[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest razor74

You are using a custom ROM in a phone that's not officially supported by cyanogen... If you don't feel comfortable with it you can buy a better phone or you can help to develop. If you can't do nothing of the above just be polite and report the bugs.

I am on this rom from the begining and i know very well what's about it. But this rom now reach the state of a junk. This is reality. nd developers... I think there is no developer anymore to care about this rom except Rhen.

Thanks anywhay...

Edited by razor74

Guest joandrade

I am on this rom from the begining and i know very well what's about it. But this rom now reach the state of a junk. This is reality. nd developers... I think there is no developer anymore to care about this rom except Rhen.

Thanks anywhay...

Saying that shows tremendous disrespect for the people who worked on it and devoted hours of their time (for free, because they do it as a hobby) to have something usable, as opposed to an OS that is 4 years old. It does have its problems, but if you look at what has been done, I would say it's pretty impressive.

If you want your phone to behave like a Nexus, buy a Nexus. Or get a Moto. Don't expect a 100€ phone from 2012 to behave like a 2014 flagship.

Guest cjcandrei

I'd say too that the support for the phone it's dead in the water

I've switched already to a sony xperia l. My old g300 remained on stock b952 as this kk was never stable... Anyway thanks guys for the joy that you gave me just by reading this forum and thanks for the time you invested in this little piece of hardware...

Guest Razor3000

Anyone else with the experience that some recent change totally killed deep sleep? I used to get up to 3 days of battery out of the phone, with mild use:

CB84aYDl.png

That's from June 2nd (I think I was running the May 30th nightly). I then switched to the June 12th one.

And since I updated to the June 26th nightly, battery usage has gone through the roof:

QtDCQEil.png 0JmGWtsl.png

This was overnight. You can see that the phone was awake all night (on normal conditions it would have gone to sleep) and that Google Services has been pretty busy. Does any of you have the same behaviour?

Cheers

I don't have that problem with the 26-06 nightly.

post-1012443-14039615300448_thumb.jpg

post-1012443-14039615617839_thumb.jpg

Guest joandrade

Thanks Razor3000. It's pretty obvious that Google Services is keeping the device awake, I'll look into it when I have the time.

Thanks Razor3000. It's pretty obvious that Google Services is keeping the device awake, I'll look into it when I have the time.

Have you tried update the gapps to the latest version?

Also try to clear play services data after update.

(if you plan to install the play services module, remove the installed play services update before install the module )

hi, can someone tell me how to use cyanogenmod 11 google play store(i use normal gapps, yourzgapps, and minimal gapps) and everyone should have google play services installed.

can someone tell me how to use cyanogenmod11 play store without google play services.

another thing. there's a LOT of FC, when using GPS(High precision) and(i already know that should be a bit normal), there's a lot of battery consuption, when using mobile data and GPS(but battery drains really fast)

Then, I think that cyanogenmod 11 nightilies should be updated to android 5 or 4.5?

http://developer.android.com/preview/index.html

And too, since cm9, that I CAN'T USE otg. i connect 2 different mouses(not portable) and they simply aren't recognized. 

Guest noobster

hi, can someone tell me how to use cyanogenmod 11 google play store(i use normal gapps, yourzgapps, and minimal gapps) and everyone should have google play services installed.

can someone tell me how to use cyanogenmod11 play store without google play services.

another thing. there's a LOT of FC, when using GPS(High precision) and(i already know that should be a bit normal), there's a lot of battery consuption, when using mobile data and GPS(but battery drains really fast)

Then, I think that cyanogenmod 11 nightilies should be updated to android 5 or 4.5?

And too, since cm9, that I CAN'T USE otg. i connect 2 different mouses(not portable) and they simply aren't recognized. 

android L is in a developer preview and for now , only the nexus 5 has it

just wait a month and prob. there will be a version to our phone (?)

You can't use Play Store without Play services.

I found GPS navigation, especially online navigation the most demanding task for the phone and its battery.

Android "L" will be a mayor revision. It will be a new CM number too. 12 at least.

