[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest razor74

Exchange service crash at every installation/uninstallation of any app that supports voip( or not). Google hangouts crash at inintializing video call. Camera is blurred. Any audio app with tone corrections ( EQ) loose tone settings after some time. Phone lags wery much after wake from idle- much more than 4.22, 4.03 android versions. Any of those problem resolved untill now? Because i will newer flash again any nightly build with aditional bugs. I'm bored to test day by day nightlies and to newer ending bugs on this rom. I think no one from this forum has any intervention on this rom anywhay from awhile.(except rhen gapps - good work ). All modiffication which we see into logs are only from cyanogen developing only( not g300 specifically) and  i think any bug report here is worthless...

Edited by razor74

Guest Meglestus

Just want to say a big thanks to the developer(s) of this ROM!

I flashed a CM11 nightly from 15 March 2014 over my stock ICS Huawei ROM, brought new life to an old but capable little phone (Huawei Ascend G300)

Was a bit of a nightmare install though, as my old Vista laptop did't want to communicate with the phone, but worked like a charm when using a Linux Mint netbook to unlock the bootloader and flash cwm! It was giving 'insufficient storage' warnings when trying to install gapps, but I managed to google and find a micro version of gapps that did the trick!

I do have some questions however though:

1) It does seem to drain the battery quicker than the old stock ICS. Is this normal?

2) Is there a way of keeping AOSP Browser up to date, as I love it way more than Chrome!

3) Will the play store update itself?

4) Is it possible to install other stock Android/AOSP/Cyanmod apps on CM11 (like notepad). Where would I find these?

5) Can I update CM11 (over the air) without having to re-setup everything again, or would I have to re-flash from scratch again each time?

Thanks again for resurrecting devices that the manufacturers have long forgot!

Kenny Powers

^_^

1) It is possible it drains faster, but as I have no memory over the stock roms I am not sure though.

2) As I don't use AOSP browser I've got no awnsers for you.

3) Ofcourse it will, at least I never had problems with it being outdated

4) Just search the google play store ore use google.

5) You can by going to ábout phone' and press cyanogen mod updates, and install the latest one.

Guest rhen

Anyone have this strange behavior too?

post-701929-0-04162200-1399356308_thumb.

It seems that CM Updater continuously keep this "2 file download in progress" notification.

It appears yesterday after update first and I still can't remove it from the notification drawer.

Guest wbrambley

Anyone have this strange behavior too?

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-05-06-06-51-55.png

It seems that CM Updater continuously keep this "2 file download in progress" notification.

It appears yesterday after update first and I still can't remove it from the notification drawer.

Have you tried cleaning out not used or duplicate ROM downloads from your cmupdate folder?

Guest rhen

Have you tried cleaning out not used or duplicate ROM downloads from your cmupdate folder?

I've tried.

Also tried to delete CM Updater's data but didn't helped.

The problem may related to the change "addd919 Add Download Speeds in notification" in the 20140504 build.

Edit: Yes, the problem was the download provider. I've deleted the Download provider's data and the notification disappeared.

Edited by rhen

Guest KennyPowers2000

I've got quite a low speakerphone volume on my G300 with CM11.

I did read you can manually edit a config file value to increase this, does anyone know which/where the file might be on the Ascend G300? (seems each phone has its own different directory structure!)

Thanks

KP

Guest fiona_stargatefan

Just wanted to say thanks to the developer of this ROM. After several months of using the ROM I was happy enough with the 21st of April nightly. I took the plunge and encrypted the 'phone so that I can get work emails on it. The encrypted 'phone is working fine and I'm very happy with it. A few dodgy days when I moved a lot of Apps to the SD card but after moving them back the 'phone started working fine again.

For info., the apps that I had to move back to internal storage were Facebook, Yahoo email, Outlook email, Amazon appstore, Firefox. Smaller less "hungry" apps seem to work fine on the SD card

Cheers,

Fiona

Guest dalyer

I've got quite a low speakerphone volume on my G300 with CM11.

I did read you can manually edit a config file value to increase this, does anyone know which/where the file might be on the Ascend G300? (seems each phone has its own different directory structure!)

Thanks

KP

Google "modaco g300 low speaker volume" to fine related posts/threads.

There might be something useful there.

The directory structure may be different between different ROMs.

It's not different between individual phones per se.

Guest angerscot

Hi, I´ve been following this topic for a long time, but have never tried yet to install CM on a G300 (thoug I´ve done it in some other phones).

