[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest PlotTweets

I am very impressed by the stability and performance of this ROM. Thank you for keeping this device exciting for poor people like me.

Also, I keep seeing nightlies daily but I don't see a changelog so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to look out for.

I've given up on KK having the godlike battery life of GB ROMs, but I dream to see it have comparable battery life to JBs ROMs. Currently my battery holds around 40 hours, whereas with JB it lasted something between 60 and 70. It probably has something to do with lesser percentage of deep sleep (or maybe my battery is starting to show its age). I don't have good BBS data with me right now, but off the top of my head the most consuming kernel wakelock was by far the "blink" wakelock, which I suppose has to do with LED notifications. I'll post screenshot once I get representative data.

I am very impressed by the stability and performance of this ROM. Thank you for keeping this device exciting for poor people like me.

Also, I keep seeing nightlies daily but I don't see a changelog so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to look out for.

I've given up on KK having the godlike battery life of GB ROMs, but I dream to see it have comparable battery life to JBs ROMs. Currently my battery holds around 40 hours, whereas with JB it lasted something between 60 and 70. It probably has something to do with lesser percentage of deep sleep (or maybe my battery is starting to show its age). I don't have good BBS data with me right now, but off the top of my head the most consuming kernel wakelock was by far the "blink" wakelock, which I suppose has to do with LED notifications. I'll post screenshot once I get representative data.

My phone usage and my apps is different than yours, but the battery is definitely better than on CM10.2.

It easily get me through the day. On CM10.2 I had to turn off 3G most of the time to get similar battery life.

Guest YellowRanger

Hello! (I'm new to modaco but I'm used to xda.) I flashed cm-11-20140113-NIGHTLY-u8833.zip (the lastest) from getcm.thebronasium.com/?device=u8833 and also flashed 'pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140111-google-home-signed.zip' So i basically flashed the CM11 Rom and I flashed gapps... The ROM works like a charm... however my google play store keeps crashing and I cant sign in to google... When ever I open play store it crashes... I tried formating /system and /data and / cache both before and after flashing.. Is there somting Im doing wrong to cause google to crash?? Overall all its a very nice ROM.. The Best I ever used!! But the gapps is making it look bad... is it a known bug? or is it just me who has problems?? ;)

Edit: Can I Just flash any Gapps for cm11 for 4.4.2?? This like here has gapps for cm11 (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps), Trying to flash this.... I'll have more news.. ;)

Edit:Yes!!!!! Its working... Hope this is useful for someone else.... I installed gapps from cm11 from wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

Edited by YellowRanger

Hello! (I'm new to modaco but I'm used to xda.) I flashed cm-11-20140113-NIGHTLY-u8833.zip (the lastest) from getcm.thebronasium.com/?device=u8833 and also flashed 'pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140111-google-home-signed.zip' So i basically flashed the CM11 Rom and I flashed gapps... The ROM works like a charm... however my google play store keeps crashing and I cant sign in to google... When ever I open play store it crashes... I tried formating /system and /data and / cache both before and after flashing.. Is there somting Im doing wrong to cause google to crash?? Overall all its a very nice ROM.. The Best I ever used!! But the gapps is making it look bad... is it a known bug? or is it just me who has problems?? ;)

Edit: Can I Just flash any Gapps for cm11 for 4.4.2?? This like here has gapps for cm11 (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps), Trying to flash this.... I'll have more news.. ;)

Edit:Yes!!!!! Its working... Hope this is useful for someone else.... I installed gapps from cm11 from wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

You also have to flash Google Play services module to get it work.

I'll put it back to the base pack now.

Guest YellowRanger

You also have to flash Google Play services module to get it work.

I'll put it back to the base pack now.

Thanks very much... I'm sure you will help someone.... Good Job! Keep up! ;)

Thanks very much... I'm sure you will help someone.... Good Job! Keep up! ;)

Anyway, you use Y300, not G300. The GApps you linked will not work on G300, because G300's /system partition is too small.

That is why I started my GApps "project".

My GApps package is really small, but we have only 5MB free space left after installing it.

On Y300/G510 there is plenty of space to install any versions of PA GApps you want as I mentioned it in my GApps description too.

But thanks for the report. ;)

Edited by rhen

Guest kdelivuk

ok guys, now i have another problem .. i installed :

cm-11-20140112-NIGHTLY-u8815 / cm-11-20140114-NIGHTLY-u8815 (tried with both versions)

and

pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131126-signed / pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140111-stripped-signed (tried with both versions)

and when cyanogenmod installs i see lockscreen, but when i unlock it the screen is black .. i can open anything (messages , mp3 player , ... from lockscreen) but background screen is missing ... and other problem is that 3 buttons (home , back , menu ) on phone dont work .. so i can't do anything ...  any clue why?

