Stuck at boot screen after installing a font pack - help?

Guest craigb87

Guest craigb87

Hi I've got a Huawei Ascend Y300 which I decided to root last night. I used the method described here using the files from that page too, and it all went fine. I was installing some font packs afterwards which required me to reboot, after a few times it got stuck on the boot screen. I'm now not able to get it back up and running.

I tried the same method as I originally used to root (putting the same files in 'dload' on the sd card and restarting with both vol buttons held), that goes through and says update ok, but it still hangs at the boot screen.

I've tried downloading an original ROM from huaweidevice.com (HUAWEI Y300 firmware(Y300-0100,Android 4.1,Emotion UI,V100R001C00B175,General Version) but when I try to extract the .zip it says it's password protected, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong!

Can anybody talk me through fixing this? I can get the phone on the pink screen (download mode? although I can't access it from the computer), and also into recovery mode. I've got a card reader so I can transfer files onto the phone that way. If you need any more info then please ask!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by craigb87

Guest khasscorpio

U cant recover ur phone back to life with that b175 as most of the y300 have versions higher thn ths. So ur update will fail if u do with b175. Update needs same or higher version of firmware. This is my limited experience :-)

Guest craigb87

Thanks for the replies. I have managed to unzip the official ROM from the link I put up, although sticking that on the SD card and using the phone to update fails.

What are my options? Am I going to be able to flash a stock ROM using ADB or something similar? Like I say I can get into recovery mode on the phone.

Thanks again

Guest jackosterman

Unlock your bootloader, install a custom recovery, flash a new ROM (there are stock options floating around here), make a backup, mess something up, restore your backup, think back in fond remembrance of Lou Reed.

The last few steps are optional.

Guest craigb87

That all sounds promising jackosterman! Could I trouble you in pointing me in the direction of more information/instructions on how to go about these things? I've read a lot in the last 12 hours and a lot of it is now blurring into one!

How do I go about unlocking the bootloader when the phone is in its current state? Did I read somewhere that I need some information from the phone to get a bootloader unlock code from huawei?

Guest craigb87

In all honesty I haven't got a clue!

I've just unlocked the bootloader though, does that mean I can now flash a custom ROM? Does that eliminate the need to know the original firmware version?

Guest craigb87

Thanks for the help guys. I've flashed TWRP and installed the FusionX ROM and it's working again! I may look at reverting to a stock ROM in the near future but I'm happy to have a usable phone again!

Well done! Sometimes it can be worrying if things don't go right.

Now you have Recovery the worlds your oyster!

I've tried a few of these:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/365268-all-custom-roms-for-huawei-ascend-y300g510/

I've stuck with B196 Slim V1 (by jordilopez94) V2 seems the best for my use.

I use CWM Recovery:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/365942-recovery-all-cwm-clockworkmod-recovery-v6044-cm-last-updated-2110/

Been using it for a few years now.

Edited by bick

Guest ragan_y

There is easiest way than clean instal if you get bootloop after changing some system files. You need adb installed on your computer and files from orginal system (you can get them from updateapp via repacker - firstly you get img files, then you need some img unpacker or get from someone nandroid backup and unpack this). You also should know what was changed before bootloop. Than:

1. If you have locked bootloader you should flash small update.app like when you start rooting (from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2290610) , if you have unlocked bootloader there is probably no need to use that

2. Go to recovery (no matter stock or custom)

3. Connect phone to PC

4. On pc run cmd and type adb shell

5 if you see line ended with # there all is ok. Use CTRL+C to back to cmd

6. Type:

adb remount system

adb push [destination of file you want to push from your pc for example C:/framework.res] [destinantion where file should go on device for example /system/framework]

7. If its not succes you can also try copy files to your sd. Than in cmd adb shell. Than you should mount your sdcard (i forgot command google it) and copy it to system with cp command.

And also this method of root is good for people like me. I don't want to loose warranty( in my country repair service provider use argument of soft modding often). Relocking bootloader before sending still leave some trace of unlocking. During unlocking bootloder DRM keys are deleted from hidden partition (forever - you can get them back, only if you make image of them before unlocking. But restoring process is even danger than flashing roms or make modyfication. It can really brick your phone with no return). Its really easy to check if your bootloader was unlocked and relocked. In same time, checking if there was root is almost impossible (if you flash stock they can only check how many times you flash your device).

Edited by ragan_y

Guest craigb87

Yeah bick I was thinking earlier about trying a few custom ROMs to see what's what!

I've only ever messed with an older version of android before and I've had boot loop so many times (on the same phone) but I've always been able to flash it with no problems. That was ages ago now though and I must admit I felt a bit out of my depth here.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andy From Ireland

hi there how did u get the password to unzip the file? - I have just downloaded B175 from Huawei website and its asking for password to extract the zip file. - Thanks.

..... I have managed to unzip the official ROM from the link I put up, ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...