[ROM][ZTE Skate] H3 Holo (Dolby Audio + Linaro optimized kernel + frandom + ROW I/O scheduler)

Guest H3ROS

Guest johnny07mdc

Thought i would try for couple of days and then go back to ROOTBOX,

Amazing ROM H3ROS nice to have camera flash again and loving the speed think i am going to keep

for now.

Great work and the best gingerbread ROM i ever try makes my skate feel like a new phone.

Thanks for all your hard work,

@everybody - you got to give this one a try :P :P :P

@ poludeli_kaktus

@ radashin

What are your APN details? If I knew what they were then I could include them in an update.

@ johnny07mdc

Thank you.

I know the ROM taken me a while as I wasn't constantly working on it, but it's nice to know people see the attention to detail that was put into it. And I'm still not "done". There's still things I can improve on based on suggestions (within reason, so for example, I can't make it even smoother since there is no project butter).

Guest xander21

There is something strange with swype keyboard.
It doesn't work for words with apostrophe in the middle.
I was used to write the word ignoring the apostrophe and it was coorecting it but on your version it doesn't correct it.
I don't know if this also do it in english but in french it does.

There is something strange with swype keyboard.

It doesn't work for words with apostrophe in the middle.

I was used to write the word ignoring the apostrophe and it was coorecting it but on your version it doesn't correct it.

I don't know if this also do it in english but in french it does.

I know that typing letters after it won't space and that if you swipe it will space. Also auto-correction is something I disable, since it often doesn't change the word to what I want.

The OEM version of Swype is old, so it has a few minor issues, but it takes less memory to run and uses googles voice to text instead of their own.

@ RogyHyde

I believe it links in with DRM downloads. It's part of stock ROM's, so it's included just so nothings broken.

It's been running fine for a few days now, but the only two problems seem to be that there's constantly a notification telling me to install a torch app that won't ever leave and the media volume for earphones is too damn high even on the first level, which is the usual stock ROM thing  - could that be fixed?

post-988741-0-23028900-1383586751_thumb.

Edited by HeikoH

It's been running fine for a few days now, but the only two problems seem to be that there's constantly a notification telling me to install a torch app that won't ever leave and the media volume for earphones is too damn high even on the first level, which is the usual stock ROM thing  - could that be fixed?

1: because of a app you installed , a really bad app with ads

2:disable Dolby audio in Sound settings when you plug in headphones! i always do that.

1. Oh, I didn't wipe my sd-ext and thought it had to be something with the new ROM, but I'll check my apps.

2. Thanks for that, it seems to be working much better now!

Does this rom support focaltech digitizer, because i changed mine today and it doesnt work?

All kernel links in cecos thread are dead.

The kernel is built off of the C3C0 source with added features, performance improvements etc. I didn't add any extra support for other digitizers though.

Guest WiiSky70

Too bad i can't test it anymore :(

I just sold my Monte Carlo for 65 Euros and i got a new BQ Aquaris 5 which my opinion not only looks great but it also has good specs for it's price . Well it costed me 210 Euros on FNAC .

So maybe i guess it's better to say goodbye to this community , altought i will continue to keep in touch with your projects and roms that (if) they are comming from devs like H3ROS or others .

Thanks for all your support guys :) GG.

Guest kamango604
 Thanks very much!

The kernel is built off of the C3C0 source with added features, performance improvements etc. I didn't add any extra support for other digitizers though.

My mistake, I bought a digitizer named "onechip"(never heard of), today i replaced it with focaltech one and it works. Seems like there are more than 3 manufacturers.

I'm seeing talk on the Spanish forum about switching kernels, so I'll clear that up here.

My kernel is built from C3C0's S2 source, but with added features, fixes and performance enhancements. Changing to the S2 kernel or any other kernel won't improve your battery and may actually cause it to drain even quicker.

Settings within the ROM itself need to be changed and that's what I'm currently testing. I'm making a change each day and then benchmarking my battery to see how long it lasts. When I've finished testing things if I've found settings that help to improve battery life then I'll release an over the air update so that everyone can benefit from the it.

I'm seeing talk on the Spanish forum about switching kernels, so I'll clear that up here.

My kernel is built from C3C0's S2 source, but with added features, fixes and performance enhancements. Changing to the S2 kernel or any other kernel won't improve your battery and may actually cause it to drain even quicker.

Settings within the ROM itself need to be changed and that's what I'm currently testing. I'm making a change each day and then benchmarking my battery to see how long it lasts. When I've finished testing things if I've found settings that help to improve battery life then I'll release an over the air update so that everyone can benefit from the it.

I'm spanish, and have to say battery life is really great for me

It's great for me too, better than any CM or Android 4.x ROM, but a few people (2 - 3) seem to be having issues so I'm going to do what I can to see if I can improve my battery life even more in hope that it also fixes things for them.

What I was warning people about here is that if they switch the kernel to something else then you lose the features, fixes and performance enhancements. That means that the CPU could stay at a higher frequency for longer than it would with my kernel, which in turn will drain your battery quicker.

Currently the ROM's setup so that when you're in deep sleep the battery status isn't updated as often. That means that when you power on the screen and use the device for a few minutes the battery may appear to drop a little quicker than usual, but then it'll balance itself out again. So it may look like it's using battery fast, but really it's not.

The one thing I hear a lot of people saying is that they find the ROM to be very fast, and that's something I'm really happy about as I put a fair amount of time into making this the fastest GB ROM for the Skate. Having said that, I'm still open to peoples suggestions when it comes to improving things even more.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest cyberke

H3ROS I can say that the battery life for this rom is real very good. I think that the people with problems just wait a few days till the battery is calibrated or just buy a new battery.

Anyway I have already 2 years the same battery and this rom uses only 10% of my battery during a day.

Edited by cyberke

It's about the same for me, depending on what I'm doing.

I'm about to replicate one guys setup and benchmark my battery that way. If I improve the battery life from doing that then it'll benefit yourself and myself even more.

@ HTCmania forums

A 150MB system with a 2MB cache can be used for this ROM.

You don't need to install any scripts such as nitroglass. The ROM's well tuned and handles SD-EXT partitions itself.

Also as I explained yesterday, I recommend that you don't change the kernel. It could make the battery life worse.

Guest Titan777
Hi, I wanted to congratulate H3ROS for this rom fantastic, it really is exceptional.

Someone please tell me if the SFR version is for SanFrancisco2/Blade or if in general the H3 Holo I can install it on Blade (same hardware).

hi, HTCMania of Spain Forum so if I translation is not correct, sorry I use the google translator, said that thanks to the creator of the rom as it is very fast, thanks, now I have a question, my TPT is 35 megs of cache, because I appear 64 megs of cache, where did these megs go? , All the ram?, Thanks and greetings.