Kernel wise instead of building into the ROM.

Guest Dazzozo

Dazzozo, I still can't isntall cm10.2, you have screen shot here of error that I get when I try to install it, thanks for your effort :D

That should be fixed in tonight's G510 nightly, for now, err...

You can either edit the updater-script or use the u8833 build if you're super eager I guess. :P

Guest Dazzozo

Regarding overclocking: I'm not happy with the existing implementations (I'm pretty sure they don't actually work) and I want to be able to support the G300 at the same time.

I will work on it, but clearly it's low priority at the moment until all of this has settled down.

Guest cvele992

That should be fixed in tonight's G510 nightly, for now, err...

You can either edit the updater-script or use the u8833 build if you're super eager I guess. :P

Thanks for answer, I will wait for tonight's build :P

Guest Silencer96

Regarding overclocking: I'm not happy with the existing implementations (I'm pretty sure they don't actually work) and I want to be able to support the G300 at the same time.

I will work on it, but clearly it's low priority at the moment until all of this has settled down.

You're the best, Dazzozo! Granted, overclocking isn't' nearly as important as device compatibility. Ironing out all the kinks and flaws with the G300 is probably more important. But with that said, I (along with others) are still hoping to see overclocking and swap ram added sooner or later. :)

Keep up the good work! 

Guest Tawsifp

Do you have to wipe data when installing the latest nightly?

Edit: also I think getting a stable build is the main priority. Getting OC can be done later if necessary but getting rid of all the bugs is the main thing.

Edited by Tawsifp

Guest Dazzozo

Do you have to wipe data when installing the latest nightly?

Edit: also I think getting a stable build is the main priority. Getting OC can be done later if necessary but getting rid of all the bugs is the main thing.

I recommend formatting data/system/cache at least once after using an updated recovery, you can restore a backup afterwards though.

Guest Dazzozo

What's the problem with twrp? I've installed this using twrp 2.6.3 and all is well.

TWRP currently doesn't have the EXT4 fix. If you haven't had issues yet you're likely to eventually hit one.

Random files get deleted from system and data occasionally gets mounted as read only.

A fix for TWRP is apparently coming but I don't know how long it's going to be.

Guest Dazzozo

is there any working kernel repository with overclock for y300/msm8225?

as with this modification https://github.com/OneB1t/huawei-kernel-3.4/commits/master

stays in bootloop

That's why I said I was pretty sure no existing implementation actually works. :P

All the implementations I've seen either bootloop, or is a "cosmetic overclock" that doesn't actually do anything.

yep i have same feeling.. :D maybe one way is to use setting from g510 on y300 ill try to see if i can find out how that PLL table is selected as on G510 other control table is used for CPU control

Edited by OneB1t

@dazzoso, important question: i and others users said that with this rom we have a little battery drain... the question is, because you dont have battery drain, is possible that this is caused by the ext4 corruption?i have not change yet the recovery...what do you think?