KitKat

Guest nxkealen

Guest Balerion

No, it can not be used like daily rom becouse scrooling in browser and in all other aplikations is very very bad.

Apart from the browser, which can be replaced with chrome, scrolling isnt laggy in other apps, on the contrary it is very smooth. :)

I use it as a daily rom and I'm very satisfied with it, Dazz did a very good job for an experimental rom. Kudos to him

Guest subbrn2

Apart from the browser, which can be replaced with chrome, scrolling isnt laggy in other apps, on the contrary it is very smooth. :)

I use it as a daily rom and I'm very satisfied with it, Dazz did a very good job for an experimental rom. Kudos to him

+1

Guest jiri.bati.novak

Very nice work indeed, using as daily ROM gives me no troubles, and I am very impressed with snappiness of system and apps, apart from one glitch, which is that when using hangouts and taking a picture to send, there is "photo not found" toast and apparently the camera does not save the picture taken... ah well, if every experimental version is like this, world would be a nice place to live :D

thanks Dazz and keep up the good work :)

Guest Balerion

Bug: In Google Play Music is not showing album pictures.

I was about to report that bug too, it is quite a shame now that album pictures can be shown on lockscreen when listening to music. But im sure that in time it will get fixed. :)

Edited by Balerion

Use Album Art Grabber, it's working on lockscreen too.
p.s. do some search before bug report

edit: you must also clean data at settings/apps/play music

Edited by nikbos

Guest Balerion

What do you guys think of the battery life? In comparison with the not so "older Cm's versions".

For me it is better than that of the CM 10.2. I get an average of 4hours of screen time (with my 2G connection always activated - sometimes my 3G too).

Guest Meglestus

What do you guys think of the battery life? In comparison with the not so "older Cm's versions".

I used to have CM 10.1, it gave me 10 hours batery max.

Now I am having 24 hours minimum with more use, 3g,wifi and screen on for at least 6 hours and still doesn't drain as fast as CM 10.2.

Guest wards5150

Battery life is the best it ever has been with this rom. I got 2 days out of a full charge. Used the phone a lot. Can't comment in 3g though but hammered the WiFi.

Guest u8815-15

HI, guys on czech android forum (http://androidforum.cz/topic49855.html) tried this ROM. I´m waiting for finish of download.

Their experiences:

Video record dont work

Browser dont work As rado9 says, browser works, but there are scrolling lags.

Notification bar is not transparent but black

After boot there is about 200Mb free RAM

Some settings is missing

Can´t choose default storage (sd card/inside)

Its very fast, youtube videos in HQ without any lags

You must use CWM 6.0.4 R7(http://g300.thebronasium.com/recovery/recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-u8815-R7.zip) or newer, TWRP is not working

Read all of the KitKat post dissicussion if  you can please, it won't hurt to know more....

Especially when the hynix issue is out there.

PS. I haven't flashed this yet

Edited by u8815-15

It´s old post, and I dont know what do you want now? Yes, It ´s the 3.4 kernel, so there can be the hynix issue, but In last release of CWM it should be fixed.

Edited by Guest

Guest Meglestus

How about the free ram?, it's like GB ?, is good for multi-tasking?.

thx.

I am not sure of the free RAM, because I am unable to find it.

I hope it is like GB but can't judge because my phone never even had GB on it.

As for your last question (wich I can anwser): The multi tasking works GREAT as long as you don't use a lot of apps (5 or more) at the same time.

Guest Balerion

After 60ish hours without a reboot my free ram was always 150MB+ which is absolutely amazing considering that on CM 10.2 after a day of use my free ram was 80-60MB!! I had to reboot my phone 2 hours ago because for some reason google now was eating my battery while the phone was idle (the reboot fixed the problem) and now my free ram is 180MB. So yeah, ram management on kitkat is amazing!

EDIT: Not to mention that multitasking is now possible, apps are now actually staying in cache making switching between apps a joy! :)

Edited by Balerion

Guest balsier

Hey, just tried it for 2 days, bricked my G300 Hynix today. I was testing to see if did brick and here's the proof, could be something pontual, but Hynix Owners you have been warned.
Despite the brick I'm left with, great job dazzozo and a very smooth experience, I hope one day the Hynix fever will be cured.

Edited by balsier