[STOCK ROM] REPACK B199 Android 4.1.1 G510/Y300

Guest ShockeyCzT

Guest newestuser

What about Ram? im not sure if its worth reinstalling the rom because i have installed alot of apps, some games that i made alot of progress aswel :D

What about the launcher? does it work silky smooth like on similar phones (LG L5 II L7 II) ?

Guest TangerineTractor

What about Ram? im not sure if its worth reinstalling the rom because i have installed alot of apps, some games that i made alot of progress aswel :D

What about the launcher? does it work silky smooth like on similar phones (LG L5 II L7 II) ?

I use Nova so coulnd't say. You can always use a utility to backup your apps - then reinstall them and restore data only to ensure a clean install. That`s what I do with my apps that need most manual configuring - but I don;t play games; I don't consider this to be a gaming device - for the money its a phone and a messaging tool and a web browser., and that's what I configure mine to do, and it does it pretty well.

Guest newestuser

For me its all purpose device, by the way im not talking about heavy games, but the ones you play in a wc or an airport or when you have free time :D

what kind of utility you would recommend?

i tried Nova, but i cant load some widgets, for example weather

Guest TangerineTractor

I use Rom Toolbox Pro (paid version) does everythign I need, root browser, build.prop editor, app manager/uninstaller/backup/restore, boot animation changer...

I don't have a weather widget, but there are plenty available that work with Nova.

Guest TangerineTractor

as i understand to backup all the nescesary data phone has to be rooted?

Well you need a custom recovery to install it, and I don't see the point of going as far as inhaling a custom recovery and rom and not rooting.

Guest newestuser

Well there is a version that can be installed without rooting, just simple update file 

Futhermore, is there any proper tutorial step by step how to root and install CWM or TWRP? :)

Edited by newestuser

Guest TangerineTractor

Well there is a version that can be installed without rooting, just simple update file

Futhermore, is there any proper tutorial step by step how to root and install CWM or TWRP? :)

There are step by step guides - look at the pinned threads at the top of the forum...

As for root vs non-root - if you`re on a forum regarding modding and tweaking your phone, you`re going to have to root to do anything of any significance - the only way to really speed up your device is to get rid of the unnecessary stuff pre-installed. And if you`re concerned about RAM, then you really are going to have to root and uninstall stuff.

Guest bladebuddy

Just bumping this, in case it gets lost in all the other new stuff!

Flash this, then flash super-su straight after it.

Stripped and cleaned down, this is an excellent base rom. It's fast, stable, and battery consumption is minimal. Everything just works. If you're not a slave to having the latest OS version just for the sake of it, and you aren't bothered about transperencies, customisations and stuff, I'd recommend using this as a starting point - use ROM Toolbox or similar to remove the apps you don't want. I'd recommend nova launcher - the beta 4.4 style one is fast and smooth.

Just thought you might be interested in Nova launcher ( beta)download and enabled in settings Nova settings.

Brings the transparent navigation and status bar back. Pic is on a nexus but should work with you're phone running kk.

post-955381-13868617813511_thumb.jpg

Guest wbrinkmann

Yes, this is the rom I keep coming back to. Rock solid, fast, brilliant battery. I did 6 hours of what I'd consider heavy use last night, still had 60% battery left.

If you can live without a few themes and transparencies, and you need everything to workreliably, then this is a good bet, especially with a decent launcher like nova installed.

Is it better in battery life and/or performance than the good old Lunatic Pandora 4.1?

Up to now I personally couldn't find anything that matches battery on that one.

Guest TangerineTractor

Is it better in battery life and/or performance than the good old Lunatic Pandora 4.1?

Up to now I personally couldn't find anything that matches battery on that one.

I think its very similar... certainly not noticeably worse. But feels generally smoother and faster. Still my current ROM of choice.

Guest wbrinkmann

I think its very similar... certainly not noticeably worse. But feels generally smoother and faster. Still my current ROM of choice.

Thanks for the quick answer. Going to give it a try, then.

BTW, I know it's off topic  here, but since you're using nova - is there any way you know of saving a background image with it's position? I'm tired of always selecting the needed image and adjusting it.

Guest TangerineTractor

Thanks for the quick answer. Going to give it a try, then.

BTW, I know it's off topic here, but since you're using nova - is there any way you know of saving a background image with it's position? I'm tired of always selecting the needed image and adjusting it.

No, but you could go into gallery, edit the image and crop it to the right size, then just select the cropped image.i

EDIT: Cancel that, just tried it. Didn't work.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Swap not supported by kernel. Same as all stock rom. Tried many stock but all are same. Can Anyone confirm that Fusionx supports swap, it's also based on this b199 kernel.

Swap not supported by kernel. Same as all stock rom. Tried many stock but all are same. Can Anyone confirm that Fusionx supports swap, it's also based on this b199 kernel.

Get Cextel kernel if you need swap ;)

Guest TangerineTractor

Don't want to try CeXstel as it has many bugs. Anyone know other kernels ,which is almost bug free like stock?

cexstel is the only custom kernel around.

Guest fricy81

Don't want to try CeXstel as it has many bugs. Anyone know other kernels ,which is almost bug free like stock?

I wouldn't say it has many bugs, I'm using it for 2 weeks with Cm10.1 without crashes or kernel related problems. Stock version may be different, but I'd recommend it any time if you need custom kernel.

• 2 weeks later...