[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest theratn

Hello!

I used to lurk around here, trying to switch to CM11 but it seemed risky (there were compatibility issues with the phone's chipset, phones were getting bricked etc.). 

But I lost touch with the development path of CM11 and 90 pages of discussion is way to much for me to read through in order to catch up.

So, are there still issues with chipsets or can CM11 be installed on any G300 now? Except for the ROM, CWM and GApps, is there anything else I need to install or any other steps I should follow in order to switch to CM11?

Any help is welcome!

Thanks a bunch!

*edit* - rooted, have Samsung memory, currently installing latest CWM, CM11 and gapps. Hope it works.

*edit 2* - Got it. Phone moves much better than with carrier ICS. Kudos to all devs making this! 

Edited by theratn

Guest joandrade

there is no way? oh... i wanted to try 1228 mhz or something like that just to see if the device was smoother. thank you for the answer!

No, not unless someone builds a 3.4 kernel that allows overclocking.

Second post in the thread suggest that overclocking may be possible on 2030 baseband but not 19808?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367019-kk-443-cyanogenmod-110-rom-nightly-builds-available/#entry2179813

That's just there because the issues list has been copied over from CM 10.2 (Android 4.3). The initial release of CM 10.2 had a 3.0 kernel which allowed overclocking.

Hello!

I used to lurk around here, trying to switch to CM11 but it seemed risky (there were compatibility issues with the phone's chipset, phones were getting bricked etc.). 

But I lost touch with the development path of CM11 and 90 pages of discussion is way to much for me to read through in order to catch up.

So, are there still issues with chipsets or can CM11 be installed on any G300 now? Except for the ROM, CWM and GApps, is there anything else I need to install or any other steps I should follow in order to switch to CM11?

Any help is welcome!

Thanks a bunch!

*edit* - rooted, have Samsung memory, currently installing latest CWM, CM11 and gapps. Hope it works.

If you have Samsung memory, you'll probably have no problems installing and running this.

Guest ASergey
edit4:

You can give it a try with 2 methods:

- temporary (lost with reboot):

Go to terminal emulator -> su -> echo 80 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

I did it, but ZRam Status shows 50mb. Maybe need non original core?

Edited by ASergey

Guest rhen

I did it, but ZRam Status shows 50mb. Maybe need non original core?

Why should be other than 50mb?

Swappiness doesn't change the size of the zRAM. It changes how aggressively the system use zRAM.

Edited by rhen

Guest dalyer

That's just there because the issues list has been copied over from CM 10.2 (Android 4.3). The initial release of CM 10.2 had a 3.0 kernel which allowed overclocking.

Ah - OK - thanks for the clarification.

Guest EgidijusL
Hi,

I have problem with sending SMS and receiving them. I mean, when I send SMS, they have delay about 30 minutes. I need to SMS for me self, to receive SMS from others. And so on. Some times it is delay for 1 Hour if I don't send SMS for me self. You need to fix this bug. I don't know it is just for me? I will wait your answer.

Guest wbrambley

Hi,

I have problem with sending SMS and receiving them. I mean, when I send SMS, they have delay about 30 minutes. I need to SMS for me self, to receive SMS from others. And so on. Some times it is delay for 1 Hour if I don't send SMS for me self. You need to fix this bug. I don't know it is just for me? I will wait your answer.

Try switching to 2g only mode, if that doesn't work try 3g only.

Guest Bobby Steed

My mobile phone just rang; I pressed the button on top to activate the screen - the screen remained blank. It didn't light up until after the call had ended.

It's CM version is 11-20140708-NIGHTLY-u8815.

Guest murtagh

Another day it happens a strange thing with my cell. It asks me to restart the phone because it said the sim card is not inserted. Weirdly, it always asks this in a specific area of my city. I don't know why but it's very strange. The ROM runs very good but when i go out to that area, my cellphone lost signal and show me that advice. I live in Guimarães (Portugal) and the area is Oliveira's Square (https://pt.foursquare.com/v/largo-da-oliveira/4ddd4d72cc3f0f51d1da5498), if this is relevant.

Anyone helps? I will test with another ROM today.

Guest subbrn2

Another day it happens a strange thing with my cell. It asks me to restart the phone because it said the sim card is not inserted. Weirdly, it always asks this in a specific area of my city. I don't know why but it's very strange. The ROM runs very good but when i go out to that area, my cellphone lost signal and show me that advice. I live in Guimarães (Portugal) and the area is Oliveira's Square (https://pt.foursquare.com/v/largo-da-oliveira/4ddd4d72cc3f0f51d1da5498), if this is relevant.

Anyone helps? I will test with another ROM today.

faz uma instalaçao limpa com a ultima nightly que ja nao acontece esse problema ...por o menos aqui no porto !

Guest Raquel Ferreira

Hi,

Same problem here. Solution?

Guest u8815-15

My mobile phone just rang; I pressed the button on top to activate the screen - the screen remained blank. It didn't light up until after the call had ended.

It's CM version is 11-20140708-NIGHTLY-u8815.

I have the same problem... this may sound weird but try pressing in your speaker. When I do that it the screen comes back on...

(back speakerphone)

Guest cryptoncore

Thanks Dazz. Great ROM Thus far.

Been a while since i've posted on the G300 threads...I still like to keep an eye on whats going on :D

Guest Razor3000

Hi,

I don't have any problem with 20140706 nightly

Looks like the development for this phone is almost dead

Yeah, there are CyanogenMod changes, but not much else.

But in reality, what do we really need?

We have plenty of ROM's to choose.

There is no newer android than this one.

And this phone is more than 2 years old (and it's hardware was almost obsoleted immediately after it become available).

So it is fine I think.

Guest tiagosantos88

Yeah, there are CyanogenMod changes, but not much else.

But in reality, what do we really need?

We have plenty of ROM's to choose.

There is no newer android than this one.

And this phone is more than 2 years old (and it's hardware was almost obsoleted immediately after it become available).

So it is fine I think.

I agree with razor3000 cm10 cm10.1 And cm10.2 not "finished" because they have alot of bugs green camera hq problem youtube browser and app, but i take a vow to dazzozo for he's hard work for this device!! i wish cm11 devlopment do not stop! Just a few bugs to fix and its 98% stable! Its possible to fix sd pair because when i try to format sdcard it says formated but dont! And it gives me 0.00mb and some games dont work for me like nfs most wanted ir force close when changes to the monkey screen... using 20140706 Edited by tiagosantos88

Guest Meglestus

Everyone complaining about the problems with sms and calling things, as I was on this ROM when it was still in pre-development (other threat).

It won't and seems to be impossible to fix for me, we have had this discussion on here before, even when most developers were commenting as well it was just impossible for them to solve.

the only thing I know which will solve it for a while are these steps:

0. REBOOT YOUR PHONE!!

1. call a phone you have acces to.

2. Answer the call and wait like 10 seconds.

3. Stop the call from the phone on the other end (not the g300 as its screen wont work 90% of the times, even if it does DON'T use the g300 to han up)

3. Put the g300 in your pocket WITHOUT trying to turn it on.

4. Leave it alone for like 5-10 mins and it will work again.

I know it will take some time every time you reboot your phone but for me it works. Please react if it works for you also!

Edited by Meglestus