A Warning to All G300 Owners! Please Read! [Hynix Flash Memory Problem]

Guest george109

FWIW mine is

SJS00M

07/2012

I bought the phone from Vodafone Ireland about a year ago - c. Sept 2012 if I recall correctly.

Date on battery is 2012-08-17

My main G300 died completely 2 days ago so I can't check it.

I have a spare G300 that I tried to use to replace it but it is only dialing in or out when it feels like it so I suspect it is dying. Data and SMS are strangley OK. Both running Stock+ Rom B960 R6 Cyda - the former on that rom sucessfully for 6 months +

Both were bought at the same time (Oct 12 from Very & Isme)

The one that is playing up and not quite dead is  - Hynix 06/12 

Got warranty RMA from Huawei UK today for the pair of them hopefully for replacement or repair.

Edited by kar999

That link is just a general CM link that I found.

Nothing to do with G300 specifically.

Some G300s report the eMMC chip as XINYH (HYNIX backwards).

The suspicion is that G300s with Hynix eMMX are susceptible to dying - spontaneously as has happened to several over the months (but impossible to say what eMMC they had!) or with a little help from the recent CM10.2/recovery/3.4 kernel/whatever...

The IRC logs may have more info if anybody is interested.

Guest george109

Bought mine mail order from Very UK Dec 2012.

xinyh dated 07/12 and i dont have the g....s to remove my battery,everything is working well.

You should be able to send it back under Huawei Warranty, if it does die. I think it is 24 months, so it would expire in Dec 2014.

Guest george109

My main G300 died completely 2 days ago so I can't check it.

I have a spare G300 that I tried to use to replace it but it is only dialing in or out when it feels like it so I suspect it is dying. Data and SMS are strangley OK. Both running Stock+ Rom B960 R6 Cyda - the former on that rom sucessfully for 6 months +

Both were bought at the same time (Oct 12 from Very & Isme)

The one that is playing up and not quite dead is  - Hynix 06/12 

Got warranty RMA from Huawei UK today for the pair of them hopefully for replacement or repair.

My G300 died yesterday, and now I'm reading this. I know what was the problem now... Thanks, it is on waranty now ;)

Hopefully they should repair them. Anybody who is on warranty, when you get the phone back, could you run the commands and see which memory you get...

Guest thejaimes111

Hopefully they should repair them. Anybody who is on warranty, when you get the phone back, could you run the commands and see which memory you get...

Yes, I will, hope the Samsung one...

Guest george109

Now there will be rising sales of cheap second hand g300 :)

Hynix owners, you may switch to China phone discussion topic now:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/359664-offtopic-china-phone-discussion-20032013/

:D

The fortunate thing about that is that nobody would probably buy a second hand G300 any more. They probably would go for something better.

Guest george109

I have hynix :(

the date is 06/2012

Im scared...

Keep backing up. If you are in the UK, wait until it dies (if it does) and then send it back to huawei. 

i have xinyh  :( 

date is 5/2012 i am from india

Keep backing up. You will need it if it dies. Do you know if Huawei have a contact number for India...

Guest george109

I have added another poll. This one to see if you have used CM10.2 with Hynix Memory. Please answer this one if you have Hynix flash. Thanks :)

Edited by george109

Guest george109

Anybody who has voted in the original poll will not be able to vote in the new one without first deleting their vote in the first one! :)

Yes. (I was going to say that! :D) Anybody who has already voted, and has had Hynix Memory. Please delete your vote and revote in the poll. Thanks :)

Will do.... I was told 5 - 10 days for RMA warranty repair.. but that may be a little optimistic if they are getting shed loads returned!

Edited by kar999

Guest akarana

Looks like Samsung might be OK on G300 but they're not bulletproof,

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10/24/samsung_kowtows_to_chinese_masters/

Follow the links to a Google memtest app (Warning - probably only for Samsung phones)

also  xda  dev

Yeah, sure that's last year's olds, but the problems look much the same

Edited by akarana

I have hynix memory, and I used 10.2 with 3.4, first build, then first in regular topik and ota after that...And phone works, but now I'm on B952...I use TWRP recovery....

08/2012 is date...

Edited by Pyntux