Moto G £99 / £129 from Tesco

Guest yorksims

Guest yorksims

As per the title,Tesco are selling the 8GB Moto G for £99.00 and the 16GB for £129.00

I would expect them to be locked to their PAYG network though but no firm information as yet so I don't know what the unlocking situation is with them.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/technology-gaming/pay-as-you-go-mobiles/cat3375958.list?catId=4294959890+4294948760&lastFilter=Brand|Motorola

Edited by yorksims

Guest trueno2k

Link is dead so here is an update the two models for sale at Tesco below. ATM, seems stock is unavailable still but you may get lucky if you walk in-store!.. :P

8GB model --> http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-mobile-motorola-moto-g-8gb-black/454-8906.prd?pageLevel=sku&skuId=454-8906&_requestid=1213916

16GB model --> http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-mobile-motorola-moto-g-16gb-black/398-8016.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=398-8016

Edited by trueno2k

Guest chrisbarker

If anyone is lucky enough to know someone working for Tesco then as well as the lovely 10% discount staff members have a season voucherbook currently that contains a £15 of voucher, bringing the 16gig down closer to £100. :)

Does anybody have a spare purple back? It was advertised for the 16GB version, but certainly my 8GB version came without it. 

contact them and and they should send you one out or replace the the whole package 

Guest trueno2k

You can also get the 8Gb from Phones4U for £99 via PAYG upgrade, and the phone is unlocked.

Only applicable to those if they have an active payg sim they use regularly for the last 6 months!.. I know this because my orange payg sim was denied upgrade as I haven't used / topped up any time in the last 6 months!..

Guest trueno2k

If anyone is lucky enough to know someone working for Tesco then as well as the lovely 10% discount staff members have a season voucherbook currently that contains a £15 of voucher, bringing the 16gig down closer to £100. :)

Nice, if my maths are correct the total cost for an unlocked 16GB Tesco Mobile Moto G with Tesco employee discount would be 118£ & 14p ( that's 129£ & 0p - 12£ & 90p + 2£ & 4p ), that's a massive 41£ & 85p off the sim-free offering at Amazon.co.uk!.. Wished I knew someone who works at Tesco and gets discount from the Tesco Mobile :P

Edited by trueno2k

• 7 months later...
Guest Smellfungus

You can assume that if it is on Tesco Mobile that it will be SIM locked to their network.

But look on eBay - unlock codes available from £1.35. That makes the phone a total bargain. I bought through Top Cash Back, clicking a link for a free £20 eCoupon, and entered a discount code. So it will cost me a lot less than £135.