[Updated!] Good bye, hudl; it is time to leave you :)

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Well, after 5+ weeks of fun and hacking, it is time for me and my lovely hudl to part. I am moving on to my next project (back to Raspberry Pi hacking) and I need a decent (Logitech C920) webcam to make screencasts / teardowns with, and since I cannot afford that without selling the hudl,the hudl needs to go.

To be honest, the most work it's ever done, is to contribute towards the hacks on Modaco - I use it only twice a day - once at night to watch YouTube videos in bed, and then as soon as I wake up, to check email before arising - hardly a justifiable reason for keeping it, in my view - both of these can be done on other devices, and checking email from my bed IS NOT necessary at ALL! :P

So, it's being sold. Thank you for all the fun we've had folks. I'll see you all in the near future, I'm sure :)

God bless you, and thanks.

PS:

If I can raise donations of £65 on here, I'd keep the hudl and carry on working with it. £65 is the amount that I need for the Logitech C920 webcam I need for making tech tutorials and screencasts, so if anyone has other ideas, I'll gladly consider those too :) (I've done A LOT of webcam research for the last week).

Many thanks.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest greyrider

What? And here's me sat waiting your first Hudl ROM! Poo!

No worries, thanks for the posts, lots of food for thought....enjoy, wherever it takes you

Guest glossywhite

gutted glossy white, you've been a big driver behind the the hudl!

good luck with you new ventures though

Well if I can raise donations of £65 on here, I'd keep the hudl and carry on working with it. If that's a possibility, I will hold off selling it.

Guest dfsbw4sfsbef23

Apologies, but what exactly have you done for the community that would warrant donations?

From quick read of the first page of this forum section all you seem to have done is:

Spam the place with rule breaking sale offers.

I have a hudl for sale. It is a reasonable price. Please PM me, thank you.

Buy the hudl :) - it's cheap (if you buy from me, as I am selling mine ;))

Bitch about the admins.

Love the way the mods appear at random, after being almost invisible for weeks on end.

Ask other people to do things for you.

And for GNU+Linux?

I thought this image was to restore the hudl to factory state? It does not.

Post gifs.

Just found the beautiful Nexus 5 "bootanimation.zip" and flashed it to my hudl... and it looks superb!

And post a "really" useful youtube version of something that could easily be described with text.

So now you want donations so you can carry on "working" on it? Seriously?

Guest glossywhite

Apologies, but what exactly have you done for the community that would warrant donations?

From quick read of the first page of this forum section all you seem to have done is:

Spam the place with rule breaking sale offers.

Bitch about the admins.

Ask other people to do things for you.

Post gifs.

And post a "really" useful youtube version of something that could easily be described with text.

So now you want donations so you can carry on "working" on it? Seriously?

Hello "Mr 1 post" - I didn't *demand* donations, it was a simple suggestion to benefit me and the community - I'd get to carry on hacking it for the benefit of others, beyond my window of interest in the project, which has been all but abandoned by Paul etc (probably because of personal matters, being busy with life.. it happens, not an accusation). Sadly I've sold it due to financial issues, having contributed a lot of hard work and personal time in this device (have you?). Hardly your position or right to sit in judgement really - please do not do yourself the disservice of assuming the role of morality police, especially looking at how long YOU have been here, and based upon what YOU have contributed.

Way to go, making uninformed judgements in your FIRST EVER post - that's a great impression... and a bad reputation is speedily earned, but hard to repair!

Edited by glossywhite