[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Meglestus

I presume that these reports of restarts are not 3g reboots due to an unofficially unlocked bootloader?

Often they are due to that, but if you just keep reinstalling the ROM and CWM it WILL fix it and I know this for sure as I was having the same problems, but when I started reinstalling the ROM more often after like 11 or 12 times the rebooting stopped.

I know for sure that it is not due to 3g as I don't use 3g.

Guest xxwexx

just installed this, and its fantastic. Playstore not available but that doesnt worry me as I add the apps via apk.  My problem is that now when i plug phone to pc via a usb cable it tries to launch in MTP. I know there is a way to change it back to file mode, but cant remember

anyone know it please

thanks

p.s MTP mode is not working on my xp system, keeps failing to connect, so need file transfer mode

pps, done it

Edited by xxwexx

Guest qwertyu123

Since quite long a good Feedly app doesn't work for me. I start the application and it gets stuck on the boot logo.

Anybody else with the same problem? Tried restoring ROM, etc...I was unable to make it work.

Guest the_netman

Since quite long a good Feedly app doesn't work for me. I start the application and it gets stuck on the boot logo.

Anybody else with the same problem? Tried restoring ROM, etc...I was unable to make it work.

Same for me. Feedly is broken since their update to v23. I had to freeze the old V22 to avoid it being updated. 

Guest johnny332

Hi. This question might be off topic but are there any chances for Android L to be ported over onto this device. if not maybe have some features implemented in kitkat or fixes to current bugs. ART will be nice to begin with.

Guest qwertyu123

Same for me. Feedly is broken since their update to v23. I had to freeze the old V22 to avoid it being updated. 

Just went back to ICS rom (Slimkat v13) and feedly works without problem.

I think my G300 will remain with ICS, though it is a pity I lose KK features... but battery last much longer and everthing works.

I suggest everyone to update to the latest nano based GApps package. The free space on /system with the micro based package went below 1MB (0,68MB to be exact). As a result, micro based packages won't install anymore due to lack of space. With the new package you will have 1,72MB free space.

I suggest the clean update because previous GApps packages have overwritten the system\priv-app\CalendarProvider.apk files with the one in the GApps package and this file doesn't included in the latest version so you need the ROM version of it.

Make sure that the ROM download is intact before trying to install it.

Check the MD5/other checksum if available or at least see that the zip opens in 7Zip or another ZIP tool.

If CWM keeps giving that error then try TWRP instead - this approach worked for a few others who had the Status 7 error.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/359827-twrp-2631-official-for-u8815u8815nu8818-09122013/

This is mentioned earlier in the thread.

Hope this helps.

Hi everyone.

Last week i've installed this CM11 on my ascend g300 (11-20140909-nightly-u8815), yesterday i've updated to 20140914, but on both of them i have one problem. The phone keeps randomly to turn off or hang (black screen, no responce to unlock button, and the only way to get it back running is to take out the battery). The wierd thing is that it happends mostly when i move with my phone (when i go out and got it in my pocket). The battery sits still, so i don't think it's a physical thing with the phone (on previous room no such thing occured). Maybe change of mobile transmiters or lossing wifi range causes this? Does any of you experience thesame thing?

Hi everyone.

Last week i've installed this CM11 on my ascend g300 (11-20140909-nightly-u8815), yesterday i've updated to 20140914, but on both of them i have one problem. The phone keeps randomly to turn off or hang (black screen, no responce to unlock button, and the only way to get it back running is to take out the battery). The wierd thing is that it happends mostly when i move with my phone (when i go out and got it in my pocket). The battery sits still, so i don't think it's a physical thing with the phone (on previous room no such thing occured). Maybe change of mobile transmiters or lossing wifi range causes this? Does any of you experience thesame thing?

I have the same problem. The only way to wake up is to remove the battery and turn it on again. My build is 11-20140906-nightly-u8815.

Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Guest teleekom

Hi everyone.

Exactly this is happening to me as well. But to be fair, my phone was randomly restarting even before with different custom ROM, but with this release it's happening  a lot more frequent and I'm not sure what's causing it. When I'm at home and having my phone on the table it usually works fine, but whenever I put it in my pocket and go out, it keeps restarting every now and then. It's very annoying and in this intensity it rendered my phone practically unusable. It's a shame because otherwise this is by far the fastest ROM I've ever tried

Guest KennyPowers2000

Hello, I have my g300 running on cm11 nightly from 15 March 2014.

Is this likely to be affected by the Bash Bug that is in the news at the moment?

Cheers

If there's a bash shell on your phone then it's probably implemented via BusyBox which is not affected as far as I know.

But if you want to test for vulnerability then there is a bash script available to do this.

Edit: just checked and I don't think that busybox actually implements bash at all. So unless you somehow have a native bash on Android (if possible?) you should be safe.

Edited by dalyer

Hello, I have my g300 running on cm11 nightly from 15 March 2014.

Is this likely to be affected by the Bash Bug that is in the news at the moment?

Cheers

Yep, all build affected before 20140925 build. This was the first with the patch that fixes the bug. http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/73936/

Another patch is coming to fix the issue: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/74013/

Edited by rhen

Guest KennyPowers2000

The patch for Bash may have been released on 25 September 2014, but does Cyanogenmod 11 actually even use Bash? Like the previous poster said?

Maybe its just OSX and Linux that are the main sufferers?

The patch for Bash may have been released on 25 September 2014, but does Cyanogenmod 11 actually even use Bash? Like the previous poster said?

Maybe its just OSX and Linux that are the main sufferers?

I don't know if it is in use, but it is part of the ROM. You can check yourself. (/system/xbin/bash, /system/etc/bash/)

Factory images and AOSPA doesn't use it. "For mobile devices, Android devices do not use the Bash shell, and thus not affected by this threat" -TrendMicro

Guest KennyPowers2000

I am reluctant to update my CM11 nightly to a recent one, reading people's comments on this thread, seems very unstable.

What are the best ROMs out there for the G300 at the moment? I think I will have to move to something more stable (and BASH free!)

Cheers

KP