KitKat

Guest nxkealen

Guest marcioo

Hey, just tried it for 2 days, bricked my G300 Hynix today. I was testing to see if did brick and here's the proof, could be something pontual, but Hynix Owners you have been warned.

Despite the brick I'm left with, great job dazzozo and a very smooth experience, I hope one day the Hynix fever will be cured.

Thanks for your warning ;)

Guest Salamin1

Hey, just tried it for 2 days, bricked my G300 Hynix today. I was testing to see if did brick and here's the proof, could be something pontual, but Hynix Owners you have been warned.

Despite the brick I'm left with, great job dazzozo and a very smooth experience, I hope one day the Hynix fever will be cured.

badword, I hope it wasn't because of the hynix :(

Guest Dovahpig
Hey, just tried it for 2 days, bricked my G300 Hynix today. I was testing to see if did brick and here's the proof, could be something pontual, but Hynix Owners you have been warned. Despite the brick I'm left with, great job dazzozo and a very smooth experience, I hope one day the Hynix fever will be cured.
Working with the latest recovery + kitkat on my g300 with hynix memory for three days now. No problems. Edited by Dovahpig

Guest balsier

Working with the latest recovery + kitkat on my g300 with hynix memory for three days now. No problems.

I was using the two as well freshly installed, no modifications done, no overclocking of any sort, He just died there in my pocket, 3 weeks after returning from warranty

Working with the latest recovery + kitkat on my g300 with hynix memory for three days now. No problems.

My advice. For sure never put batteries out. The risk that the device does not turn on by then.My device died up to 7 days. When I use kernel 3.4

Guest Dovahpig

Is the dying problem related to recovery or rom? Its the recovery then it could be possible to flash kitkat with newest recovery then just downgrade recovery to some older version?

Guest Salamin1

Is the dying problem related to recovery or rom? Its the recovery then it could be possible to flash kitkat with newest recovery then just downgrade recovery to some older version?

I think it's the kernel, not the recovery. Do you still have cm11? Please report if something happens

Guest Dovahpig

Yesterday i switched to older recovery and CM7. Dont want to take any risks since its the wifes phone. But kitkat worked on hynix chips for 3-4 days with no problems.

Guest drama20050202

Can we make the status bar translucent? 

To enable transparent status bar you need to remove this line "ro.config.low_ram=true" from system/build.prop file and install Google experience launcher or latest beta of Nova launcher. 

Found this on XDA forum for Galaxy S1 i9000 ..will this work for us?

4 days on experimental 4.4 , all good for now , samsung flash. And man , go to sleep when long press menu softkey? Briliant:X Can't wait for release:X

Tried to flash the experimental kitkat rom and I get this error: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed. E:Error in /sdcard/cm-11-2013-EXPERIMENTAL-beepbeep-u8815.zip. (Status 7)

Any ideas?

Guest drama20050202

It works, if you restart youre phone (which I didn't do at first)

If you modify valueswith Build.prop Editor , it will let you know that you need to restart the phone to aplly the changes :P  :)

Now can we get Google Now when we slide to right in homescreen?  :wacko:

Edited by drama20050202

Anyone experiencing random reboots when phone at load? For me it is getting annoying.

And another thing: when I use File Manager app, and scroll trough, my phone stutters, but after installing bidza”s mod, it does not stutter anymore...

Guest Meglestus

Anyone experiencing random reboots when phone at load? For me it is getting annoying.

And another thing: when I use File Manager app, and scroll trough, my phone stutters, but after installing bidza”s mod, it does not stutter anymore...

I have not heard anyone complain about random reboots, it might me because the install was not completely correct.

Try wiping whole phone, reinstall (install other rom, and then put cm11 onto it) , see if it fixes it.

If it doesn't I wouldn't know any solutions :(

I will try that, thank you for your answer. I get a lot of those random reboots, even if my bootloader is unlocked officialy. I think this will be an awesome ROM when it will be ready.

Guest Balerion
If you modify valueswith Build.prop Editor , it will let you know that you need to restart the phone to aplly the changes :P :)Now can we get Google Now when we slide to right in homescreen? :wacko:
Install the Google Experience Launcher and you'll get the 'swipe right for google now' feature.

Worked:) thanx :p

It works, if you restart youre phone (which I didn't do at first)
Does the translucent status bar cause lag as Dazzo said? I would try it myself but Im on my phone and my data plan doesnt allow me to watch that video :p Edited by Balerion

Guest Meglestus

Does the translucent status bar cause lag as Dazzo said? I would try it myself but Im on my phone and my data plan doesnt allow me to watch that video :P

It does cause MAYOR lag as Dazzo said, I turned it of immediately when I got it on, the phone just starts to stutter like you had with JB.

So it is not something I would advice to turn on...

Guest Salamin1

Yesterday i switched to older recovery and CM7. Dont want to take any risks since its the wifes phone. But kitkat worked on hynix chips for 3-4 days with no problems.

Yeah it's risky if we are not 100% sure it's safe. How does the rom compare to cm7?

Thanks for trying it with hynix

Guest Dovahpig

Yeah it's risky if we are not 100% sure it's safe. How does the rom compare to cm7?

Thanks for trying it with hynix

Cm7 is superfast with plenty of ram available. Currently im in progress of making superslim version of cm7 with almost 280mb of free ram available after first boot.

Guest Meglestus

Cm7 is superfast with plenty of ram available. Currently im in progress of making superslim version of cm7 with almost 280mb of free ram available after first boot.

This doesn't anwser the question, is it better than cm11 at this point? 

Guest Salamin1
Thanks! That superslim version would be great, I have some problems with the current cm7, but probably yours works fine. Tell us when it's ready! :) Edited by Salamin1