[ROM][ZTE Skate] H3 Holo (Dolby Audio + Linaro optimized kernel + frandom + ROW I/O scheduler)

Guest H3ROS

Guest almera8

@ KorjnacaRade

I'll reupload it later today. I'll need to find my backup.

@ xander21

The great battery is the main reason, but it also outperforms the Nexus 4 which tends to sell on eBay for more than the Moto G.

The only thing I don't like is that there's no SD card slot, but there's a new version that does have an SD card slot and it also adds LTE.

New 8GB version (includes LTE and SD card slot) link

Old 8GB version link

Hello H3ROS,

I would love to try this ROM, were you able to find your backup and reupload somewhere?

Or does anyone else have a download link?

Edited by almera8

Guest juan_gonzalez

There is one problem installing Facebook apk from store, appears 498 error, it happen when it is not enough cache memory. The new facebook apk is about 39 mb, any solution? Perhaps a sdext script problem?. Thxs.

PD.: I changed dpi to 200. If DPI is on 240, facebook apk its only 18 mb, on 200 dpi is 39 mb. I reinstalled the room and I used Nitroglass 2.1 script and now It works like a charm on 200 dpi and 39 mb FB download error no appears, 

Edited by juan_gonzalez

Guest H3ROS

Hello H3ROS,

I would love to try this ROM, were you able to find your backup and reupload somewhere?

Or does anyone else have a download link?

Since Ubuntu one has shutdown I've now reuploaded everything to Google :)

Guest KorjnacaRade

Thanks for reuploading. I will give it a try as soon as i catch some free time.

Before that just to be sure :

According to disk-info this is my storage configuration:  (internal: 57.5MB cache / 200MB system / 162MB data), (external: 480MB sd-ext, ext3) , is that ok?Should it work on that partitions as they are, or do I have to somehow change partition sizes?

Edited by KorjnacaRade

Guest H3ROS

It should work. You can actually use a 150MB system partition with 2MB cache to get extra space.

When installing the ROM just make sure you format everything like in post #1 :)

Guest KorjnacaRade

Wow! My first impressions: I am not deaf, the sound output on previous rom was little low, wifi speed has tripled (from ~5Mbps to ~15Mbps ), everything is lighting fast, no need for link2sd, battery seems to last longer, auto brightness finally just work (no tedious setup needed), list goes on...
The only minor issue is battery indicator (no %) and bluish color of all indicators, but that's not a big deal.
Thank you very, very much...

Guest KorjnacaRade
LMT-Pie control (v2.0) app doesnt work. Sometimes it launch apps sometimes not, this is especially true for system apps like camera and keyboard. I doubt that it has to do with rom it self, its probably app problem.
For battery indication this app is more useful then suggested widgets, becouse indication is placed in status bar so it is always visible. It is free, does not require any strange permission, and it's open source: 
Hear is another similar app:

This rom has been very fast and even more important stable so far. Everything works as it should. I think i will stay on it it till the and of phone life :)

Guest H3ROS

@ KorjnacaRade

I'm sure older versions of LMT worked fine, but maybe that's changed over time.

Here's some alternatives:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2454531 (only version 1.0)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boatmob.floating.touch (used to be good but now has mixed reviews)

@ ousZTE

Do you have a lot of apps installed? If yes then use the file manager and go to system/etc/init.d/ and cut 09zipalign and paste it to your SD card.

The zipalign process can slow down boot time if you've got a large number of apps as it'll make sure that they're all optimized. If you're only downloading apps from the Play Store though then they should already be zipaligned.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest ousZTE

@ H3ROS

it doesn't work, it still booting for about 13mnt any other solution???
and also i'm having some occasional freezing and random reboots, and also on 3g data connection, the phone become VERY VERY VERY slow,lagy and non reactif

Guest H3ROS

There's nothing else that I can think of other than maybe your SD card is starting to die? If you're using an SD-EXT partition it'll use up more writes and over time things may become corrupt or slower to access and eventually it'll just stop working. It can also cause the random reboots.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xander21

Hi,

i just start to use Hangout on my laptop and it has drain battery on my phone.

