[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM] [ALL]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest arsalan11

i don't know why i can't use usb storage mode from 10.30 version up to now?when i connect my phone to pc no pop up appears to ask if i want to use as mass storage or installer or camera:| it was fine in later versions like 10.28

Edited by arsalan11

Guest arsalan11

Settins - memory - menu - select mass storage

thanks but there is no memory option in settings:-? if your mean is storage there is just an option to set primary storage and secondary.

thanks but there is no memory option in settings:-? if your mean is storage there is just an option to set primary storage and secondary.

Then edit build.prop, search the line that says mtp,adb and set mass_storage,adb

Hi dazzozo i would like to thank you for working on KitKat for our y300 ... I was just wondering if you know how long will it take to make KitKat completely working ...just curious ... and thank you again :)

Guest MadHatterRyu

Hi dazzozo i would like to thank you for working on KitKat for our y300 ... I was just wondering if you know how long will it take to make KitKat completely working ...just curious ... and thank you again :)

dev can take forever.. thing is, you can always use opensource drivers that are up and about.. or look at similar devices that have had theirs ported and get pointers.. doing something without a reference is to an extent shooting in the dark..

Indeed.. there will always be some amount of shooting in the dark as far as porting something goes.. DOUBLY so if you are the first to do it..

At the same time, google's tools provided are better than ever! for all you know, we'll hit a usable beta within the next few days.. but dont expect ALL folds to get ironed out..

the LAST few solutions to the LAST few problems more often than not.. come to you.. not the other way around..

good thing is however.. Infernape763 and Asis92 are ALSO working on it... lets see how things go!

Guest TayoOnabule

Not likely. But since it's optimized for lower end devices like ours as well as high end devices, it's possible that friendly devs (like Dazz and Infernape and Asis) would assist us in developing it for us.

Edited by TayoOnabule

Guest MadHatterRyu

heres a question,,as kitkat is also going to be aimed at lower end mobiles..wont it officialy be released for our y300 dont you think??

no.. it isnt aimed at lower end mobiles.. its just got enough tools like Zram and google spent a while killing off a lot of bloat so that lower end mobiles can take it.. by NO MEANS does it mean its aimed at lower ends.. give it to a good mobile with a good config and you wont need stuff like swap.. you'll just pack a SERIOUS punch all the way..

secondly, however biding the hardware is to an OS, its ALL pointless if there are no DRIVERS which is our biggest problem at the moment.. the Open source drivers should be enough with time...

hope that answers your question

Guest MadHatterRyu

msm7x27a is still deprecated 4.2+. You won't see anything above 4.1 for this SoC and anything based on this SoC.

I tried to dumb it down to words newbies would get^^;;; but yes, that just about sums it up

thank you for your answer madhatterryu =) ... i know it s not an easy task in fact i was just wondering when a semi-stable release would come out ... just like the actual cyanogen 10.2 ... wish i was a developer xD

Guest MadHatterRyu

thank you for your answer madhatterryu =) ... i know it s not an easy task in fact i was just wondering when a semi-stable release would come out ... just like the actual cyanogen 10.2 ... wish i was a developer xD

if you're familiar with Java (which I'm sadly not.. settled on R-studio and Python for my employment) you could try.. its fun work.. and your github account ITSELF can be used as a CV for employment..

Guest MadHatterRyu

While you're talking about all this guys, would you mind telling me where to start when it comes to developing. I'm 15 sooo yeah. 

15s a great age..

are you familiar with Java? AND do you have a spare phone? I'd recommend an OLD phone thats seen generations.. so you dont lose important stuff if you brick it.. AND you get experience doing stuff.. you can start with playing around with a rooted phone.. try playing with romkitchen first

http://uot.dakra.lt/

then you could try playing with xposed... get to know how things work... learn about the files.. then try porting stuff from stock rom as base.. then go to porting CM or AOSP.. there are well documented guides on XDA on just how..

Guest TayoOnabule

15s a great age..

are you familiar with Java? AND do you have a spare phone? I'd recommend an OLD phone thats seen generations.. so you dont lose important stuff if you brick it.. AND you get experience doing stuff.. you can start with playing around with a rooted phone.. try playing with romkitchen first

http://uot.dakra.lt/

then you could try playing with xposed... get to know how things work... learn about the files.. then try porting stuff from stock rom as base.. then go to porting CM or AOSP.. there are well documented guides on XDA on just how..

Thanks so much :) i guess i could pick up an old htc desire or something? the only coding i know is html and javascript, that said i learnt that in 2-3 weeks. But i've heard c++ is a lot more difficult :/

Guest Souldefiler

I flashed nightly build and it looks awesome. Dazzozo you really did great job. Thank you!!! But i have only one weird problem. My network bar is gray and i dont have data or 3g. I can call and recive calls normaly. But when i turn my wifi on, network bar is then blue like it should be and i have data and 3g. As soon as i turn off wifi my data is turned off also. I dont get it. If someone have solution for this please help me. THank you in front.

Edited by Souldefiler

This is off topic but I wanted to ask to icy ice 803 or anyone else if and how you got to work the latest stock launcher ... On my fusion x y300 it doesn't work

Guest big_bloke

I flashed nightly build and it looks awesome. Dazzozo you really did great job. Thank you!!! But i have only one weird problem. My network bar is gray and i dont have data or 3g. I can call and recive calls normaly. But when i turn my wifi on, network bar is then blue like it should be and i have data and 3g. As soon as i turn off wifi my data is turned off also. I dont get it. If someone have solution for this please help me. THank you in front.

Did you manually set your APN? You might well have to do that.