CyanogenMod11

Guest linfengjie

Guest linfengjie

CM 11 initialization: Status Update

Those vigilant followers of our Github will notice that we have begun the initial push of CM 11 (Android 4.4 KitKat) branches and code to our repositories.

Stop, take a breath

The manifest for the completed push is not up yet and will be the last item we push to Github. This effectively means while you can sync individual projects, you cannot yet repo init (at least not without some manual intervention).

We anticipate this process to take the bulk of today, and will provide a status update when the manifest is up and the chaos fun can begin en masse.

A lot of our features survived the jump, while a handful didn't. Our next steps will be to work on bringing up the items that didn't merge cleanly (assuming we need them anymore). Notable items impacted here are Trebuchet, Phone app and Lockscreen.

Guest Snap.IT

Hey KonStat where you stand with the work on the new version of CyanogenMod 11 and Android 4.4?

Looking at legacymod it seems like he's working on it, since he has left the forum except for just publishing his work you will likely just find a thread with it one day.

There are quite a few changes though so it's not as easy as  the transition from 10.1-10.2.

There is a downside to treating devs like crap, eventually they will just not be around at all.

Guest KonstaT

Hardware video decoding doesn't work (encoding does). Stock browser is still broken thanks to new Chromium WebView introduced in KitKat. Haven't even tried to make FM radio work yet. Dozens of smaller issues, other than that - all working fine. :) I'm not even using it as my daily driver yet (even though it's getting quite close that I could) so it's still a long way to go.

post-834050-0-49889700-1383931270_thumb.

Guest KonstaT
You clearly have completely wrong expectations. MSM7x27A as a platform has EOL'd with Android 4.1. ZTE didn't even take this device that far and left it with ICS (without 3.4 kernel and no ION). Limitations that we've had with previous Android versions still remain exactly the same (deprecated display & media).

Any advertised platform optimizations for low memory devices Google made for KitKat are meant for future entry level devices. It's not going to make legacy devices somewhow magically amazing again. Guidelines for running Android with low RAM includes things that have already been available in previous CyanogenMod versions (e.g. use of KSM and zRAM).

Guest plantroon

...MSM7x27A as a platform has EOL'd with Android 4.1. ZTE didn't even take this device that far and left it with ICS (without 3.4 kernel and no ION). Limitations that we've had with previous Android versions still remain exactly the same (deprecated display & media)...

Is there any way to force ZTE to do that ?

Guest Something Wierd

I don't think so.We had to wait half a year,I think,to get them to release this kernel's source,even though they ware obligated to make them public from the day this phone was released.There is no way that they will show any interest about this.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Let's do this! :P or how about spamming them with e-mails? They can't ignore us :(

Heh, nice idea, but f you really think its worth the hassle for them to just have you executed by shooting squadron and send the bill for the bullet to your family then go right ahead! Personally, I'd rather try my luck in a courtroom... They *did* just flout their obligations now didn't they...

Let's do this! :P or how about spamming them with e-mails? They can't ignore us :(

Yes they can. I wrote to the Hungarian ZTE about a JB update or kernel on facebook in july, and they answered that: "An update is on the way, we are working on it." But after 2 weeks, they said, they aren't planning any OS update to Blade 3 anymore...

Edited by fleky

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Yes they can. I wrote to the Hungarian ZTE about a JB update or kernel on facebook in july, and they answered that: "An update is on the way, we are working on it." But after 2 weeks, they said, they aren't planning any OS update to Blade 3 anymore...

^^

Flip-flop bureaucracy.

/wonders if ZTE bother with calendars and clocks in their offices?

I'd hate to think what they'd be like if they weren't a multinational company. Bloody shambles probably.

• 1 month later...