Battery was empty after 15 hours when it was holding more than 24 hours before.

I tried to kill the task because i never needed to receive message on my phone but it was restarting itself each time.
I ended removing the update of the app and go back to Google Talk.

Is there any way to disable it when we don't need it to avoid battery loss ?

Thank you

Edited by xander21

Guest emilpoul

guys what should i type in terminal emulator to see my partition size . i dont remember , i have a long of time to change rom to my skate :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KorjnacaRade

I have been very satisfied with this rom, but noticed one minor problem, fmradio app doesn't work.
Volume +- hw buttons does not work, rds also does not work and sound output is to low to make it usable outside...
This is system app, so can you provide us original or some other working fm radio solution?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been very satisfied with this rom, but noticed one minor problem, fmradio app doesn't work.

Volume +- hw buttons does not work, rds also does not work and sound output is to low to make it usable outside...

This is system app, so can you provide us original or some other working fm radio solution?

The radio app should work. It's a compatible with a few ZTE devices :blink:

The audio buttons don't change the volume, but the circle around the frequency does. Just move your finger in a circle on the screen.

Guest KorjnacaRade

The radio app should work. It's a compatible with a few ZTE devices :blink:

The audio buttons don't change the volume, but the circle around the frequency does. Just move your finger in a circle on the screen.

Yes but as I said sound output (at the highest level) is to low to make it usable outside very quiet room, that is the main flawOn the street or any other place, where surrounding noise is large, it is impossible to listen.

Application from CyanogenMod 7.2.0 works great but unfortunately it is incompatible with the this rom, I've tried it.

If you, by any chance, have an fm radio app from stock or any other rom that is compatible with this one, please share it with us.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest xander21

Google Hangout isn't working for me.

It keeps crashing and restarting in loop.
I have delete the update to go back to the original app of the rom, Google Talk, but it's the same.
Does someone else has the problem ?

• 1 month later...
Guest xander21

As it should be, i have buy a new phone.
I was going to buy ZTE Blade S6 but I choose OnePlus One after recommendation of a friend.

I want to thank you H3ROS for this work on H3 Holo that I'm using since more than a year without serious problem.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my ZTE Skate since I'm going to take back the SD card.
If you have idea of reconversion or ROM change, don't hesitate to propose.

Guest sakiboj

I have problem with sync. It is always on even I turned it off. This started to happen in last few days. Sync icon is always on top. Does anyone knows how to fix this? I even did fresh install and it is same again.

Guest PoP*92

when i used this rom i had to have same problem and i downloaded this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.curvefish.widgets.autosynconoff

and i fix this problem but i had to have other isues with apps crashing and restarting when someone call me and restartin by self even i dont do nothing and i make my version of rom and i am using him for some time and i dont have any isue what i have with this rom here link if u want to try: http://www.modaco.com/topic/374553-rom-stock-235-with-working-a2sd-script/ it is stock rom debranded from zte-skate site and i make little modifications for a2sd script to work.... nothing crashing and nothing brking and nothing doing by his slef... ;)

Guest H3ROS

I can't comment on sync or app issues at this point. I stopped using my Skate a long time ago and no doubt app support is awful now that most apps require you to be running at least Jelly Bean.

This ROM has built in SD-EXT support, so if you've got the partition created then it'll automatically make use of it. It's better than A2SD.

1. Apply the 150MB system with a 2MB cache TPT (turn off the phone, remove the battery, put the battery back in and then power on while holding Vol+ and the menu button)

2. Go to CWM and create a 1GB SD-EXT partition (swap size set to 0)

3. Perform a factory reset and format the system partition (and the SD-EXT partition if you already had one)

4. Install H3 Holo

I've got to say that this has probably been my favorite project. As far as conversion mods go I think I did an okay job :)

Edited by H3ROS

• 4 weeks later...
Guest PoP*92

u did amaizing job with all of your roms and i love it h3 holo and h3 blue but i noticed that all roms from all devs have some isue with non responding when someone dails u or with sinc or some other problem exept stock (nothing changed) rom. and i come with idea that i make one but i stuck on makind a2sd scrit work correctly... if anyone knows how to fix this problem send me a msg pls....