[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest gl33mer

Once CM is installed and works (with Rhen's gapps package) - is it recommended to upgrade by OTA? Does one need to update the gapps afterwards?

Or should I do a wipe and install that way?

Thanks.

Once CM is installed and works (with Rhen's gapps package) - is it recommended to upgrade by OTA? Does one need to update the gapps afterwards?

Or should I do a wipe and install that way?

Thanks.

OTA update is safe.

You don't have to reflash GApps with ROM update. GApps remains on the phone.

You only need to reflash gapps if you update gapps. Always use the latest one if possible. If you update it regularly, you can prevent Play Services and Play Store to update itself and take space from the /data partition. (If in your situation, these are updated and placed on /data, recommended to uninstall the update before flashing the new version of gapps) 

Flash gapps succesfull, but after restart I lost data (all, sms, shortcuts apps on SD) :(

Not a surprise!

You have written, that you formatted the /data partition.

Guest wybisz

Not a surprise!

You have written, that you formatted the /data partition.

Yes, but before installing .. I lost data after each reboot :( 

Yes, but before installing .. I lost data after each reboot :(

wow.

I haven't heard about this type of problem.  :unsure:

Maybe you can try to install the whole system again after a full wipe and formatting system.

Guest wybisz

wow.

I haven't heard about this type of problem.  :unsure:

Maybe you can try to install the whole system again after a full wipe and formatting system.

I flash rom again with all wipe / format data, system than flash gapps and restore my backup apps by Titanum backup (any of them I move to SD). Then I restore sms by SMS Backup+. I move on desktop some shortcuts of apps and I restart device -> all sms lost, shortcuts of apps which is in SD disappear from desktop, but stay in device.

CWM 6.0.4.5 R8

CM 11-20140804-NIGHTLY-u8815

GAPPS by rhen pa_gapps-modular-really-micro-4.4.4-20140729-signed

Edited by wybisz

I flash rom again with all wipe / format data, system than flash gapps and restore my backup apps by Titanum backup (any of them I move to SD). Then I restore sms by SMS Backup+. I move on desktop some shortcuts of apps and I restart device -> all sms lost, shortcuts of apps which is in SD disappear from desktop, but stay in device.

CWM 6.0.4.5 R8

CM 11-20140804-NIGHTLY-u8815

GAPPS by rhen pa_gapps-modular-really-micro-4.4.4-20140729-signed

Shortcuts disappear is an error for me too.

This is because the system loads the launcher faster than the list of the available apps.

And if the launcher doesn't find the corresponding app for a shortcut, it doesn't put it on.

SMS Backup+ doesn't support KitKat yet.

The beta version supports it but keep in mind that it is a beta.

You can download it, by joining this community: https://plus.google.com/communities/113290889178902750997

Than follow The Become a beta tester link.

Than wait for the app to update, or uninstall the previous version and install the new beta.

Guest wybisz

Shortcuts disappear is an error for me too.

This is because the system loads the launcher faster than the list of the available apps.

And if the launcher doesn't find the corresponding app for a shortcut, it doesn't put it on.

SMS Backup+ doesn't support KitKat yet.

The beta version supports it but keep in mind that it is a beta.

You can download it, by joining this community: https://plus.google.com/communities/113290889178902750997

Than follow The Become a beta tester link.

Than wait for the app to update, or uninstall the previous version and install the new beta.

Thank for answer.

Is an presumption that bug with loading launcher will be fixed in the near future?

Edited by wybisz

Thank for answer.

Is an presumption that bug with loading launcher will be fixed in the near future?

I don't think it will be fixed in the near future.

You can try other launchers from play store.

Maybe they handle this better.

Guest wybisz

I don't think it will be fixed in the near future.

You can try other launchers from play store.

Maybe they handle this better.

I try Holo launcher, after restart all ok, bud launcher isn't optimized to KK4.4.4. Some parts of widgets and app list is under status bar.

sms backup+ beta is ok

post-1016872-0-01175200-1407426114_thumb

post-1016872-0-49135200-1407426125_thumb

Edited by wybisz

Guest Dukawp

Hey

I install this room a few weeks ago and its was rly good and fluid but now my phone resets by itself..

Can any1 help me?

any1 with a problem like these ?

Edited by Dukawp

Guest biank1989

Does anyone know how to fix the problem with the signal? PLEASE. I have to restart my phone 3-5 times per day. It's horrible.
I have full bars on the signal but when trying to be reached it says my phone is out of service.

also another annoying thing is that the phone starts ringing and it takes like 2-3 seconds for the display to light up...

I'm beggining to think that flashing 4.4.4 after having stock ICS is the worst move i've ever made, even if i love the many new things the 4.4.4 brings...

Please help with the signal... at least!

rebooting phone every 3-4 hours is horrible and battery consuming...

Guest Pestisoru

Hey

I install this room a few weeks ago and its was rly good and fluid but now my phone resets by itself..

Can any1 help me?

any1 with a problem like these ?

Yes some here .

Please Dazzo solve this . Thanx in advance . :) 

Guest Namaru

Is anyone else having problems with the hostpot? it seems that i can't share internet with other phones through my G300s hotspot function.

As far as I know, the hotspot function has always been bugged for this device on CM10 and CM11. Hopefully, our wonderful developers will fix that someday ;) . Keep up the good job, guys! :D

Guest biank1989

So bassically, because i depend on that function to have internet on my second phone i now have to search for a lower version of CM like CM9 or whatever the name is.  Not so nice... please awesome developers fix this. I beg you!

Guest Namaru

So bassically, because i depend on that function to have internet on my second phone i now have to search for a lower version of CM like CM9 or whatever the name is.  Not so nice... please awesome developers fix this. I beg you!

You can still use the USB cable to have internet access on a laptop, for example. I guess there isn't a solution if you want to use your secondary mobile phone. Sorry :/

Guest Meglestus

I try Holo launcher, after restart all ok, bud launcher isn't optimized to KK4.4.4. Some parts of widgets and app list is under status bar.

sms backup+ beta is ok

A bit late but I haven't been on a while.

Use nova launcher instead, works like a charm (using it for over 3 months now'

Guest Meglestus

This will NOT haoppen as all developers have gone to another phone, this problem has been arround since cm10, all updates will be CM specific updates and not device specific.

Also, if I were you I would go back to GBX Extreme by kyan.

Guest Meglestus

Does anyone know how to fix the problem with the signal? PLEASE. I have to restart my phone 3-5 times per day. It's horrible.

I have full bars on the signal but when trying to be reached it says my phone is out of service.

also another annoying thing is that the phone starts ringing and it takes like 2-3 seconds for the display to light up...

I'm beggining to think that flashing 4.4.4 after having stock ICS is the worst move i've ever made, even if i love the many new things the 4.4.4 brings...

Please help with the signal... at least!

rebooting phone every 3-4 hours is horrible and battery consuming...

I´ve had this problem as well, reinstall the WHOLE rom again, but wipe EVREYTHING, even the things you don´t know what they are for, I did this and now its working like a charm.

Also after all these wipes, reinstall the CWM and then the ROM.

Also, it might help to change CWM to cm9 compatible and then go back, the baseband should be fixed then (I hope) and the signal should work again.