[Requesting] Android 4.4 Kitkat

Guest zsolt64555

Guest vladandrei51

"Android 4.4 KitKat removes unnecessary background services and reduces the memory consumption to a large extent, which now allows the OS to run smoothly even on devices with 512MB RAM"

Sorry, but in my opinion this is bullshit, Google will never release a "lighter" version of android because of marketing purposes, hardware requirements are higher => people buy more  powerful(expensive) phones => smartphones manufacturers get to make new phones that people buy => every1 profit of it (google and manufacturers).

If the required specs are getting lower people won't buy new smartphones =>  the manufacturers and Google get no money from it...

And also, I have 2 devices that I'm currently running kitkat on and the ram consumption/performance wise is the same as the older versions of android.

Guest TayoOnabule

Sorry, but in my opinion this is bullshit, Google will never release a "lighter" version of android because of marketing purposes, hardware requirements are higher => people buy more powerful(expensive) phones => smartphones manufacturers get to make new phones that people buy => every1 profit of it (google and manufacturers).

If the required specs are getting lower people won't buy new smartphones => the manufacturers and Google get no money from it...

And also, I have 2 devices that I'm currently running kitkat on and the ram consumption/performance wise is the same as the older versions of android.

I see your point, but I disagree. Google stands to benefit a lot more if their OS is able to run on cheaper phones. Cheaper devices are bound to be more popular in a 2nd/3rd world countries where an s4 or a N5 is simply too expensive. A lighter OS opens up that market completely, meaning app developers can get their apps further round the world... You get the idea. Benefits for everyone.

The fact that we may benefit from android becoming 'lighter' isn't specifically Google's aim though. But that doesn't really matter

Sorry, but in my opinion this is bullshit, Google will never release a "lighter" version of android because of marketing purposes, hardware requirements are higher => people buy more  powerful(expensive) phones => smartphones manufacturers get to make new phones that people buy => every1 profit of it (google and manufacturers).

If the required specs are getting lower people won't buy new smartphones =>  the manufacturers and Google get no money from it...

I see your point, but I disagree. Google stands to benefit a lot more if their OS is able to run on cheaper phones. Cheaper devices are bound to be more popular in a 2nd/3rd world countries where an s4 or a N5 is simply too expensive. A lighter OS opens up that market completely, meaning app developers can get their apps further round the world... You get the idea. Benefits for everyone.

The fact that we may benefit from android becoming 'lighter' isn't specifically Google's aim though. But that doesn't really matter

In addition, a ligther OS runs better on high end devices too. So is not that 'bullshit'