TOOL: Play Store installation for Gemini tablets

Guest MrBagpuss

Guest Vidalbabboon

I have just signed up to this site for the sole reason of thanking the OP for his epic skills in creating the hack for the Gemini devices.

I just purchased a D10 for my 5 year old son as a cheap and cheerful introduction to tablets, it will be more than adequate for his limited needs and if it gets broken im not going to lose much sleep over it ;)

Imagine my horror when after downloading the App store installer (as per other tabs i have used) The devices rom flat refused to allow it to run.

Im a moment of sheer disgust, i began to re box it ready for return to the retailer....Then it dawned on me. "I cant be the only person to have issue with the lack of Google app store on a google lead device !!"

And then i found you guys :)

Thanks again and it's people like you that keep people like me sane ;)

Nick  

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Simon O

Just been asked about the Q97 9909 device. I dropped the author of the play installer app a message about adding support but you should be able to install google play onto this device manually.

The device should have Android 4.2.2 installed so download this file directly on the tablet itself, or copy it to a microSD card on the tablet. Please ensure you have the zip on the microSD card and not in the internal storage. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sojwl63xdbhm2y9/playstore.1000.zip

Once the file has been copied to the tablet, switch it off. Make sure it is unplugged then hold down the VOLUME+ button and the power button to turn the unit on. You may have to depress the power button then press & hold it again for the unit to switch on. Continue to hold the volume+ button when the screen lights up but stop pressing the power button. The unit will now show a green robot image with a warning triangle.

Stop pressing the volume+ button.

Now press the power button then quickly press the volume- button and you'll see a menu. Stop pressing the power button once the menu shows. 

Now you can use the volume buttons to move up and down the list and the power button to select. Move down to the option that says to "apply update from external storage"

Press the power button when you have selected the option, then move to the zip file you have copied to the tablet then press power to select.

Finally move to the yes option then press power.

The zip will now be installed onto the system and you'll be dropped back to the reboot option, Press power to reboot.

Sorry for the instructions being complicated.

Guest colinabrett

I'm with Nick (vidalbabboon) above. I signed up to say thanks to Mr Bagpuss and Flibblesan. Many thanks for this app which installed flawlessly.

I installed it from the dropbox link but had to add Google Play Services as well in order to get PvZ2 working.

It makes me wonder how many hoops Google put in front of tablet makers in order to be "compatible" with Play.

Thanks again, guys.

Colin Brett

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Simon O

Google require something like £80,000 per device to be licensed to carry Google services. Some manufacturers choose not to pay the costs but as we saw with Argos, Google do catch up and do start legal action.

I don't blame Gemini for doing what they've done and I blame Google entirely. Amazon are taking good advantage of the situation. 

Guest anthonymeikle

hi all 1st time post.

I have the gemini Q97 HD... from very and am not happy about not having play store.

I have downloaded the last file u posted direct to the tablet and it installs, but will not work....just a grey play store logo....

what am i doing wring.

thanks for your help.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Darce

Thank you flibblesan, I have installed Play Store on my Q97 using your instructions and it works perfectly, Thanks again :-)

Guest whatkatedoes

Thanks for this!  Unfortunately I cannot get it (q97-hd) to the recovery/installer menu.  I get the little android and the little red ! triangle, but cant get any further.  Tried power + Vol- in all sorts of combinations but no luck, I have to wait for that screen to time out and the tablet reboot before it will work again.

Any advice?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pardy121

Hi I have just received a Gemini tablet which I am really disappointed with I can't send it back because it was a birthday present I hate the amazon account and prefer Google play which my son has do you know if I can install it on Gemini Q97 HD tablet please I can't even get lloyds or PayPal app on amazon  please help thankyou

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Regulus

Seems that the first post is updated with a relevant link every time the apk is updated.

This said, I mainly made this account so I could say thanks for making my 7007 actually useful!

Guest gaz0891

created an account just to say thanks for this app. 

very little info about this around and found this very easy to use and install on a new gem7007

i downloaded the install file to a memory stick then connected the memory stick to the tablet with the usb lead that came with the tablet. navigated to "file expert" in the menu and the "APK" file was listed and was easy to install. 

installed play store and have downloaded several device compatible apps since. 

really appreciate the effort and availability. A+++++

many thanks !

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AntBoots

Thanks very much, was going to send my Gemini D71 straight back when I saw it had no Play Store available.

I downloaded the APK to a computer, copied it to the tablet, found the file on my tablet using File Expert and ran the install!

Voila, now have all the Apps I want, including a working Sky Go :-)

Edited by AntBoots

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest silvasurfa66

Thanks this app is a real life saver, my son had a Gemini GD8 (gem q7851) for his birthday, but couldn't get Google play to work (only amazon apps installed), as it kept stopping and shutting down. He was really upset as he had bought a game with a play card but couldn't download it. Downloaded your app to micro SD card, then put card in tablet, found file in File Expert folders and installed as per your instructions. Game loaded OK, can't wait to see his face in the morning!

• 5 months later...