My quick and short question is: can I reinstall the stock rom 4.0.3 eventually if I want to?

Thanks in advance!

Guest gigis

so, the random 3G reboots are gone thanks to the official bootloader unlock method. Thanks guys.

As many users said in their recent posts. There seems to be a problem with some devices after the theme system was introduced. Any update after 09th of April freezez my phone in many apps, when trying to pull the notification bar, etc.

Other bugs (maybe just my bugs, but i can't be the only lucky one):

- after some reboots the phone won't lock instantly, i have to wait, about a minute, then the lockscreen button will work.

- sometimes i can't go use the back button and the volume rockers don't work, i have to close some apps or reboot.

- speaker low volume

- phone app while dialing it's kinda slow, it takes like 3 seconds to show after i press a number to be dialed.

When i unlocked my bootloader i had to install the official ICS update so i can use some ADB commands, and i kinda played a bit with the ICS official ROM. i went to the storage settings and i saw it only had the extended storage (2,50gb) and the SDCard storage and apps where stored directly to the extended storage. why isn't it the same in KK? that 1Gb internal storage is really not good when you have many apps installed.

Thanks.

Edited by gigis

Guest dalyer

My quick and short question is: can I reinstall the stock rom 4.0.3 eventually if I want to?

Yes - you should always be able to revert to stock ICS (e.g. B952). 

The bootloader official unlock tutorial explains how to get and force update this:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/

Hope this helps.

Guest Mig3l

I had two problems with this ROM that, for now, made me go back to CM9:

1 - When connecting to the PC as mass storage, the phone reboots every single time when I click the "Turn on USB storage" button. Wiping and formatting absolutely everything in CWM and trying again after a fresh clean install didn't solve...

2 - In Portugal, in my opinion, the absolutely best GPS app, by far, is "MEO Drive" (which I think is based in NDrive, or so I read). Since late April's nightlies, the app just disappeared and when trying to reinstalling it I get a message that translates to something like "This package has a bad manifest". Clean installing the ROM again didn't solve...

P.S: This also happened in my Nexus 7 in the last CM update.

Downgraded to CM ICS and these problems just vanished...

Guest pejicgoran

@Mig3l:Go to cm10.1 from 29.11.13 not to cm9.Cm9 is worst cm rom ever made for g300 with bad ram optimations.

Guest trelowney

Anyone with 20140511 nightly working? For me working, but when anyone call me, call app go down and there is no able to answer the call.. After downgrade to 20140510 everything is ok..

Guest S4crifice

The same with me, couldn't take any call ..

Then I installed 20140510 and everything is working but 20140511 was running on new kernel so I hope this will be fixed ASAP

Guest wards5150

In call ui seems to be fixed on latest build, but now camera not working it force closes on start up. Using Google camera for now.

Guest trumpet-t1

By last week I was on 20131230 build. And I have to say that phone is usable. No reboots, no lags. Missing features fill Xposed. Maybe I'll try new update, but I'm afraid that will be the same like before.

Guest dinamo1975

Spirit FM don't work on last build... to all: i need a functional version of Spirit FM for CM11!

Problem solved!

Install SpiritFM > Set permission in SU > Restart phone > OK!

Thank you!

Edited by dinamo1975

Guest Mig3l

In Portugal, in my opinion, the absolutely best GPS app, by far, is "MEO Drive" (which I think is based in NDrive, or so I read). Since late April's nightlies, the app just disappeared and when trying to reinstalling it I get a message that translates to something like "This package has a bad manifest". Clean installing the ROM again didn't solve...

P.S: This also happened in my Nexus 7 in the last CM update.

Downgraded to CM ICS and these problems just vanished...

Any help on this? This is clearly an imcompatibility problem between the newer nightlies and this app, is there any way to go around this?

Thank you so much

Edit: I tried to quote my other post but it just appeared as plain text...

Edited by Mig3l

Guest JulianDoe

hi all :)

after I installed cm 11-20140510 my phone crashes pretty often...

I used to play that stupid game - candy crush, but now I cant do it. 

I noticed it crashes when I try to open some apps...

Guest IceTapanho

I'm using nightly 2014-05-10, and I can assure you its the most stable and snappy KK rom I had in my phone.

Don't know if recent nightlies are so good as this one, but why change what is working perfectly?

Try wipe EVERYTHING and install it again