Cases?

Guest MrPuddington

Guest MrPuddington

Has anybody seen decent cases for this (not pouches or socks)?

And where would I get a coloured back? Motorola said they would be coming, but not when or where. I hope they are not too expensive. 

Guest MrPuddington

Yes, they should be available, but Motorola for example states that they do not have them in stock yet.

I found another site http://www.clove.co.uk/motorola-moto-g-battery-door-violet - but I am not sure how legitimate they are. According to the T&C they may not disclose stock levels, so they could just be trying to get pre-orders... 

Guest spike68
Whilst somewhere in China 10m are rolling off production lines with any picture you like on, they won't quite fit right but will only cost £3.99 at your local market!

Guest rwalton159

My brother bought this and it looks superb, so I ordered it last night.  They sell different colours.  No brainer for £2.28 delivered

BAAS® Motorola Moto G - Stylish S Line Gel Case Cover , Touch Screen Stylus Pen & 3x Screen Protector Guard (Black)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GW579GK/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

71-fwDv0H9L._SL1500_.jpg

Much better than the case does on my Huawei G300!

Edited by rwalton159

Guest alpine101

I've just ordered the same sort of tpu case from Ebay at the same price. It does need this because the power on button is very prone to being pressed while the phone's in a pocket, which must diminish battery life and risk other issues. Other than that, it seems very good and mine is now running on EE using the cut down sim from my old phone.

Guest alpine101

Case is fine.

Just cant seem to put a screen protector on perfect. 

It's gorilla glass. I've never understood the need for screen protectors now that we're past the plastic screen era.

Guest Nuno Ferreira

It's gorilla glass. I've never understood the need for screen protectors now that we're past the plastic screen era.

Yeah right, my nexus 4 and 7 have a big scratch and they're also gorilla , nothing is scratch free harder to scratch, but it scratches

Guest Nuno Ferreira

Case is fine.

Just cant seem to put a screen protector on perfect.

I've ordered a pack of screens from eBay.de , can't say about fit, still waiting for the phone, mail company on strike last week so it's delayed, dam you postal office

Guest Jevarell

I got one of those BAAs ones and it's ok for the money, fits well, will stop accidental button presses which is a plus and the textured bits on the edges make it easier to grip so it doesn't feel like it's going to slip out of your hand.

The screen protectors I had no joy with and the cloths are a bit naff but I'll look for a higher end version of these once the phone's been out a while.

Edited by Jevarell

Guest rwalton159
Guest Jevarell

Please post back Jevarell if you find anything.

Will do , I've seen a couple on Amazon but don't want to pay £5-£6 for screen protectors, there are some for £2.79 but no reviews so I'm still hanging back.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok got the Orzly fusion case today - on the whole its fine for £5.   it is really tight to get on and off!  It fits nicely though.  My only gripe are there are some small scuffs on the clear plastic, I could send it back but I expect the chances of getting a pristine one are slim and that would leave my Mrs without a case for a week or so (not a good idea lol). besides the back of the case is curved and this is only going to cause the clear plastic to get scratched anyway when out it down etc.   It could benefit from some little feet like the spigen/rearth hybrid cases.  It feels nice in the had and does add too much bulk to the phone.

Here some photos:

IMG_20131220_143937_zpsl4amkjxf.jpg

IMG_20131220_143915_zpsw1d8ollj.jpg

IMG_20131220_142804_zpslnlnf3df.jpg

IMG_20131220_144004_zpszswmzxtv.jpg

IMG_20131220_142755_zps7mpkebn2.jpg

FYI this is also combined with a folix screen protector - also available on amazon - the seem really good quality.  I think the Mrs will be happy with this set up - might stop her complaining about her crappy/laggy Xperia S for a while.