[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest bovinewarrior

With stock ICS I could keep my data off and get a notification when an MMS was pending and then turn on data to download the MMS.

Is there anyway to do something similar with CM11.0?

Thanks

Guest viggen66
AOSP runs the 3.4 kernel, but I have Samsung memory, so wouldent be able for sure eather way
Is it possible to run this new kernel on ics? Or it's only for kit kat? Edited by viggen66

Is it possible to run this new kernel on ics? Or it's only for kit kat?

If you mean just hot-swapping the kernel, i don't think that will work on any other versions besides 4.4.

Guest JotaCarvalho

With stock ICS I could keep my data off and get a notification when an MMS was pending and then turn on data to download the MMS.

Is there anyway to do something similar with CM11.0?

Thanks

You will have a notification, but when you open the messages app you will not see the MMS, only the previous SMS messages.

but if you turn on Data the MMS will be transfered automatically, at least that's what happens in my phone

Guest bovinewarrior

You will have a notification, but when you open the messages app you will not see the MMS, only the previous SMS messages.

but if you turn on Data the MMS will be transfered automatically, at least that's what happens in my phone

Hrmm, didn't do that for me, it was only when my friend asked if I had got the picture and I turned on my data that I got any notification.

Which messaging app are you using?

Guest Balerion

I want pure speed and little hangs, what is the best ROM for this? Is it ginger bread or the new kit kat? Ics has the memory problem too little 512

KK is really great, GB its a bit better when it comes to speed though (Its been a year since I last had GB on my G300 so I can't be really sure) But imho KK is way better than GB, you have a lot of features, it looks better and I dont know, I don't see myself ever going back to gingerbread, I only used it for a day or 2 anyways, before moving forward to ics, jb and kk.

But if all you want is speed and a bugless ROM, gingerbread is the way to go.

PS: Merry Christmas guys!

Guest IceTapanho

I've been using the 20131224 rom since it came out and so far so good. Actually I never thought it was so good, excelent work! I think its pretty stable and ready for daily use

Any major changes to 20131225?

I've been using the 20131224 rom since it came out and so far so good. Actually I never thought it was so good, excelent work! I think its pretty stable and ready for daily use

Any major changes to 20131225?

No. Mostly translations.

Developers has Christmas too. :P

Guest vedicsan

Hey Guys, i am just about to flash 20131226 version on my phone and I will be regularly updated the nightlies. I have one problem though... I have google authenticator on my current rom 4.3 JB. Can someone please let me know how to transfer the authenticator data to kitkat rom? And also do you guys do 3 wipes before you apply the new nightlies or do just apply it over the existing rom? Your help will be much appreciated at this point. Thanks

Guest Meglestus

Rhen, I am still on 12/08 if I am going to te current one, wich gapps do I have to use to avoid the 'no launcher' bug?

I have waited so long because of some personal work.

Rhen, I am still on 12/08 if I am going to te current one, wich gapps do I have to use to avoid the 'no launcher' bug?

I have waited so long because of some personal work.

Latest one. You can find it in my signature.

Clean update is the best choice to update gapps.

You can update your ROM in the same time.

Guest Meglestus

Latest one. You can find it in my signature.

Clean update is the best choice to update gapps.

You can update your ROM in the same time.

Updating ATM ill be changing this post if any problems arrise

It is working perfect, in the start I had major lagg isues, by rebooting the phone it stoped and having no problems!

Edited by Meglestus

Guest Meglestus

Hi guys! How are you? Merry christmas by the away! ;)

And now... is there any "guideline" on how to install this for noobies? Eheheh. Thanks.

I would advice you to check this link, it is form rhen.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367187-gapps-for-cm11-last-updated-2013-12-14/

It states these steps:

Clean update: If you still have problems or update from a different version of gapps than Dazzozo's one or mine, or just want to make your installation clean, you can get everything work without loosing your data and apps making the following steps:

- Download the latest nightly from http://getcm.thebronasium.com/

- Download the latest GApps

- Copy it to your SD card.

- Boot into CWM and format /system (under the mounts and storage options) and wipe dalvik cache. (not the factory reset, under the mount and storage options)

- Install the latest nightly then the latest gapps from your SD card.

As you can see it says you should do this if you have any problems updating, I would advise it for everyone updating because it will 100% sure work this way.

Edited by Meglestus

I would advice you to check this link, it is form rhen.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367187-gapps-for-cm11-last-updated-2013-12-14/

It states these steps:

As you can see it says you should do this if you have any problems updating, I would advise it for everyone updating because it will 100% sure work this way.

This update method is for updating gapps.

If you come from a previous ROM version (eg. CM10.2), I'm not sure it works without wipeing data too.

Please let me know if it works without wipeing data.

Guest Zazasta

Hi guys!

Is it possible to move apps to sdcard, now? I'm sorry if it was answered before, but I was searching and I didn't found it.

Btw, Dazzozo, THANKS for keeping this phone alive :D

Edited by Zazasta