Xolo X900, Xolo X500, Orange Sandiego Official Tool Kit

Guest kabirsaini2011

Guest NareshRaikar

From Xolo's Service centre. 

Hi kabir,i installed this,but on opening,i am getting error

"11/30/13 19:01:54.437 INFO : Phone Flash Tool V 3.1.4-0 (build on Mon Nov 26 16:12:18 RST 2012)

11/30/13 19:01:54.437 INFO : Using xFSTK version: 1.3.3

11/30/13 19:01:54.457 INFO : Total size of downloaded flash files: 0.00 bytes

11/30/13 19:01:56.658 WARNING: Cannot load the remote servers from the remote xml config file, please check the file url in the option panel

"

Guest kabirsaini2011

Hi kabir,i installed this,but on opening,i am getting error

"11/30/13 19:01:54.437 INFO : Phone Flash Tool V 3.1.4-0 (build on Mon Nov 26 16:12:18 RST 2012)

11/30/13 19:01:54.437 INFO : Using xFSTK version: 1.3.3

11/30/13 19:01:54.457 INFO : Total size of downloaded flash files: 0.00 bytes

11/30/13 19:01:56.658 WARNING: Cannot load the remote servers from the remote xml config file, please check the file url in the option panel

"

u need to load the files first

Guest Hasan217

Hey guys checkout new OFFICIAL xolo x900 and x500 toolkit ... i guess for orange sandiego too!!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByqUQKI3yUmFRFhwSWF0NUFlZ0k/edit

Credits to  Nipun Birla for uploading 

Hey don't mind... I've even signed your petition on androidnova... But do you have a thread for this anywhere? Where can users report their problems if they get into trouble? The tool might be legitimate but I don't want to risk it as I may brick my device and my device is already out of warranty. Do you know anybody who has tried this on the x900, who we can ask our doubts?

Guest Hasan217

Ok i downloaded the attachment. This is my opinion on the tool kit: 1. This is a tool by Intel given to Lava/Orange to flash their ROMs on our devices and any other device using x86. 2. This tool help you flash ROM's and probably even signing it before flashing it. 3. There's a detailed PDF file explaining you almost everything you need to know about using this tool to flash a ROM. 4. It's originated from Intel coz it has its licenses. 5. The PDF file mentions 'Intel Confidential' on every page.   I read the .xml file attached to it and i realised the commands in that xml file were similar to what was done befor in this thread: 'The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.'  So if anybody here who has a lot of knowledge in such things and knows how to get things working, then our devices will actually be able to flash Custom ROMs I'm attaching the PDF file here...

Phone_Flash_Tool_User_Guide.pdf

Edited by Hasan217

Guest Hasan217
Cheers for the pdf, I'll have a look at it later. Is it wrapped up in the exe files because there's no sign of it anywhere else?
Yeah... There are 2 exe files. All inside the rar file in the first post. 1st exe file is I think a driver and the 2nd one is the tool and there's one xml file and a image file. All of this is in the rar given in the link in the first post. The pdf file is created with the setup file. Edited by Hasan217

Guest darkvicious

Thank you for this tool, I was able to unbrick my xolo and put everything in order and after study it is possible to create a custom rom with but it must have a high level of knowledge to arrivé.Et for those who are interresse I put a link to the original rom for all the available xolo

http://androidxda.com/download-xolo-stock-rom-models

Guest Hasan217

Thank you for this tool, I was able to unbrick my xolo and put everything in order and after study it is possible to create a custom rom with but it must have a high level of knowledge to arrivé.Et for those who are interresse I put a link to the original rom for all the available xolo

Yeah that's true... It does requires high level of knowledge. But may be this tool signs the rom. Then maybe we could just flash the rom directly without using the tool, just by putting the Rom on SD card n updating it. Is this possible?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Yeah that's true... It does requires high level of knowledge. But may be this tool signs the rom. Then maybe we could just flash the rom directly without using the tool, just by putting the Rom on SD card n updating it. Is this possible?

