Installing CM 10.2 on Huawei y300

Guest fartfire

Guest fartfire

Sorry if this thread may look like others but I have wasted over four hours and still haven't figured out how to install CM 10.2. I have googled and searched here and there but I keep on coming to dead ends.

I have rooted my device ages ago and I have TWRP installed albeit its 2.5 Version.I have the following downloaded ;-

1. TWRP 2.6 [hopefully the latest verison] from http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/166
  2. CM 10.2 from http://www.modaco.com/topic/365931-jb-431-cyanogenmod-102-rom-all-nightly-builds-available/

I believe it is all I need to install CM 10.2. How do I update TWRP 2.6? I have 2.5 installed. I don't get how to do the fastbootloader method. I have superSU and goo.manager installed.

Goo.manager doesn't even have openrecovery script option in the /dev/ section of the mobile but it does on the PC! I'm so confused.

I think I know how to install CM 10.2 [go to install part in TWRP and search for zip file] but I don't want to do it before updating it TWRP.

Edited by fartfire

How did you install twrp 2.5 without fastboot method???:huh::huh::huh: Using Huawei-y300.tumblr.com method???? You miss something about last paragraph :p:p wiping everything.

Edited by Master-S

Guest fartfire

OK. I think I figured out how to install 2.6. The google doc page was really confusing how to install. Going to backup after I manage to get 2.6 working because if I brick it,i can hopefully restore it.

For others at https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7oMj_IS38vfQmpEZUVFdmxqZkU/edit?usp=sharing click on File -> Download  to get the zip file.

Guest Hassams

Developer of cm10.2 recommends latest CWM recovery, link is available in the cm10.2 thread. Download the flashable zip of the recovery, put it into your SD card reboot into your current recovery now flash the new CWM recovery go back to reboot and tap reboot into recovery. Here you go now you have a compatible recovery to flash cm10.2. Now format/wipe all the partitions (factory format, wipe cache partition, format system, format cust, wipe dalvik cache), all done now you can now flash any ROM including cm10.2. Make backup before doing anything, after a clean flash of cm10.2 you can restore your data/settings from your previously made backups by using nandroid manager from playstore.

Edited by Hassams

Guest fartfire

How did you install twrp 2.5 without fastboot method??? :huh::huh: :huh: Using Huawei-y300.tumblr.com method???? You miss something about last paragraph :P:p wiping everything.

What do you mean whiping? I have the latest TWRP installed. Now hopefully CM 10.2 might get installed using it. Why would I need to whip?

Guest Hassams

What do you mean whiping? I have the latest TWRP installed. Now hopefully CM 10.2 might get installed using it. Why would I need to whip?

Before flashing you need to wipe( erase system & all data) in TWRP recovery go to wipe--> advance wipe--> check all except SD card and swipe the slide to wipe all.

Note: make backup before doing anything.

Guest fartfire

Before flashing you need to wipe( erase system & all data) in TWRP recovery go to wipe--> advance wipe--> check all except SD card and swipe the slide to wipe all.

Note: make backup before doing anything.

Thanks. Will it format my sd card? Because I have made backup on it and made backup of all my apps using TitaniumBackup

Hey guys the google play store link is dead on the CM 10.2 page. Where can I get it now?

Edited by fartfire

Guest Hassams

Thanks. Will it format my sd card? Because I have made backup on it and made backup of all my apps using TitaniumBackup

Hey guys the google play store link is dead on the CM 10.2 page. Where can I get it now?

As i said don't check SD card from the wiping list.

You can get updated gapps from here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2387878

[GAPPS][Android 4.3][20130821] Latest Gapps Package (Full/Minimal)

Guest Hassams
Hey ok but which one do I check for formating ? micrso sdcard or sd ext? they look the same.
Don't check micro SD. Also don't check internal storage if you don't wanna erase data from internal storage. Edited by Hassams

Guest fartfire

Don't check micro SD. Also don't check internal storage if you don't wanna erase data from internal storage.

Thanks I managed to install it. Didn't like CM 10.2 because the battery bar looked ugly and it didn't feel that much high res, clear resolution look. It felt everything to be jagged and low res. 

TWRP restore worked wonderfully.

Guest danny19901

Thanks I managed to install it. Didn't like CM 10.2 because the battery bar looked ugly and it didn't feel that much high res, clear resolution look. It felt everything to be jagged and low res.

TWRP restore worked wonderfully.

You can change battery icon / bar its in settings in cm part of features under themes

Guest fartfire

You can change battery icon / bar its in settings in cm part of features under themes

Thanks I just did that, its looks beautiful now! CM 10.2 is the best ROM. lol

Guest danny19901

Thanks I just did that, its looks beautiful now! CM 10.2 is the best ROM. lol

No problem glad to help also if you download themes you can fully give a new makeover I have 4.4 kitkat android theme

Guest fartfire

No problem glad to help also if you download themes you can fully give a new makeover I have 4.4 kitkat android theme

I want to have a totally non stock look. Right now enjoying Ubuntu theme. I really like the orange touch.

Guest Harald Sommer

Just got the nightly buils from 09-11-2013 on my Y300-100. and it looks great.

Good directions.

Just one problem, got 1 reboot when connected via usb transfering music. But no biggy.

Great work.