Screen comes on when plugged in or unplugged?

Guest TescoHudl

Guest TescoHudl

Why does the screen on my Hudl come on every time i plug the device into a power source? I don't think it was doing it when i first bought the Hudl, so i'm curious as to whether anyone else has the issue?

It's annoying because i'll plug the Hudl into the electricity to charge it up, and come back three hours later and discover the screen has been on the whole time, even though it was clearly off before i closed the case and inserted the power cable.

The worst bit is when you unplug the device and leave it on the table, because as soon as the cable comes out, the screen comes on by itself. This of course, drains the battery without me realising it until i go to use the Hudl again and find that all the juice has gone.

I know you can set the screen to power off after a certain time in the settings app, but the screen shouldn't really be coming on at all.

I'm guessing i've hit a button by accident in the settings or something, but i obviously don't know that for sure.

Any ideas?

Guest greyrider

Pretty sure mine used untill I took all the Tesco stuff off, now it flashes the star, briefly displays the charging animation and then falls asleep. My wife's phone does what you're seeing and it's become habit to just pause and then turn the screen back off. Settings/display will give you screen time out options.Maybe it's the  charger, I don't use the  Hudl one?? Or it's that you've ticked stay awake in developer settings - the keyboard is pants, BTW, where's the rotten Tab key?

Edited by greyrider

Screen powering on when the charger is plugged in or unplugged is the default behaviour in Android. I'm not sure that you can actually change this, although I think I've seen an Xposed module capable of doing it. Not sure which one though.

Guest menace1944

Screen powering on when the charger is plugged in or unplugged is the default behaviour in Android. I'm not sure that you can actually change this, although I think I've seen an Xposed module capable of doing it. Not sure which one though.

The Gravitybox module allows this behaviour to be changed.

Guest TescoHudl

The Gravitybox module allows this behaviour to be changed.

Awesome! I have Gravitybox installed already, so this should be a pretty easy fix. :)