[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest IceTapanho

Enable ART, memory tweaks and 16bits transparency. Now my battery lasts 2 days (regular use, no gaming)

Give it a try ;)

Guest Razor3000

I've enabled art and I can feel the diference, the problem is the internal storage, i am trying to swap the 700MB internal with the 2GB one... bricked it several times.

Guest rhen

I've enabled art and I can feel the diference, the problem is the internal storage, i am trying to swap the 700MB internal with the 2GB one... bricked it several times.

This would be a good solution. If we swap the partitions, I would swap the /system to /data too.

I asked about this thing moths ago on IRC, but Dazzozo seems don't like "hacky" solutions.

Guest Razor3000

I've tried to symlink but i guess the links are gone in reboot and it bricks the rom.

If we change fstab.huawei it does nothing and the file just gets restored after reboot.

The closer I could get was with Link2SD, i changed the init.d script to use the mmcblk0p19 and it worked, the problem is that the gallery and camera stopped working, even with external SD card.

Guest razor74

Just yesterday i observed that Camera FV5 supports now on this phone all the settings - awb, light metering , iso. I din't know when some related changes was made into the rom. But until now these settings didn't worked on g300.

There is still a big problem with hangouts related to phone hangs/crash when i try to do a call/video call. Anyone know when will be resolved?

Guest murtagh

I had two problems with this ROM that, for now, made me go back to CM9:

1 - When connecting to the PC as mass storage, the phone reboots every single time when I click the "Turn on USB storage" button. Wiping and formatting absolutely everything in CWM and trying again after a fresh clean install didn't solve...

2 - In Portugal, in my opinion, the absolutely best GPS app, by far, is "MEO Drive" (which I think is based in NDrive, or so I read). Since late April's nightlies, the app just disappeared and when trying to reinstalling it I get a message that translates to something like "This package has a bad manifest". Clean installing the ROM again didn't solve...

P.S: This also happened in my Nexus 7 in the last CM update.

Downgraded to CM ICS and these problems just vanished...

Anyone knows what is the latest nightly compatible with meo drive? I use the 20140410.

Guest Razor3000

I don't know, but I think it's compatible with Sygic which is miles ahead from MEO Drive, the Portuguese Maps are better in Sygic, afaik it uses tomtom maps.

The only downside is that Sygic is not free.

PS: Now there are 2 razors in this forum with 52 posts, haha

Edited by Razor3000

Guest dalyer

When can I expect a stable version. I don't want new features but usable phone.

What problem(s) do you have?

Have you tried GB ROMs such as GBXTREME?

In my opinion/experience GB is much more suited to this hardware than ICS, JB, KK.

Guest trumpet-t1

What problem(s) do you have?

Have you tried GB ROMs such as GBXTREME?

In my opinion/experience GB is much more suited to this hardware than ICS, JB, KK.

Phone reboots very often. Power button makes that phone is not responding (not always). On button click, nothings happen. Then I have to wait long time for respond or phone will reboot.
Sometimes phone is very very slowly. I'm using 2013-12-30 build and phone is usable. Everything works fine.
I'd like newer build which will be working stable exactly the same like this one.

Why new updates make that ROM is getting slow and unstable. I thought that updates should improve it, not inversely.

Guest dalyer

Phone reboots very often.

How did you unlock your bootloader?

If you used the unofficial way then these could well be 3G reboots.

Unlocking the bootloader the official way should get rid of them.

Guest _St0nE_

2 - In Portugal, in my opinion, the absolutely best GPS app, by far, is "MEO Drive" (which I think is based in NDrive, or so I read). Since late April's nightlies, the app just disappeared and when trying to reinstalling it I get a message that translates to something like "This package has a bad manifest". Clean installing the ROM again didn't solve...

P.S: This also happened in my Nexus 7 in the last CM update.

I tried to install this app today to test your problem but everything works fine for me!

Update to last nightly and install the app.

Guest Mig3l

I tried to install this app today to test your problem but everything works fine for me!

Update to last nightly and install the app.

The app was updated yesterday and is now running fine in my Nexus7, which was having the same problem either with CM11 and AOKP KK. I'll try this again later.

Thanks

@Razor3000 - I know Sygic and love it too, but not being free is a huuuuge downside to me... thanks anyway ;-)

Edited by Mig3l

Guest trumpet-t1

How did you unlock your bootloader?

If you used the unofficial way then these could well be 3G reboots.

Unlocking the bootloader the official way should get rid of them.

Phone is unlocked by official way. That I said on 2014-12-30 no reboots.

Guest lomapur

1 - When connecting to the PC as mass storage, the phone reboots every single time when I click the "Turn on USB storage" button. Wiping and formatting absolutely everything in CWM and trying again after a fresh clean install didn't solve...

This problem is still here for me, nightly from yesterday. Anyone knows if this is a bug (to be fixed..) or we'll have to deal with it for the rest of our lives ?

Guest wards5150

This problem is still here for me, nightly from yesterday. Anyone knows if this is a bug (to be fixed..) or we'll have to deal with it for the rest of our lives ?

I'm on 19.5 build and USB works fine for me. I did have trouble with connecting to my PC when I set SD card as primary storage. It didn't reboot but it was very slow and folders wouldn't open up.

Edited by wards5150

Guest Mig3l

The app was updated yesterday and is now running fine in my Nexus7, which was having the same problem either with CM11 and AOKP KK. I'll try this again later.

Thanks

@Razor3000 - I know Sygic and love it too, but not being free is a huuuuge downside to me... thanks anyway ;-)

Tried it and everything's working just fine now! Mega-hyper-ultra thanks to everyone! :-)

For me this problem is solved too. Try making a clean fresh install

Guest jokny

Is there any way to add flashlight/torch in toggles?

Or even better like long pressing power button would turn on torch?

Edited by jokny

Guest Mig3l

Damn, it happened to me again... I don't think it is fixed after all...

Guest qwertyu123

Hello,

I have just one question. Is there any change to fix the Wifi access point function? Or the error is due to any closed source blobs necessary that we don't have?

Other than that the rom is working good!

Guest rhen

Latest nightly ask me upon update that "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?"

I can choose No and "Yes - Disable recovery flash". (Yes is the default.)

What should I choose to not break anything?

(I think Yes is safer, but it doesn't disable this feature for forever?)

Edit.: I've chosen No and everything seems to be working.

Edited by rhen