Guest bigas80
Hello to all,
I have 2 problems:
1 - when someone calls me the ringtone starts, but immediately the screen turns on only after 5-10 seconds.
2 - times the network displays full signal reception, but if someone calls me I is untraceable, I must restart the phone

Guest dubitoergosum

hi! I can't change the volume while on lock screen. is this common? is there any way to fix/add this feature? I'm on the 01/11 nightly

oh, and another thing: can't seem to find parentheses on the kb!

Edited by dubitoergosum

ok guys, now i have another problem .. i installed :

cm-11-20140112-NIGHTLY-u8815 / cm-11-20140114-NIGHTLY-u8815 (tried with both versions)

and

pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131126-signed / pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140111-stripped-signed (tried with both versions)

and when cyanogenmod installs i see lockscreen, but when i unlock it the screen is black .. i can open anything (messages , mp3 player , ... from lockscreen) but background screen is missing ... and other problem is that 3 buttons (home , back , menu ) on phone dont work .. so i can't do anything ...  any clue why?

You have to format the /system partition before install the latest nighty and pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140111-stripped-signed.

The installation of pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131126-signed has left you with 0 MB free space on /system and deleted your launcher.

If you downloaded my pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140111-stripped-signed yesterday, please download it again. Yesterday's pack has a bug that prevents you to setup your google account and access to play store.

Guest joandrade

Everyone, seriously:

Is it really that hard to read at least the last 10 pages of the topic? rhen has been replying to people with the same problem since at least january 3rd:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367019-kk-442-cyanogenmod-110-rom-nightly-builds-available/page-40#entry2186560

Please make an effort to see if the issue you're having has been solved earlier. Otherwise you'll just seem brain-dead and clog the topic with unnecessary posts.

hi
problem with swype keyboard doesn't work, just me ?

I've been using Swype with Dazzozo's CM builds since practically the beginning, and I've had no issues. A bit of lag some times, but nothing major.

What's your problem? Is your Swype apk downloaded officially from the Play Store? It should have no issues.

i like use the sms aplication native, but the mms don't send automatically. You can check this? PLEASE :D

What do you mean? I think you need to have mobile data on for mms to be sent.

Edited by joandrade

Guest Raquel Ferreira

What do you mean? I think you need to have mobile data on for mms to be sent.

ok, this is true, but is possible to send mms and data turn on automatically, because in others versions of dazzozo i use the app messaging and i send mms without turn on data.  :)  

With some ROMs and configurations you may be able to send MMS over wifi but I've never gotten it to work.

Normally you need a data allowance with your carrier package and your APN correctly configured for internet and MMS access for this to work.

Even when you are on wifi it will normally switch to carrier data connection to send the MMS.

Guest NBatalha

Hi guys! I'am here to ask about the "Ok Google" function. I know that is possible to get it working, but the thing is that it only works in one specified launcher, Google experience. I wanted to know if it is possible to get it working on the launcher3 which is the default launcher on cm11, if I'm not mistaken. Or even better, in other launcher like Nova Launcher.

Guest Raquel Ferreira

With some ROMs and configurations you may be able to send MMS over wifi but I've never gotten it to work.

Normally you need a data allowance with your carrier package and your APN correctly configured for internet and MMS access for this to work.

Even when you are on wifi it will normally switch to carrier data connection to send the MMS.

The app Textra (for example) turn on the data if i send a mms or receive. App messaging don't do that in this rom, but in others works :x     .. wifi for send mms i don't use that. :) 

Guest wards5150

Hi all. Can someone tell me how to put a new message notification sound on this Rom. I can get to where it needs to go but can't add files to the folder. Any ideas.

Hi all. Can someone tell me how to put a new message notification sound on this Rom. I can get to where it needs to go but can't add files to the folder. Any ideas.

Start the default file manager. Press menu -> Settings -> General -> Access mode -> Root access.

After this, copy your sound to the /system/media/audio/notification folder.

You can setup only ogg sounds AFAIK.

Edited by rhen

Guest beermad

Out of curiosity, how have people using this ROM been finding Google Maps apps? Does it still suffer from the horrible flicker that maps display in CM10.1?

Out of curiosity, how have people using this ROM been finding Google Maps apps? Does it still suffer from the horrible flicker that maps display in CM10.1?

You can install Google Maps from Play Store and it works fine without flickering on CM11.