[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest qwertyu123

I disagree.

I think that GXBTREME is the best ROM for the G300.

And with all due respect to dazzozo not all other ROMs are based on his work!

Well, you may be right, but I don't consider anymore Gingerbread roms because their lack of application compatibility. From my point of view they are completely obsolete, too many applications do not support GB anymore.

Guest wbrambley

Well, you may be right, but I don't consider anymore Gingerbread roms because their lack of application compatibility. From my point of view they are completely obsolete, too many applications do not support GB anymore.

Too many apps don't like mono core 1Gb CPU and 512mb ram and adreno200 GPU either.

I like all the new stuff too but the fact is my g300 is like a rocket sled on rails with GBEx.

Guest Balerion

Do you think it was mistake, or daz is really working on 5.0 for our g300? I can´t believe it! :D

I hope so, that little tease got me really excited. I'm no expert, but as someone said I think he can port the Y300 version of lollipop to our old G300. He has my patience and gratitude, having a dev still support a phone as old and absolute as our is more than amazing!

I love you Dazz! :D

Dazzozo and some folks on IRC is working on the Y300 port.

He may port back if the Y300 port will be ready. He definitely haven't thrown the idea to port it back.

We talked about the storage space problem and he was constructive now. So I think He is back in businesses. :)

WiFi and RIL works. Free RAM looks like the same as on KitKat. It looks like OMX will be the big issue again.

That is what I currently knows for sure about the project.

Edit:

Some screenshot from yesterday:

20141117-184511.png20141116-171806.pngwifi.png

Edited by rhen

Guest Balerion

He may port back if the Y300 port will be ready. He definitely haven't thrown the idea to port it back.

We talked about the storage space problem and he was constructive now. So I think He is back in businesses. :)

WiFi and RIL works. It looks like OMX will be the big issue again.

Does the Y300 have the same storage as the G300? Also, is the final version of ART in lollipop using as much storage as the one in KitKat or more? I tried ART on my G300 a while back, and while it does eat up the internal storage rather quickly, I was able to run it for a few weeks (I only used the basic Google apps + some other apps) I switched back to Dalvik due to some bugs.

Anyway, I hope he'll consider porting it to G300 if the Y300 port goes well. :)

Edited by Balerion

Does the Y300 have the same storage as the G300? Also, is the final version of ART in lollipop using as much storage as the one in KitKat or more? I tried ART on my G300 a while back, and while it does eat up the internal storage rather quickly, I was able to run it for a few weeks (I only used the basic Google apps + some other apps) I switched back to Dalvik due to some bugs.

Anyway, I hope he'll consider porting it to G300 if the Y300 port goes well. :)

No, Y300/G510 has larger /system and /data partition, so it is not an issue there.

Probably Dazzozo have to change the NAND partitions on G300 as follows: /system->/data->/internal_sd->/system

You may delete the content of the multiple post you made when you will be on computer. Especially the first two with the huge pictures.

Guest mastergoks

Android keyboard is more than 50 MB in space and it is always installed in system partition. if developer replace that apk with some smaller they can have more system space needed .. just a suggestion ..

viber worked just fine for chating and stuff.. now i can not even start it..

Yep, for chat, it worked.

Are you sure it doesn't work because of ROM change?

I saw that Viber is updated yesterday/today.

Anyway, there is a workaround I found.

Disable viber's VideoConvertorService with Disable Services app.

Android keyboard is more than 50 MB in space and it is always installed in system partition. if developer replace that apk with some smaller they can have more system space needed .. just a suggestion ..

Developers want to minimize customization for easier maintenance.

Why you need more space on /system for now?

Or do you mean on Lollipop?

I prefer the partition switch. The OAT cache is so big that the current /data partition would be full with just 3-4 installed app.

Edited by rhen

Guest mastergoks

i installed latest build one or two hours ago.. and viber did not wanted to start.. it worked just fine on some older KK.. did not used voip to call land-lines.. everything else worked good..

Edit: i have installed now  cm11 that is 4 days older and viber works ..

Edited by mastergoks

i installed latest build one or two hours ago.. and viber did not wanted to start.. it worked just fine on some older KK.. did not used voip to call land-lines.. everything else worked good..

Just do what I suggested as a workaround. It works.

Viber try to initialize the VideoConvertorService upon start and it causes an OMX error.

Edit:

This should be the problem: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/77158/

Edit2:

The problem is not what I mentioned. The problem exists on other ROMs too.

Seem like the problem have arrived with the updated Viber app. (Some people have tested older versions with the latest Viber and it was crashed.)

Edited by rhen

Guest cotangens

No, Y300/G510 has larger /system and /data partition, so it is not an issue there.

Probably Dazzozo have to change the NAND partitions on G300 as follows: /system->/data->/internal_sd->/system

You may delete the content of the multiple post you made when you will be on computer. Especially the first two with the huge pictures.

I was thinking about those partition changes, and
 757 MB    data     --> system
2100 MB internal_sd --> data
 378 MB   system    --> internal_sd
seems reasonable, since space for rom and apps are (hopefully) enough this way and external sd can be used instead of internal sd. This applies to CM11 as well. But perhaps you meant it like this too.

WiFi and RIL works. Free RAM looks like the same as on KitKat. It looks like OMX will be the big issue again.

Edit:

Some screenshot from yesterday:

20141117-184511.png20141116-171806.pngwifi.png

Bluetooth and GPS also works now.