If it does sign the rom then yes we should be able to flash custom roms but I can't see anywhere in the tool where it's possible to sign them. :(

Guest BlueMoonRising

Why is the X900 rom 348MB in size? The original one is 299MB. Is the one you linked already patched?

Guest Hasan217

Why is the X900 rom 348MB in size? The original one is 299MB. Is the one you linked already patched?

It's not only bigger in size but also a different version of the ROM. It's 4.1.2...

I think that's xolo x1000's Jelly Bean ROM mistakenly linked with the Xolo X900.

Guest karthiknr

The tool is very interesting and is also useful but the question is if it allows signing?

OP,I suppose if we can get to the signing part,then we'll be able to make custom ROMs,so can you also ask your source to try to find out about it?

EDIT:

I downloaded the 348MB Xolo x900 ROM from the link given above.

In one of the folders,there's a flash.xml and it says this :

post-945771-0-80072900-1386276777_thumb.

And in the same folder there's the very same "BOOTLOADER" file..

Does anybody have an idea what type of file it is?

post-945771-0-37395000-1386276800_thumb.

The link to the file is https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0lx4mnt1lhbgxt/BKB4ATI-droidboot_ota-CAAK-POS.bin. It was too big to be attached. I opened it with an external text editor and quite clearly it seems to be encrypted. In the beginning there were some lines in English though.

Also,this file and the boot.img file inside the update.zip seem to be almost same.

Edited by karthiknr

Guest karthiknr

So nobody has even tried it yet ? (It is definately a 4.1.2 ROM and the build.prop is for the X900)

Build.prop is for the x900 itself,but it's clearly ICS 

The image is part of the build.prop

post-945771-0-75951300-1386276472_thumb.

Guest Hasan217

Build.prop is for the x900 itself,but it's clearly ICS 

The image is part of the build.prop

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

It now seems to be a ICS build by seeing the bild.prop you attached. But someone who is as good as Ricky, or any other alike,  could try it out and guide us then it would be helpful. Coz i don't think anyone here wants to risk bricking their device and not knowing how to get it back in working condition. I personally don't wanna risk it. The tool might be very legitimate but it still requires skill. This is my first android phone and I have never flashed Custom ROMs. If this tool really works, it'll be the first for me.

As for the update.zip of 348MB i think it's the ROM after the 59MB update.

Also, I had a look at the tool, it does have some encryption files which is why i'm optimistic that this tool signs the ROM. Also, users facing problems of rooting after the 59MB update can be solved as the tool also allows to push apk and other files in the ROM after flashing the device. This module of the tool can be used to push files required for root.

When you load the files into the tool kit before flashing it asks for a xml file. The xml file with the update.zip contains the instructions as to how to flash the device. But since it boot-loader locked it wont just flash any ROM. This is where the .bin fiiles come in to sign the ROM before flashing. This is what I think. I may be wrong though. I'm no advanced user.

Guest kabirsaini2011

It now seems to be a ICS build by seeing the bild.prop you attached. But someone who is as good as Ricky, or any other alike,  could try it out and guide us then it would be helpful. Coz i don't think anyone here wants to risk bricking their device and not knowing how to get it back in working condition. I personally don't wanna risk it. The tool might be very legitimate but it still requires skill. This is my first android phone and I have never flashed Custom ROMs. If this tool really works, it'll be the first for me.

As for the update.zip of 348MB i think it's the ROM after the 59MB update.

Also, I had a look at the tool, it does have some encryption files which is why i'm optimistic that this tool signs the ROM. Also, users facing problems of rooting after the 59MB update can be solved as the tool also allows to push apk and other files in the ROM after flashing the device. This module of the tool can be used to push files required for root.

When you load the files into the tool kit before flashing it asks for a xml file. The xml file with the update.zip contains the instructions as to how to flash the device. But since it boot-loader locked it wont just flash any ROM. This is where the .bin fiiles come in to sign the ROM before flashing. This is what I think. I may be wrong though. I'm no advanced user.

You are right dude .. Its for signing and going custom .. 

Guest Hasan217

debug level log with update.zip(299MB from xolo site) in the tools folder and selecting flash.xml that came with the tool.

So were you successful at flashing your device?