I don't think this phone can handle the "L" version of android.

I think it will stuck on KitKat.

Guest Dovahpig

Even KitKat is almost too big for G300.

If someone would port SlimKat like telonius did with SlimBean, it would probably be the best rom for G300 ever made.

but  can't u tell me why google play store don't work without gplay services?

Google designed the Play services and Play Store this way.

Google Play Services implement functions that is closed source and do not part of the AOSP build.

Also you can't use many other Google apps without it. Google Search, Hangouts, Camera etc.

but with cm10.2, cm10.x and cm9 i could use google play store without the services.

why in this version, it had broken?

There are many apps that has different versions on Play Store and if you install it on your phone, Play Store pushes the version that is proper for your phone.

I think the Play Store app itself also differ from version-to-version between different versions of android.

Just think about that you need different version of GApps for different version of android.

So the final words is that it works like this because Google wants to works like this.

Guest rhen

I found that the system doesn't use as much of the zRAM as I think is efficient, so I have increased swappines to 80 and it seems like multitasking capability is increased significantly.

(Maybe just a placebo, but it looks like it is better now)

edit: I'll try 90 too.

edit2: not much use of 90.

edit3: sometimes the system looks a little laggy because of the intensive use of zRAM (OC would help a little in this part. with the G510 and Y300 this could not be a problem), but I prefer switching between apps without reloading the app over the smoothness for now.

I'll use the ROM with this setting for a while.

edit4:

You can give it a try with 2 methods:

- temporary (lost with reboot):

Go to terminal emulator -> su -> echo 80 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

- permanent:

place a userinit.sh file in the /data/local/ folder with the following content:

# !/system/bin/sh

echo 80 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

Give correct permission to the file (755)

Reboot.

You can experiment with different values between 0 and 100. 60 is the default.

0 means no use of zRAM, 100 means use whenever it possible.

Edited by rhen

Guest razor74

Saying that shows tremendous disrespect for the people who worked on it and devoted hours of their time (for free, because they do it as a hobby) to have something usable, as opposed to an OS that is 4 years old. It does have its problems, but if you look at what has been done, I would say it's pretty impressive.

If you want your phone to behave like a Nexus, buy a Nexus. Or get a Moto. Don't expect a 100€ phone from 2012 to behave like a 2014 flagship.

Please DON'T jump over the horse and don't acuse me of disrespect. I didn't throw injuries to no one. Take it easy...

Edited by razor74

Guest ovijin

Another bug: - When i am in a call and another call incomming, if i not close this current call, after few seccond the other cannot hear me anymore...

I've noticed the same thing. Also, sometimes when receiving a call I get a black screen with no possibility to answer.

But the most frustrating issue is that I lose all custom icons and wallpaper on reboot. The phone resets to the default state, but keeping the widgets though.

I'm on CM 11-20140610-NIGHTLY-u8815 and Trebuchet, but I had the same problems with Apex and Nova launchers.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the great work, guys.

Guest brunowing

there is no way? oh... i wanted to try 1228 mhz or something like that just to see if the device was smoother. thank you for the answer!

Guest coiso e tal

I've noticed the same thing. Also, sometimes when receiving a call I get a black screen with no possibility to answer.

But the most frustrating issue is that I lose all custom icons and wallpaper on reboot. The phone resets to the default state, but keeping the widgets though.

I'm on CM 11-20140610-NIGHTLY-u8815 and Trebuchet, but I had the same problems with Apex and Nova launchers.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the great work, guys.

Me too. But it just started happening in the 2014-07-03 nightly I guess. The phone is lagging big time, sometimes it doesn't even unlock or takes a lot of time. It reboots on its own. I started taking the battery off the phone a lot of times now, it's so frustrating, every 30 minutes I fantasize about smashing the phone against a wall or floor and then rip my shirt off while screaming. Oh god I sooo want to do it now  -.-   jk   I just updated to the 2014-07-04, let's see...

Keep up the work guys, thanks for the rom   ;)

Edited by coiso e tal