[AOSPA:Android4.3.1] Paranoid 3.99 RC2

Guest theGUR96

Guest TangerineTractor

+1 do u guys think it's any better than cm10.2 ?

I found it a little "heavy" and bloated - too much stuff on it that I don't want/need - the gapps package has loads of stuff I dont want and had to remove, I don't want halo or pie (that's what the buttons are for) and the tiny font in the settings is just irritating. There is no option to display battery percent in the status bar except for using the circle display, which isn;t compatible with most themes. Had one reboot during installation but nothing since - but it just didnt feel smooth or quick.

I found it a little "heavy" and bloated - too much stuff on it that I don't want/need - the gapps package has loads of stuff I dont want and had to remove, I don't want halo or pie (that's what the buttons are for) and the tiny font in the settings is just irritating. There is no option to display battery percent in the status bar except for using the circle display, which isn;t compatible with most themes. Had one reboot during installation but nothing since - but it just didnt feel smooth or quick.

thanks for quick response, ok then i just stick with my cm10.2 :P i'm loving it, very smooth and stable aside from video playing

Guest moochermick

I agree also the keyboard was constantly crashing so couldn't sign in (or anything else) and i couldn't find any kind of file manager.

Shame because i would have liked to play with it a while, may try again when I've got more time.

Guest bogdanwp

Yes i flashed back my back-up because i couldn`t import my .vcf contacts from sd-card. I`ve seen a few roms that have this and i don`t know why but usually i just open the .vcf from the file manager and it works but i couldn`t here because there`s no file manager and i never keep spare apps on the phone and i don`t use any of gapps because they are just to heavy on the system for the 1-2 times that i need to access google play. 

Guest kripticmc

I will have to try any reboots ? And how's performance/gaming

It was good on both for a while but got really laggy after couple of days

What's jelly beer like you tried it

Edited by kripticmc

Guest danny19901

It was good on both for a while but got really laggy after couple of days

Oh shame I was gonna download and try so far it seems anything other than CM seems to have issues like PAC and paranoid

Guest lucap00

I changed ROM on my y300, I left cm 10.2 and I installed this ROM. It's my first paranoid experience infact I have a question: is it possible resize the floating window( the halo popup)? Sorry for my bad English

Edited by lucap00

Guest lucap00
Back button and Menu button doesn't work for me :\
They work great on mine. Test to use navigation bar on screen. Anyway, someone gas an answer at my question? Edited by lucap00

Damn fast with Nova. So sad, the youtube videos are pixelated....... :(

Edit : my voice echoing during the phone call...

Edited by Sigray

• 2 months later...
Guest ragnapunk

wew To complete the installion and to make Halo work you'll need to install pa_gapps, and after installing there is NO WIFI OR BLUETOOTH, but the Paranoid ROM works well ALONE no bugs but after upgrading and installing the pa_gapps(to many bugs) made it worst? LOL anyways here are the other links to the roms dnt know if this is the source

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1794562

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2413543

• 2 weeks later...